Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crgray
    • Oct 2010

changing the frame rate in an existing mp4 file

I have seventeen 1 GB files in mp4 format from an 8mm video conversion. Trouble is the equipment set the frame rate to 23.976 and the correct 8mm fps was 16.

Is there a tool that can be used that will just change the frame rate in an existing MP4 file? I tried MP4BOX, no luck

I want to edit the mp4 files directly with Pinnacle Studio 14

I have found one method; convert to uncompressed AVI (a huge unwieldy file), use VirtualDub and set the source frame rate to 16 and just recompress to mp4. This recompresses the video just to change the frame rate so I can go back to Pinnacle Studio.

Suggestions? If I knew where the frame rate was stored in the file, I could write code to overwrite it.
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

Have you tried an AviSynth wrapper as input to Pinnacle Studio? There are AviSynth filters that will allow you to adjust the frame rate. I'm no AviSynth expert. I'm told that AviSynth feeds uncompressed video to whatever program is reading through it. But since it's all "on the fly" you don't have TB sized files hanging around on disk.

That would be my first inclination. You could start with this page:

Main Page,Advanced Scripting Tips,Advanced topics,Arrays,Aspect ratios,AviSynth FAQ,AviSynth Syntax,AviSynth v3,Avisynth Plugin Development in C,Block statements,Changelist

also I found an FPS filter but it seems a bit old:

Many converters will read .avs scripts so if PS doesn't accommodate it, you may be able to use another converter to get things back to a "normal" .mp4 before inputting it to PS.

Comment

Working...