X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chetvaldes
    • Nov 2008

Testing DVD without playing whole movie

Hello,
    I was wondering if there is an easier yet thorough way to check a DVD after authoring. I have found a few that had skips or jumps in places, but I had to sit through the whole hour and a half movie to find it. By the way, the problem discs occurred when using Nero Express- I have since been using ImgBurn with good results.
    Is there some program that can check the movie integrity to save some time?
    Thanks
    Chet
  • PurpleDemon
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2006

Hi Chet,

First make sure that you are following THE GOLDEN RULES OF BURNING

Not following the advice given will result in bad burns.

Second Get CD/DVD Speed HERE

Ypu want to look for burns with PIF's under 5000. The lower the better.
    Also a quality score of 90 or greater. The higher the better. A little hint, use of great media and following the Golden Rules will give you great numbers.

Good Luck

Comment

• cynthia
      Super Moderatress
      • Jan 2004

My own experience is that when you have skips/jumps it's in 99,9% of the cases due to a crappy burning result that can be found by doing a disc scan with either Nero DiscSpeed or DVDInfoPro.

Comment

• chetvaldes
        • Nov 2008

Thank You

Hey, thanks for the input! I should immediately upgrade my disc choice since I have been using the cheapest discs I can find. And the tests described should reveal what went wrong.

Comment

• PurpleDemon
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Mar 2006

If you are going to buy locally Verbatim and Sony are a pretty good bet and they go on sale at incredible savings at least once a month at Officemax, Staples, Bestbuy and even K-mart.

If you want to go for the cream of the crop you can get Taiyo Yuden's at Super Media Store if you are in the USA.

Good Luck to you.

Comment

Working...