Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FernE97
    • May 2002

AVI and MP3

Ok, I have an avi file for the video and an mp3 file for the sound, what do I do now? I noticed that the sound file I have and the video file are not in sync, will this be fixed when they are mixed together?
  • reginald_100
    • May 2002

Hi Buddy,

Fisrt of all convert your original Mp3 file to wav file using any software,
    Then open TMPeg software, input video source as the Avi file and the audio file as your wav file, select the output mpg file.

Thats it,

Hav FUN

Hav FUN

Comment

• hacker_on_fire
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Mar 2002

umm if u want 2 mux a DivX file not a mpg file with a mp3 then use then open the video and select the direct strem copy option. Then open the audio and select the direct stream copy option. Finally select save avi. There u go.

let me know how it goes
      MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

How 2 post questions correctly
      Look here before posting questions

Comment

• FernE97
        • May 2002

Originally posted by hacker_on_fire
        umm if u want 2 mux a DivX file not a mpg file with a mp3 then use then open the video and select the direct strem copy option. Then open the audio and select the direct stream copy option. Finally select save avi. There u go.

let me know how it goes
        Alright but what program are you talking about?

Comment

• FernE97
          • May 2002

Originally posted by reginald_100
          Hi Buddy,

Fisrt of all convert your original Mp3 file to wav file using any software,
          Then open TMPeg software, input video source as the Avi file and the audio file as your wav file, select the output mpg file.

Thats it,

Hav FUN

Ok, I got this program and was about to mix the audio and the video but it wont let me change the bitrate of the audio which makes the movie file come out too big. The bitrate is set at 224 and I can't change it. Any suggestions?

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

FernE97, what video format are you trying to get (AVI or MPG)?

If you are trying to get an .mpg file (VCD presumably), then you can follow reginald_100's advice on the use of TMPGEnc. Be aware that the program will not accept VBR MP3 soundtrack though.

If you are trying to get an .avi file (DivX presumably), then you can follow hacker_on_fire's advice. The program you are supposed to use, by the way, is Virtualdub or nandub (a modified version of virtualdub and one that natively accepts MP3 sound and hence my recommendations).

From your first post, it seems to me that you are trying to get a DivX file and hence the second method is what you are to use (being the easiest and fastest one as well. No further encoding). Post back here if you need further advice.

Comment

Working...