Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Artman
    • Apr 2002

Slight Problem with TEMPGENC

Setarip help me last week and baby sat me through my first use off tempgenc program to create a VCD however there is one slight problem my VCD does not play correctly on DVD player it sort off sticks for want off a better description can any one advise i have a funny feeling it may due to Frame rate i never adjusted these during my conversion but when i created VCD (using nero) it did say it not 100% VCD compliant and i chose to ignore and continue...any ideas.

Thanx in advance
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

hmmmm..

What were the steps?

I hope u used TMPGENC v2.5x

follow the wizard through it and then burn again with nero.

Make sure ur dvd player supports CD-R's

tell us what the result is when u have done the above

Techno

Comment

• Artman
      • Apr 2002

setarip gave a bullet point step guide see other thread AVI 2 VCD posted under my name. i have done this twice and same results however i was able to copy a vcd from a friend and this works 100% fine. Thus eliminating the cdr compatibility also tried diffenrent disk speed writing.

The frame rate was 23.569 or something similar thats why i thought problem with frame rate....

Obvious 10hr conversion is a pain to find recurrent error only real test is to burn to VCD as mpg does playback perfect on PC

Comment

• Artman
        • Apr 2002

I appologise the original frame rate is 25fps and some thing i noticed when i set up tempgenc it started the wizard after couple off steps it does not allow frame rate to be changed. However if you operate tempenc without wizrd then you can set the framerate at whatever in pull down menu. Can please advice what this setting is for UK (PAL) does it vary with diffetent PAL aspect ratio's? Thnx in advance

Comment

• techno
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Nov 2001

the wizard will not let u change the frame reate because it is loading from a VCD template.

VCD can have only 2 frame rates:

25fps (PAL) or 29.97(NTSC)

If u do not encode this and just make ur own settings, it is not VCD. It is just standard MPEG, if u know whta I mean.

4:3 aspect ratio is kinda black bars on the sides and a bit on the top

16:9 aspect ratio makes it wide screen.

Just experiment.

Techno

Comment

• hermanthegerman
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Apr 2002

I agree with techno. Just try out some settings. You don't have to encode the whole movie. In TMPGEnc you can select only a view minutes to encode then load the file into Nero and check if it is 100% VCD compatible.

Regards,
            hermanthegerman

Comment

• techno
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Nov 2001

Thanks! Hermanthegerman.

Techno

Comment

Working...