X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

When you start MeGUI first time, it usually asks for update the tools. If it doesn't do so, just go to Tools > Update or Ctrl+U. Please follow the guide posted by anonymez carefully. Good luck

Regards

Comment

• loopyloops
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by benbryant
      When you start MeGUI first time, it usually asks for update the tools. If it doesn't do so, just go to Tools > Update or Ctrl+U. Please follow the guide posted by anonymez carefully. Good luck

Regards
      Trying to follow step by step - but don't see anything about which profile to import. Don't know if this matters, but I have a 30GB 5th gen video ipod.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

but don't see anything about which profile to import
        PD-iPod
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• loopyloops
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by anonymez
          PD-iPod

Thanks!! Then another profile import box pops up with all these xvid choices - do I hit cancel?

And lastly, every time I restart the program as it says to do, I get this error with an update:

Last edited by loopyloops; 28 Sep 2006, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

all these xvid choices - do I hit cancel?
            you'll be using x264, so feel free to

every time I restart the program as it says to do, I get this error with an update
            it's nero's aac encoder, afaik it's not available via auto update due to legal reasons. get it here http://www.nero.com/nerodigital/eng/...tal_Audio.html and extract exe files into megui folder

personally i prefer to update everything manually

Comment

• loopyloops
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              • Nov 2005

it's nero's aac encoder, afaik it's not available via auto update due to legal reasons. get it here http://www.nero.com/nerodigital/eng/...tal_Audio.html and extract exe files into megui folder

Thanks soooo much for all your help!!!!!

Comment

• loopyloops
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Nov 2005

Ok, I really think this is the last question. I extracted the nero files into the megui folder but that update and error still come up - do I just ignore that or is something wrong? The update - even though I've updated - seems to come up every time I open the program due to the fact that it thinks I don't have the nero file - which, again, I extracted to the megui folder.

Ok, now hopefully the last question - when Demuxing the audio and creating the d2v index, do I put a check in the "and close" box b4 hitting queue? Seems the only way to get back to the main screen - even though it doesn't say so in the directions - am I thick or what (no need to answer)?
                Last edited by loopyloops; 28 Sep 2006, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• anonymez
                  Super Moderator
                  • Mar 2004

do I just ignore that or is something wrong?
                  ignore it

when Demuxing the audio and creating the d2v index, do I put a check in the "and close" box b4 hitting queue
                  currently don't have access to my PC, not sure which box you're talking about

Comment

• loopyloops
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    • Nov 2005

Well - almost there. Got this error when I hit "enqueue":

How and where do I fix? I'm going to leave it where it is - got so far! And while I'm here - there seem to be 3 files related to audio - which is the correct input one - ones a wave and the other two end in "delay 0ms".
                    Last edited by loopyloops; 28 Sep 2006, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• benbryant
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Aug 2005

You want to encode x264 for iPod, don't you? How come you don't load your .avs file as the Video Input. From the screenshot, you loaded only audio file without video file at all

Regards

Comment

• loopyloops
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by benbryant
                        You want to encode x264 for iPod, don't you? How come you don't load your .avs file as the Video Input. From the screenshot, you loaded only audio file without video file at all

Regards
                        I think I'm following the directions - it's the audio part that you're seeing:

When it says "On the first page of MeGUI click the [...] button next to audio input. Browse for your input file and open it." - does it not mean the audio file I'd just made?

In the first step, I loaded the .vob.

I swear I followed the steps exactly - but somewhere along the line, I must have made a mistake but can't figure out what. I'm deleting everyting except the .vob file until I know what to do.

There's no place for video input on that screen - god this is confusing. I wish the directions told you exactly what to do - there seem to be choices at each turn. After making the ,vob with DVD Decrypter, I'm pretty much stuck, Even when I make the .d2v file - the program won't allow you to load that - just the wave of the other two, and then I get that error. .avs?

Re:the instructions to - "On the first page of MeGUI click the [...] button next to audio input. Browse for your input file and open it." - since the audio thing comes up with 3 different files, are there directions out there that don't make you gues as to which one - directions for dummies?

Even - "Choose the location to save the d2v file to" is a problem - it seems to choose and there seems to be no way around it. It's alredy there in the output line at the bottom - What do they mean - choose?

Oh, and there's the "and close box I was talking about". No mention is made of what to do with that, but unless you check it, you can't get back to the main screen.

One last question - if I am able to get this together, would the output quality be better than PQ DVD? I don't like the output quality of CloneDVD Mobile as it makes dark areas of a film look blotchy,
                        Last edited by loopyloops; 29 Sep 2006, 05:43 AM.

Comment

• loopyloops
                          Digital Video Enthusiast
                          Digital Video Enthusiast
                          • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by loopyloops
                          I think I'm following the directions - it's the audio part that you're seeing:

When it says "On the first page of MeGUI click the [...] button next to audio input. Browse for your input file and open it." - does it not mean the audio file I'd just made?

In the first step, I loaded the .vob.

I swear I followed the steps exactly - but somewhere along the line, I must have made a mistake but can't figure out what. I'm deleting everyting except the .vob file until I know what to do.

There's no place for video input on that screen - god this is confusing. I wish the directions told you exactly what to do - there seem to be choices at each turn. After making the ,vob with DVD Decrypter, I'm pretty much stuck, Even when I make the .d2v file - the program won't allow you to load that - just the wave of the other two, and then I get that error. .avs?

Re:the instructions to - "On the first page of MeGUI click the [...] button next to audio input. Browse for your input file and open it." - since the audio thing comes up with 3 different files, are there directions out there that don't make you gues as to which one - directions for dummies?

Even - "Choose the location to save the d2v file to" is a problem - it seems to choose and there seems to be no way around it. It's alredy there in the output line at the bottom - What do they mean - choose?

Oh, and there's the "and close box I was talking about". No mention is made of what to do with that, but unless you check it, you can't get back to the main screen.

One last question - if I am able to get this together, would the output quality be better than PQ DVD? I don't like the output quality of CloneDVD Mobile as it makes dark areas of a film look blotchy,
                          Sorry to "bump", but am I beyond help? Sorry about all the questions - but I'm following the directions to the letter and, well, the first thing I run into is the enqueue error. An .avs file was mentioned above but the tutorial does not mention this at all.
                          Last edited by loopyloops; 29 Sep 2006, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Working...