Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobapjok
    • Jan 2007

new audio sync problem

I have been converting movies to VCDs for years using vdub to save the wav file and then using tmpgenc to make the movie. If i do not use the source range feature to split the movie, my audio is fine. i then use a file splitting program to split the mpg into sizes i can put on a cd. Lately, however when i use the source range the 1st file produced is fine, but the 2nd file is out of sync. Anyone else have this happen or have any ideas. I dont really like my splitter so i prefer to use the source range feature.

Thanks.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by bobapjok
    I have been converting movies to VCDs for years using vdub to save the wav file and then using tmpgenc to make the movie. If i do not use the source range feature to split the movie, my audio is fine. i then use a file splitting program to split the mpg into sizes i can put on a cd. Lately, however when i use the source range the 1st file produced is fine, but the 2nd file is out of sync. Anyone else have this happen or have any ideas. I dont really like my splitter so i prefer to use the source range feature.

Thanks.
    welcome
    yes this happens sometimes. usually can be corrected by splitting on a different frame. better a key frame (like the first frame of a scene change). i used to do this but i had similar problems. sometimes the video would come out jerky. best to encode the file as one, use TMPGEnc's own cut/merge tool for the split - always problem free.

thread moved to TMPGEnc forum.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• bobapjok
      • Jan 2007

Thank you. i actually didnt know there was merge/split feature on tmpgenc. How is that possible, i dont know, but thanks. that seems the way to go.

Comment

Working...