X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lostinlodos
    Banned
    • Jan 2005

Capture running video to DivX/Xvid

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a piece of software that will capture running video playback from BS Player and VLC player, and record it to DivX/XviD or any other format for that matter. I've tried live screen recorders and I get the audio, but the video screen is black. I want to record a movie that I'm playing in BS Player ( I have several movies in uncommon and obscure format) in real time to another format that is more common like DivX. Thanks everyone.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

why in realtime?
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

Yes,why do u want to RECORD realtime instead of CONVERTING the video to ur desired format?
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• lostinlodos
        Banned
        • Jan 2005

Three reasons,
        First, some of my MOV files are "locked", and don't convert well, I only get 1/4 of the screen on conversion.

Second, I have some broken video files that are 90%-99% complete, or are slightly corrupted from recovering them after a data crash. They can play back almost fine in BS Player or VLC player, but will not convert in any of my conversion software. I receive incomplete or corrupted video errors when I try.

Third, I have some relatively obscure formats that I would like to dump to more common formats, like flash video, m2v, and scvf and so on. Again I can play them, but being able to convert them to a common format would allow me to put them onto disk.

I had software a few months back, but I've since had a hard drive crash and that's one of the few things that wasn't backed up. I may also be able record streaming video using this software. If I remember correctly, as it's been some time since I used it, you load the program, and then it gives you a selection tool. You drag the selection box tool and draw a square over what you would like to record. the start the video and click the record button. 2 hours later, you have a 1:1 duplicate of any motion that occurred in that box, like my movies.
        Thanks

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

First, some of my MOV files are "locked", and don't convert well, I only get 1/4 of the screen on conversion.
          i'm curious as to what your method is

for avi files, use virtualdub or divfix. for mpeg 1/2, projectX or videoredo. everything else run VLC, go file-->wizard
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• lostinlodos
            Banned
            • Jan 2005

by locked I refer to DRM. Some mov files have the apple DRM code that can't be removed, and locked the file from conversion, editing. That is the core need for a 1:1 capture. Same with Flash DRM files in fcvf and scvf formats.

Anonymez, just tried your VLC trick, it works for some of the files, but the mov movies are still not recording. I tried ACA, and it worked at first, but as soon as I registered it, it stopped working. I'm beginning to think I'm out of luck, now that I'm out a little cash for a crap program that only works BEFORE you register. Any other Ideas?, Oh, and I have virtualdub, I use it for sub-ing international videos so my friends can watch them. It only works for avi/mpg files though. I'm trying to take NON avi files, and turn them into XviD files.
            Last edited by lostinlodos; 17 Sep 2006, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• paglamon
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

Have u tried Mediacoder?
              sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• lostinlodos
                Banned
                • Jan 2005

I will now and will get back after I tried it. Thanks

Comment

• lostinlodos
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2005

anonymez, VLC player is working for all but three formats. I still can't get ANYTHING for output from RM files (no support yet), Locked MOV files give me only the audio track, because the video loads in a second screen in VLC, and I've now lost total support for WMV files. Any ideas for these three?

Comment

Working...