Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TechRockerB01
    • Dec 2001

Help A Newbie!!!!

Hey I am totally new to this dvd rip divx avi blah blah blah thing. I have successfully downloaded a couple divx movies, but it is a hassle to find them, anyway, i decided that i would start ripping them myself. I have downloaded clad dvd, and am in the process of ripping a dvd while i am writing this question. I was wondering, what format will the file be in?? What do i need to do after i rip it?? Since it is so big, how do i burn it??? Do i need to convert it to divx , will it even make it smaller?? A friend of mine mentioned something about having to have a bitrate calculator, what the hell for??, do i need one? AAARRRRGGHHHH, as you can obviously see i have no clue what i am doing, so any help would be good help, thank you soo much if you answer this!!
  • SithUK
    • Dec 2001

As with all skills you have a little reading to do =) Check this page, I started with zero knowledge 3days ago but am learning fast.

I HEAVILY reccomend you read the 'DVD to DivX using FlaskMPEG Guide 4.0' on the following article page (part of the DivX Digest section of Digital Digest).

Digital Digest DivX XviD Articles, Guides Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, XviD and AVI articles, guides and reviews , latest news and updates

Not mentioned in the guide is details on splitting that larger than one cd avi file you end up with =) Don't worry there is a little utility program you can use to split it so you can then copy to CD.

Hope I've helped my friend!

SithUK

Comment

• Trancemaster
      Snoogins
      • Dec 2001

Or try Nicky Page's Guides. Any search engine should find it.

You need AVIChop to cut files to make them fit on two CD's
      Get it here ---------------> Doom9

Good Luck!
      Snooch to the Nooch!

Comment

• bjackson
        • Nov 2001

take your time and practice

Man, you need to chill and not expect to learn everything at once! There is all the info you need in the guides that are mentioned through out these forums, just start reading them and your on your way! Thats all I did.

Comment

Working...