Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKiNFreak
    • Jun 2002

AC3 Encoding

What is the best AC3 codec, and do I need to do anything in particluar to Nanbud to use it. I have 2 AC3 streams from DVD2AVI for a movie and get no sound when I mux them together. Can I install a codec and jsut mux them successfuly or does the codec need to be installed before I rip with dvd2avi?

Skinfreak
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

I believe the codec is needed only when you are attempting to play it on your system (ie. Listen to it). As long as nandub is only Direct Streaming the AC3 sound stream, it does not need the AC3 codec.

Comment

• SKiNFreak
      • Jun 2002

OK! Where does me get one then?

I tried the the Nimo codec pack but I just get a 0kb file at the end. Any other good ones...URLs please!

Thanks,

Skinfreak

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

You were probably downloading it wrongly. Try downloading the file again, and preferably from a different source. Try here or UncasMS's site. Having a software DVD player, like PowerDVD or WinDVD, will do as well.

Comment

• SKiNFreak
          • Jun 2002

Now I get choppy sound in Windows Media Player 7 and no sound in DivXplayer. It seems that I can encode Dolby 2.0 (a directors commentary) but not the Dolby Digital...?

Skinfreak

Comment

Working...