Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • candyman
    • Jan 2002

flask and dvd2avi wont save avi???

im probably missing somthing obvious but im unable to save as an avi in DVD2AVI or flask, flask gives me "AVIFileOpen Doesn't worked! VFWErrorcode:80040154" and dvd2avi imeadiatly says its "finished". This is using different VOB files and trying to encode using different DIVX codecs. Im clearly missing somthing simply? a codec not installed properly?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Apart from a possible codec problem, have you got DirectX installed as well? The latest one, preferably.

Comment

• candyman
      • Jan 2002

yes, directx 8. just noticed somthing else, when i select where to save the file in FLASK under file types the drop down box is empty?!?!? cant select AVI or anything?!?!

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

And have you actually selected your video compressor and configured the settings?

Comment

• candyman
          • Jan 2002

yeh, ive tried various guides from the net and tried some of my own settings, but the only way i can get it to work is to Smart Rip it then make a project in DVD2AVI then TEMPGENC to an MPEG and convert it to DIVX AVI with VirtualDub (still with me). When what i really want to do is open up flask, sort out the sizes and frame rates, bang in the bitrate and save an AVI in a couple of hours, but so far ive been unable to, they keep throwing up error messages

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

That's queer. You may want to try reinstalling Flask and your codecs and see if there is any improvement. Remember to keep your settings straight and simple.

Comment

• candyman
              • Jan 2002

your telling me! ive reinstalled everything i can, short of reinstalling windows i dont know what else to try. Im sure this shouldn't be happening
              Attached Files

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

I checked Flask and indeed the same thing happened to my copy. However, it shouldn't really matter, as long as you have specified the file name in Global Project Options. What output format have you chosen? And what video compressor are you using? Lastly, did you choose Open File or Open DVD?

Comment

• candyman
                  • Jan 2002

selected AVI output, tried 4.11, low-motion, fast-motion and 3.11. Im opening some VBO's i ripped with smart rip, so open file.

Comment

• candyman
                    • Jan 2002

this is what i keep getting
                    Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

Does your Flask directory include the required "aviout.cm.flask" file (Approximately 100k)?

If not, you probably downloaded an "add-on" version of Flask, which requires that you first install a full (earlier) version of Flask - and then replace the file "FlaskMPEG.exe" with the modified version...

Comment

• Enchanter
                        Old member
                        • Feb 2002

Can you try using a different patched Flask? I believe there are quite a few of them around. Look here:

Comment

• candyman
                          • Jan 2002

LOL!! its a good job you gave me that link! but then im sure yuo saw the same file i did thanks guys it works fine now
                          Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
                            Retired
                            • Dec 2001

A suggestion, if I may. In light of the fact that you're using v.0.594, download and install the following modified version: "Flaskpx3_oo4e_final.zip" (from the same site).

It is more reliable, faster, and does not require the patch that you just located...

Comment

• candyman
                              • Jan 2002

ok cheers, that file has fixed the problem with dvd2avi aswell! wierd

Comment

Working...