• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • james222
    • Jul 2002

Subtitle selectable playback probs in WMP - help

my subtitle procedure - whats wrong?

Using vobsub thru GordianKnot

I open the ifo from the film (in this case a 79 minute file)

- vts_03_0.ifo (58kb)

indexing takes place after Ive selected 'english') - this procedure taking about 7 minutes

only 2 files are created in the directory that i created (as opposed to 3 mentioned in vobsub guide which i understand is now out of date)

vts_03_0 (5kb)
    vts_03_0 (264kb)

both are subtitle files

I rename (to the same as the avi) and place in the same directory

I open the avi in WMP with Morgan Switcher and Direct Vob sub running.

I can choose betwen the 2 audio tracks without any problems and also get the option of the subtitles to show or not to show ('english') - but subtitles are not showing as they 'should be or how i would like them to.

how so? well, it seems that, after a brief glance thru the film some characters can speak russian with english subtitles, some without the english subtitles.

what is the problem here?

have all the subtitle fiels been 'loaded? the 5kb, and 264kb files do seem very small. or have only the subtitle files for certain charactors been loaded? (although the amount of tiem it took vobsub to 'index' might seem to indiacte that all the necessary processing of the subtitle fiels had been completed.)

The ifo I loaded into vobsub is from the largest programme chain (i.e. the main film) (im referring here to the menu u get in smartripper -title>angle>programmechain etc.

although i have of course ripped all the other programme chains ( there are a total of 8 other programmechains on this film)
    each of the other programme chains contain 1 vob. file (varying between 14,000kb and 251, 000kb) and also contain at least one subtitle file (althoguh in most cases it is onyl one sub file) from 15 to 28kb in size.

The sub file in the main video chain is 400kb

any ideas , what am i doing wrong?

many thanks
Working...