Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shock
    • Jan 2005

MOV to MPEG "no audio"

ok I googled this to death before posting here. I have seen a lot of people talk about this, But I have yet to find a solution. At first I was using quicktime 6.5 and had no audio with the MOV file. I updated to the newest. 7.0? Something like that anyways. And now I have audio when playing the MOV file. But when I try to convert it into a MPEG or anything else. I get no audio source. Is this MACs way of being different from everyone else again? Does anyone of you DIGI-GODS have a workaround? Columbo? Blutach?
  • celtic_druid
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Dec 2005

Two questions.

What audio format?
    What are you using to convert?

Comment

• Shock
      • Jan 2005

I have tryed converting it to MPEG1 MPEG2 Divx Xvid WMV. I have used TMPGEnc. Vdub. Showbiz. and a few others. I have no idea what audio format the MOV is. I know there is audio there because I can hear it. But everytime I try to encode it to a different format. I get no audio source. It was originally created with Quick time 7.0 I think. If I were to open it up in TMPGEnc.
      Like your going to encode it to "whatever format" I have a video string at the bottom. But no audio string. And it flips it up to video only. Quite irritating since I know there is some form of audio there "Because I can hear it" But every program I use think there is no audio source at all. just video. Its driving me nuts.

Comment

• celtic_druid
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Dec 2005

If you goto the file's properties in QT it should give details on the audio. You could try playing it in mplayer. If it plays then you can decode the audio using -ao pcm.

Comment

• Shock
          • Jan 2005

Ok it says Sorenson Squeeze for the "encoded by" It plays in wmp, But with no audio. It plays the video and audio in quicktime.

Comment

• celtic_druid
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Dec 2005

Should actually give the audio format, like aac, qdesign, etc.
            Did you try playing with mplayer?

Comment

• Shock
              • Jan 2005

It plays in mplayer same as wmp with no sound. mplayer dosent even have a volume control with it. The only filters in use with mplayer are nero quicktime video decoder. there is no info about audio like there would be if I were to open a normal mpg or avi. This only has audio when played with the quicktime player.

Comment

• celtic_druid
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Dec 2005

mplayer doesn't use filters, well it can load some dshow/VfW decoders but generally it uses its own decoders. Sounds like you are talking about something else. I am talking about http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html

Comment

Working...