Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monkeybusiness
    • Apr 2002

Subtitle Question (kinda..)

I'm trying to backup a film (which is in english) which has several scenes in other languages which are subtitled - these are the only part of the film which is subtitled however.
    I'm using flask to try and decode, however it always decodes WITHOUT the subtitles for those scenes. If I select either of the subtitle options (closed caption or not) when opening the .ifo I get subtitles throughout the whole film.
    Anybody know how to do this without resorting to ripping the whole sub track to a .sub/.srt file and then selectively removing the unneeded parts?
    Thanks.
  • Erci
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Nov 2001

If you don't choose any sub at all it should work. If you for example watch the dvd and choose no subs you'll see that you get the subs where they speak a foreign language.
    All the movies I ripped with some foreign language part has been so.

//Erci
    DVD Backup Guide

Comment

• Erci
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Nov 2001

And btw try for example GordianKnot with nandub instead, you'll get better quality.

//Erci
      DVD Backup Guide

Comment

• monkeybusiness
        • Apr 2002

Have tried that already - it isn't showing the subs at all, even on the non-english dialog where playing direct from dvd would show them. Maybe it's a trait of flask? Anyone?
        Anyway, I'll probably try gknot as it's about time I did.
        I knew that if I mentioned flask someone would mention using gknot
        I'm off to find out what all the fuss is about...
        Cheers

Comment

Working...