• Show
Clear All
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Problem Playing Back DVD Converted to AVI

Hi folks,

I have a "Test Clip" of one of my Flamenco Music Video ... about 120MB and this Clip has "Soft" subtitles.

Anyway, I tried converting this DVD Compliant clip (or at least I think so) ... to AVI using various Freeware program and even Free Trial one. When I played the converted AVI clips on my desktop, it palys A-OK (as all of us know that would be the case) ... however, when I tried to play the AVI's from my Hard Drive via the USB on my Philips 5960 they are all "JITTERY" ...

Now I have played back AVI's on this Philips many, many times and it does it A-OK ...

I used AutoGK, MediaCoder, Magic, ... all latest versions and they all goofed ... Video & Audio sound OK ... but the playback is jittery and slow motioned ... and I don't believe that my problem is that may be my AVI have "Packed BitStream"!!!

Q1: What can I use "Freeware" to give me a non-jittery, good AVI?

Q2: Is there a Freeware out there that can take the "Soft" Subtitles and add it to the AVI?

Thanks,
    G!
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Please give file information of both the original clip and the final avi(use Mediainfo).
    Is there a Freeware out there that can take the "Soft" Subtitles and add it to the AVI?
    You mean you want to 'hard' sub the avi ? Can be done easily with VirtualdubMPEG2+VSFilter/Vobsub/Textsub filter plugin OR AVIDemux.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• gonwk
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Hi Paglamon,

Thanks for your Reply as usual. I am going to try your VDubMod suggestion ... and also try it again with AutoGK and get the info for you using "MediaInfo".

Thanks again,
      G!

Comment

• gonwk
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

Hi Lucy the Cat,

Thanks for the Software Tip ... however, I am a "Freeware" person ...

G!

Comment

Working...