X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Divx5.0.2 Released

Divx5.0.2 Has been relased, if you check the change log, you will see that playback has been much improved.

It also fixes a few nasty encoding bugs, such as the b_trace.txt bug, which actually crashed my system once.

This is definetly a must have if you use divx5, get it now from here
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
  • Stormblade
    Video Editing Newbie
    • Jan 2002

Have you tried it with Virtual Dub yet? I remember that when I encoded a video with 5.0.1 and Virtual Dub I ended up with a 1 frame delay. Then I upgraded Virtual Dub and that was fixed. Now I wonder if I upgrade to 5.0.2 will that fix Virtual Dub put it now cause me to have problems.
    My Awesome Computer System called Midnight
    The worth of your opinion is in direct proportion to the number of people who have asked for it.

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

Yes I have tried it works great for me, with vdub 1.4.10.

Comment

• hacker_on_fire
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Mar 2002

what do you think about comparing it 2 divx3.11/m$mpeg v2
        MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

How 2 post questions correctly
        Look here before posting questions

Comment

• khp
          The Other
          • Nov 2001

ohhh..

I really don't like to answer this question. I very much prefer to keep my opinions to myself. I think everyone should be allowed to make up their own minds about this. My opinion on this subject might influence other peoples opinions, so I try to talk as little as possible about this.

Anyway, I guess most of the regular visitor of this site know my views of the subject.
          I don't think the difference is as great as some people make it out to be.
          And I do think divx5 is the way forward. Development on nandub/divx3.11/M$MP4v2 has completly stopped.
          Divx5 is MPeg-4 compliant which divx3.11 or M$MP4v2 is not.

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

its great to see divx advancing. Hopefully the technology will get better, and bugs will be ironed out in subsequent releases.

Comment

• Stormblade
              Video Editing Newbie
              • Jan 2002

Cool. So there is no frame delays or any audio sync problems using Virtual Dub 1.4.10 and DivX 5.0.2? I haven't tested it out yet but I will. I just don't wanna get burned again.

I know Virtual Dub 1.4.10 contained a fix for the frame delay problem that occured when using an older version of Virtual Dub and DivX 5.0.1 and now that 5.0.2 fixed the B-frame problem I just hoped that Virtual Dub's fix didn't mean that now they have to un-fix things
              My Awesome Computer System called Midnight
              The worth of your opinion is in direct proportion to the number of people who have asked for it.

Comment

• techno
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Nov 2001

My opinion:

3.11alpha is still the best if u want quality and quantity.

I do test new versions of DIVX but they are not right for me, I mean, no where near as good as DIVX 3.11alpha

Yes, in the future DIVX will be much better but as long as we give our feedback, we will guide the makers to improve the quality and so they know what we want

Techno

Comment

• Erci
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  • Nov 2001

My opinion is that DivX 3.11 is the best when you are able to use it with Nandub. Depending on what you do you can't always use nandub and in this case it's not as good. If you can't use it with nandub, use DivX 5x instead.

//Erci
                  DVD Backup Guide

Comment

Working...