Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironman2632
    • Feb 2005

Playback n/a after converting using DivxtoDVD

I had a video clip that I wanted to convert to dvd ready files. I converted the clip using DivxtoDVD and then used Nero to burn the files to DVD. When I put it in the player an error message comes up that says something like "ERROR. Playback not available please eject disc." I tried burning on 2 different dvd's but it comes up the same. Any help?
  • pittbull
    • Jul 2006

you may need to slow down the speed of your burner, i usually only burn at 4x even though my burner goes up to 16x. also what version of nero are you using because version 7 can be unstable.
    another factor could be your media. if there DVD-R then some players don't support them. i burnt off a dvd on an spare DVD-R disk a while ago and my player rejected it to.
    Last edited by pittbull; 1 Aug 2006, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• ironman2632
      • Feb 2005

They are TDK DVD-R and I have backed up over 250 DVD's with them and all of those have worked fine on this player. I have Nero 6.

Comment

• pittbull
        • Jul 2006

what format is the original file

Comment

• ironman2632
          • Feb 2005

.avi

It doesn't make any sense. I recently did another .avi and it plays.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

post the file info
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• pittbull
              • Jul 2006

make sure you've got the latest codec's and updates installed for nero, then try just using nero. in other words don't use divxtodvd, just let nero do the whole process, in nerovision express.
              if that fails find and install convertxtodvd by vso softwares.u can get freeware and share ware versions. it's very fast and produces flawless results. this is the software i use, but the full version. as the name suggests, it converts and burns any type of file to dvd.
              i rarely use nero anymore as i find that convertxtodvd produces all round better results.

Comment

• pittbull
                • Jul 2006

divxtodvd may do something to the file that nero doesn't comply with while burning.
                also there are slight differences from one avi to another in certain cases, and usually with most files.u may just be missin a codec or an update that is needed for this file. most of the time u find with cases like this that it's just a small thing that has been overlooked to solve the problem.
                Last edited by pittbull; 2 Aug 2006, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Working...