Can anyone tell me what this problem is?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moviebuff72
    • Aug 2007

Can anyone tell me what this problem is?

I have been burning movies for a while and have had little to no problem but today when I went to burn 2 of the movies didnt work. A error came up and read "Exception encountered in read thread [access violation at address 049AF6ED in module 'vso_hwe.dll. read of address 00000018] I have burned these same two movies numerous times and that did not come up. I wonder what is the reason now this is coming up. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Could it be where the file is stored?
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

You say you are burning. What programs are you using to convert and burn?

Regards
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• moviebuff72
      • Aug 2007

Hi, I am using Converttodvd to convert and burn. What I just found out is when I try to burn from my regular c drive it works fine but when i try and burn from my external F drive it comes up with that error. The bweird part is it worked from the f drive before!
      Last edited by moviebuff72; 14 Aug 2007, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• blutach
        • Oct 2004

Prob trying to burn too fast from the USB port. Slow it down. Is it USB2? If so 4x max. If USB 1, then 1x max.

Regards
        Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
        [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Comment

• moviebuff72
          • Aug 2007

Yeah you could be right, I am trying to burn at 16x it works fine when I am burning on my reg c drive but not from the f drive external.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

8X dvd burning is pushing usb2 to it's practical limit

Comment

• moviebuff72
              • Aug 2007

So..............Do you think the best thing to do is move file from f drive to c drive everytime I want to burn a movie? That way I can burn on 16x and have no problem?

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

"buffering" a large set of files is better from the system drive, but unless you are burning
                multiple copies of them it's not going to be any faster

I would stick with 8X since it should only take 8-9 minutes and is a safe burn speed, very few people get good burns at 16X

Comment

• moviebuff72
                  • Aug 2007

Also yesterday I got a email from my cable company about copyright infringement laws. How did they get this and what do you think i should do about it? The letter reads like this:

Dear Internet Access Subscriber:

Charter Communications ("Charter") has been notified by a copyright owner that your Internet account has been involved in the exchange of unauthorized copies of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) notice that Charter received from the copyright holder of copyrighted material (music, movies, or software). We are enclosing a copy of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) notice that Charter received from the copyright holder.

It is possible that this activity has occurred without your permission or knowledge by an unauthorized user, a minor who may not fully understand the copyright laws, or even as a result of a computer virus. However, as a Charter Internet account owner, you can be held liable for this activity.

As a personal computer owner and a user of the Internet, we ask that you be aware of the following: Violations of federal Copyright law can result in civil and/or criminal liability, including payment of monetary damages, costs and attorneys' fees to the copyright owner. See 17 U.S.C. §§ 504-506. In addition, Charter's Acceptable Use Policy explicitly prohibits copyright infringement by Charter High-Speed Internet users. Specifically, Section 3 states:

NO COPYRIGHT OR TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT
                  Customer will not use, or allow others to use, the Service to send or receive, or otherwise use any information which infringes the patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets or proprietary rights of any other person or entity. This includes, but is not limited to, digitization of music, movies, photographs or other copyrighted materials or software. Customer must obtain appropriate authorization from such other person or entity prior to sending, receiving or using such materials. Customer represents and warrants that Customer is the author and copyright owner and/or authorized licensee with respect to any hosted content and Customer further represents and warrants that no hosted content violates the trademark, copyright, domain name or intellectual property rights of any third party. Charter assumes no responsibility, and Customer assumes all risks regarding the determination of whether material is in the public domain, or may otherwise be used for such purposes.

Charter is registered under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA). Under the DMCA, copyright owners have the right to notify Charter if they believe that a Charter customer has infringed the copyright owner’s work(s). If Charter receives a notice from a copyright owner alleging any Customer has committed copyright infringement, Charter will notify the Customer of the alleged infringement. Charter may determine that Customer is a repeat copyright infringer if Charter learns that Customer has engaged in online copyright infringement on more than one occasion. Charter reserves the right to suspend or terminate the accounts of repeat copyright infringers.

We ask that you take immediate action to remove the infringing material from your computer and stop its exchange. If Charter continues to receive DMCA notices regarding your account, or if you violate any other clause of Charter's Acceptable Use Policy, we will have no choice but to terminate your account. You may view Charter's rules and policies at http://www.charter.com/site/policies.aspx.

If you need assistance in removing the referenced infringing material, please refer to the Security Center at http://www.charter.com.

If you have any questions about this matter, please contact us at 1-866-229-7286. Representatives will be available to take your call Monday through Friday 8am - 8pm, and Saturday and Sunday 8am - 5pm (CST).

Sincerely,

Charter High-Speed Internet Security Team
                  http://security.charter.com

===================

Return-Path: <Copyright@MediaSentry.com>
                  Received: from aarpub05.charter.net ([10.20.200.168]) by mtai03.charter.net
                  (InterMail vM.7.08.02.00 201-2186-121-20061213) with ESMTP
                  id <20070810161949.XZWB23118.mtai03.charter.net@aarpu b05.charter.net>
                  for <DMCA@charter.net>; Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:19:49 -0400
                  Received: from relay01.mediasentry.com ([199.218.8.202])
                  by aarpub05.charter.net with SMTP
                  id <20070810161949.HRQZ29651.aarpub05.charter.net@rel ay01.mediasentry.com>
                  for <DMCA@charter.net>; Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:19:49 -0400
                  Received: (qmail 69092 invoked by uid 1001); 10 Aug 2007 16:19:44 -0000
                  Received: from unknown (HELO BERN16) (66.246.100.185)
                  by relay01.mediasentry.com with SMTP; 10 Aug 2007 16:19:44 -0000
                  To: DMCA Agent <DMCA@charter.net>
                  From: MediaSentryCopyrightEnforcement <Copyright@MediaSentry.com>
                  Subject: Case ID 333549209 - Notice of Claimed Infringement
                  MIME-Version: 1.0
                  Content-Type: multipart/mixed; Boundary="--PTCP_0000042b0507ee07d7"
                  Message-ID: <0000042c0507ef07d7@[66.246.100.185]>
                  Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:26:15 -0500
                  X-Chzlrs: 0

Friday, August 10, 2007

Charter Communications, Inc.
                  12405 Powerscourt Drive
                  St. Louis, MO 63131 US

RE: Unauthorized Distribution of the Copyrighted Motion Picture Entitled
                  Fracture

Dear DMCA Agent:

We are writing this letter on behalf of New Line Cinema, a division of Time Warner Entertainment Company, L.P. ("New Line").

As you may know, New Line is the holder of rights under copyright, including exclusive distribution rights, in and to the motion picture(s) listed above.

No one is authorized to perform, exhibit, reproduce, transmit, or otherwise distribute the above-mentioned work(s) without the express written permission of
                  New Line, which permission New Line has not granted to 68.116.170.90.

We have received information that an individual has utilized the above-referenced IP address at the noted date and time to offer downloads of the
                  above-mentioned work through a "peer-to-peer" service.

The attached documentation specifies the location on your network where the infringement occurred, the number of repeat violations recorded at this specific
                  location, as well as any available identifying information.

The distribution of unauthorized copies of copyrighted motion pictures constitutes copyright infringement under the Copyright Act, Title 17 United States
                  Code Section 106(3). This conduct may also violate the laws of other countries, international law, and/or treaty obligations.

Since you own this IP address, we request that you immediately do the following:

1) Disable access to the individual who has engaged in the conduct described above; and
                  2) Terminate any and all accounts that this individual has through you.

On behalf of New Line, owner of the exclusive rights to the copyrighted material at issue in this notice, we hereby state, pursuant to the Digital
                  Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17 United States Code Section 512, that we have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is
                  not authorized by New Line, its respective agents, or the law.

Also pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we hereby state that we believe the information in this notification is accurate, and, under penalty
                  of perjury, that MediaSentry is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive rights being infringed as set forth in this notification.

Please contact us at the above listed address or by replying to this email should you have any questions.

We appreciate your assistance and thank you for your cooperation in this matter. In your future correspondence with us, please refer to Case ID 333549209.

Your prompt response is requested.

Respectfully,

Mark Weaver
                  Enforcement Coordinator
                  SafeNet, Inc.

------------------------------
                  Infringement Detail:

Tracker IP: 208.71.112.202
                  Tracker Port: 2710
                  Tracker URL: http://tracker.torrentbox.com:2710/announce.?info_hash=%E8%90%BCvg%22%A3%F4%0FYf%15%9 9%22%84%7D%B24%90%CC&peer_id=M4-0-1--007967320321&port=7882&uploaded=147009644&download ed=0&left=735048219&event=started&numwant=100&comp act=1

Infringing Work: Fracture
                  Filepath: Fracture[2007]DvDrip[Eng]-aXXo -^mininova.org^-.torrent
                  Filename: Fracture[2007]DvDrip[Eng]-aXXo.avi
                  First Found: 5 Aug 2007 15:15:28 EDT (GMT -0400)
                  Last Found: 5 Aug 2007 15:15:28 EDT (GMT -0400)
                  Filesize: 717,812k
                  IP Address: 68.116.170.90
                  IP Port: 34955
                  Network: BTPeers
                  Protocol: BitTorrent

----PTCP_0000042b0507ee07d7
                  Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
                  Content-Transfer-Encoding: Quoted-Printable

=EF=BB=BFFriday, August 10, 2007

Charter Communications, Inc.
                  12405 Powerscourt Drive
                  St. Louis, MO 63131 US

RE: Unauthorized Distribution of the Copyrighted Motion Picture Entitled
                  Fracture

Dear DMCA Agent:

We are writing this letter on behalf of New Line Cinema, a division of Time=
                  Warner Entertainment Company, L.P. ("New Line").

As you may know, New Line is the holder of rights under copyright, includin=
                  g exclusive distribution rights, in and to the motion picture(s) listed abo=
                  ve.

No one is authorized to perform, exhibit, reproduce, transmit, or otherwise=
                  distribute the above-mentioned work(s) without the express written permiss=
                  ion of=20
                  New Line, which permission New Line has not granted to 68.116.170.90.

We have received information that an individual has utilized the above-refe=
                  renced IP address at the noted date and time to offer downloads of the=20
                  above-mentioned work through a "peer-to-peer" service.

The attached documentation specifies the location on your network where the=
                  infringement occurred, the number of repeat violations recorded at this=20=
                  specific=20
                  location, as well as any available identifying information.

The distribution of unauthorized copies of copyrighted motion pictures cons=
                  titutes copyright infringement under the Copyright Act, Title 17 United Sta=
                  tes=20
                  Code Section 106(3). This conduct may also violate the laws of other count=
                  ries, international law, and/or treaty obligations.

Since you own this IP address, we request that you immediately do the follo=
                  wing:

1) Disable access to the individual who has engaged in the conduct describe=
                  d above; and
                  2) Terminate any and all accounts that this individual has through you.

On behalf of New Line, owner of the exclusive rights to the copyrighted mat=
                  erial at issue in this notice, we hereby state, pursuant to the Digital=20
                  Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17 United States Code Section 512, that we=20=
                  have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained=20=
                  of is=20
                  not authorized by New Line, its respective agents, or the law.

Also pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we hereby state that=
                  we believe the information in this notification is accurate, and, under=20=
                  penalty=20
                  of perjury, that MediaSentry is authorized to act on behalf of the owner=20=
                  of the exclusive rights being infringed as set forth in this notification.

Please contact us at the above listed address or by replying to this email=20=
                  should you have any questions.

We appreciate your assistance and thank you for your cooperation in this=20=
                  matter. In your future correspondence with us, please refer to Case ID 333=

Your prompt response is requested.

Respectfully,

Mark Weaver
                  Enforcement Coordinator
                  SafeNet, Inc.

------------------------------
                  Infringement Detail:

Tracker IP: 208.71.112.202
                  Tracker Port: 2710
                  Tracker URL: http://tracker.torrentbox.com:2710/announce.?info_hash=3D%E8%9=
                  0%BCvg%22%A3%F4%0FYf%15%99%22%84%7D%B24%90%CC&peer _id=3DM4-0-1--00796732032=
                  1&port=3D7882&uploaded=3D147009644&downloaded=3D0& left=3D735048219&event=3D=
                  started&numwant=3D100&compact=3D1

Infringing Work: Fracture
                  Filepath: Fracture[2007]DvDrip[Eng]-aXXo -^mininova.org^-.torrent
                  Filename: Fracture[2007]DvDrip[Eng]-aXXo.avi
                  First Found: 5 Aug 2007 15:15:28 EDT (GMT -0400)
                  Last Found: 5 Aug 2007 15:15:28 EDT (GMT -0400)
                  Filesize: 717,812k
                  IP Address: 68.116.170.90
                  IP Port: 34955
                  Network: BTPeers
                  Protocol: BitTorrent

----PTCP_0000042b0507ee07d7
                  Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
                  Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="signature.cer"
                  Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="signature.cer"

LS0tLSNero Serial Removed0tDQpNSUlFUGpDQ0E2ZWdBd0lCQWdJUUswbHRodFlL
                  c01nZytidXMxSTVIT3pBTkJna3Foa2lHOXcwQkFRVUZBRENCDQ p6REVYTUJVR0ExVUVDaE1PVm1W
                  eWFWTnBaMjRzSUVsdVl5NHhIekFkQmdOVkJBc1RGbFpsY21sVG FXZHVJRlJ5DQpkWE4wSUU1bGRI
                  ZHZjbXN4UmpCRUJnTlZCQXNUUFhkM2R5NTJaWEpwYzJsbmJpNW piMjB2Y21Wd2IzTnBkRzl5DQpl
                  UzlTVUVFZ1NXNWpiM0p3TGlCQ2VTQlNaV1l1TEV4SlFVSXVURl JFS0dNcE9UZ3hTREJHQmdOVkJB
                  TVRQMVpsDQpjbWxUYVdkdUlFTnNZWE56SURFZ1EwRWdTVzVrYV hacFpIVmhiQ0JUZFdKelkzSnBZ
                  bVZ5TFZCbGNuTnZibUVnDQpUbTkwSUZaaGJHbGtZWFJsWkRBZU Z3MHdOakE0TVRZd01EQXdNREJh
                  Rncwd056QTRNVGt5TXpVNU5UbGFNSUlCDQpIakVYTUJVR0ExVU VDaE1PVm1WeWFWTnBaMjRzSUVs
                  dVl5NHhIekFkQmdOVkJBc1RGbFpsY21sVGFXZHVJRlJ5DQpkWE 4wSUU1bGRIZHZjbXN4UmpCRUJn
                  TlZCQXNUUFhkM2R5NTJaWEpwYzJsbmJpNWpiMjB2Y21Wd2IzTn BkRzl5DQplUzlTVUVFZ1NXNWpi
                  M0p3TGlCaWVTQlNaV1l1TEV4SlFVSXVURlJFS0dNcE9UZ3hIak FjQmdOVkJBc1RGVkJsDQpjbk52
                  Ym1FZ1RtOTBJRlpoYkdsa1lYUmxaREUwTURJR0ExVUVDeE1yUk dsbmFYUmhiQ0JKUkNCRGJHRnpj
                  eUF4DQpJQzBnVFdsamNtOXpiMlowSUVaMWJHd2dVMlZ5ZG1sal pURWFNQmdHQTFVRUF4UVJUV1Zr
                  YVdGVFpXNTBjbmtzDQpJRWx1WXk0eEtEQWNero Serial RemovedNIbHlhV2RvZEVC
                  dFpXUnBZWE5sYm5SeWVTNWpiMjB3DQpnWjh3RFFZSktvWklodm NOQVFFQkJRQURnWTBBTUlHSkFv
                  R0JBS3VFV2FkaGhtLzBvWUVzRng5TnppcWtrWVZ2DQpPZ0tTM1 hrR3plYU5vMytVckpIOE95Y2Nu
                  N0lxb0pxTnMyclcNero Serial RemovedvVDdCcNero Serial RemovedlZS
                  WUh1Si9NeTh5UldQSVdidHRrdFNRYNero Serial RemovedlBvU0JDDQpBR01vdFNK
                  WkFhOE5SeUJKQWdNQkFBR2pnY3N3Z2Nnd0NRWURWUjBUQkFJd0 FEQkVCZ05WSFNBRVBUQTdNRGtH
                  DQpDMkNHU0FHRytFVUJCeGNETUNvd0tBWUlLd1lCQlFVSEFnRV dIR2gwZEhCek9pOHZkM2QzTG5a
                  bGNtbHphV2R1DQpMbU52YlM5eWNHRXdDd1lEVlIwUEJBUURBZ1 dnTUIwR0ExVWRKUVFXTUJRR0ND
                  c0dBUVVGQndNRUJnZ3JCZ0VGDQpCUWNEQWpBVUJncGdoa2dCaH ZoRkFRWUhCQVlXQkU1dmJtVXdN
                  d1lEVlIwZkJDd3dLakFvb0NhZ0pJWWlhSFIwDQpjRG92TDJOeW JDNTJaWEpwYzJsbmJpNWpiMjB2
                  WTJNero Serial Removedoa2lHOXcwQkFRVUZBQUNero Serial Removeddp
                  RE9yR0NSRFhFenR6V1NsNHdRUnNpWHlkZWZJM3FkdTdUSXBnRT NWYVV6R3pjDQpFVjR1aTE2Zktz
                  NmZCZU5Lbm5kVEdJcjZ3NG9NTHlWUVJKald6MmpRSDA1S0hHY2 RpVFM3b2JLVlRmYlVzZ2hEDQpi
                  REpMVG9Wb3ladG9aWFBUMzZBRVc1Sk1MbTUyMnNuT1hsbSt0b2 lRdUtKRWRRPT0NCi0tLS0tRU5E
                  IENFUlRJRklDQVRFLS0tLS0NCg==
                  ----PTCP_0000042b0507ee07d7--

Comment

• uufta
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Dec 2005

moviebuff72..I think that email means you are in really deep Doo-Doo

Comment

• blutach
                      • Oct 2004

Yes - stop exchanging movies and/or music via torrent sites.

On this basis, I think this thread should be closed. You really need to carefully read rule 6.

Regards
                      Les

Comment

Working...