Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dewwars
    • Jun 2005

Various?

I have various childhood cartoons from when I was younger. That when I was younger I recorded on vhs and I know they have not been issued on dvd yet. The quality of the videos are not flawless but I would like to move them from vhs to dvd. Save on space. The only way I could figure out to put them on my computer was to record each episode individually on a camcorder then put that file on my computer. So each file pretty much contains one episode. The files are .avi or .wmv files.
    I want to try to create a title menu too so you can just jump to that specific episode.
    I tried avi2dvd but I have weird problems with it...
    seems to load only one episode
    doesnt allow weird symbols in text
    doesnt let me select an audiostream(even used someone suggestion on virtualdubmod and still same results plus would have done that with every one if it did)
    can't figure out the menu (confuses me when it ask you if you want chapters every so and so minutes in the output tab...is there a way to just add a chapter at the start of every episode/file?)

I followed the guide but it doesn't let me burn to see if it selects the whole path because of no options for the audiostream. So if it somehow I can get help to fix that and it does then all I have to worry about is the title menu thing!
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Hi Dewwars,

I assume you are running the latest AVI2DVD, ver 0.4.4beta?

FYI, I encountered that probelm with weird symbol ... just rename your AVI so as it has a short name and no symbols ... example: bugsbunny01, ....
    Then try it. I had the same problem since that was first time I was using it to convert an avi that friend gave me ... matter of a fact a cartoon.

BTW, It did a great job for me on my conversion ... the final result looked just as good as, if not better than my original AVI.

G!

Comment

Working...