Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WooK
    • Jun 2004

missing minutes when makin divx data discs

when i chuck a bunch of avi's into nero to make a data disc to be used on a divx player, after 8 hours or so, most of the resulting avi's are a fraction of their normal length. only 1 or 2 avis are full length. whats the deal with this?
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

stick the data disk back in the computer and check, sounds more like a problem with your standalone player

Comment

• WooK
      • Jun 2004

i play it on the comp and its like that, and when i place the files into nero it shows the minutes for each clip as i add it. says 1 minute for most. This is before they are encoded.

Comment

• WooK
        • Jun 2004

oops. they arent data discs i'm makin....they are dvd's i'm makin. sorry. yeh data discs are fine. its when i try makin dvd's out of a bunch of avi's this happens

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

have you installed some funny codecs?

dvd flick has it's own, nero seems to use whatever it finds, quirky to say the least

Comment

• WooK
            • Jun 2004

i'll give dvd flick a try

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

keeping vision 3 working right is a pain, ffdshow seems to break with any changes(at least the part that helped vision)

Comment

• WooK
                • Jun 2004

dvd flick is good but still a few vids werent playing full length so I tried using a program i seldom use called Videoredo. I put the vid into the program and just resaved it without doing anything to the clip. I put the resulting clip into dvd flick and now it plays fully. Problem solved

Comment

Working...