Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calmecrzy
    • Apr 2002

Encoding

I am new to the encoding process. Is it possible to encode multiple files at the same time. By the way is divx 4.12 better than 5.01 in quality while encoding from mpeg to avi Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Is it possible to encode multiple files at the same time."

Yes, by running multiple copies of the software you're using (e.g. Flask, etc.) - BUT, you'll find that it won't save you any time, as the process slows down with each additional implementation. It will, however, allow you to let your computer "go on its merry way" without requiring your presence...

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

aaaaaahhh (releaving sounds), setarip saves the day!

Techno

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Originally posted by setarip

Yes, by running multiple copies of the software you're using (e.g. Flask, etc.) - BUT, you'll find that it won't save you any time, as the process slows down with each additional implementation. It will, however, allow you to let your computer "go on its merry way" without requiring your presence...
        If you are doing 2-pass encoding with divx4 or 5 you need to be carefull with this, by default it will store the logfile in c:\divx.log, but if you run multiple instances of flask you must set a different logfile for each instance.

The other option would be to use virtualdub which properly support batch job processing.
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• calmecrzy
          • Apr 2002

thankx for all the advice i am going to try it out as soon as i get a chance.

Comment

Working...