X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiril
    • Aug 2010

How to cut xvid avi by a non-key frame?

Good afternoon.

I've got a file avi hdtv xvid-kyr. I need to cut it by a non-key frame.

I've searched for information in internet, and instead of an answer found only contraversies and discussions.

I'm willing also not to get extra size. The source file is 700Mb and lasts 70 minutes, for example. Hence I need 1 minute to be in average 10 Mb. 15-20 Mb is not a satisfying case. I tried to process the recompression in such programs as AviSpliter and AviDemux, with the codec Xvid 1.2.2. The quality of the result fragment was worse than the one of the source video. I varied values Target Quantizer, Target Bitrate in Avi Splitter, and Average Bitrate in AviDemux.

Tell me, please, how to resolve the situation? How to solve the problem of non-key frame cutting?

Thanxx.
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

If you tried AviDemux 2.5 I would give version 2.4 a go. I believe the xvid in 2.4 has much better motion detection(my about box says version 2.4.4 .. I think that was the last good version I tried... one of the Win32 gtk+ builds) With 2.4 I could get good results even in 1 pass. With 2.5 one pass mode the output looks like someone shot the movie through gauze with a checkerboard pattern.
    Last edited by MilesAhead; 3 Aug 2010, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

The one way to cut at non keyframe will be by importing the video in VD or AVIDemux through AVISynth. But it will also mean that you will have to save it as uncompressed.Then take this uncompressed video and recompress it to your desired target size.Since video is being reencoded, there is bound to be some degradation in quality.
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• kiver
        • Oct 2010

interesting info, thanks!

Comment

Working...