X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • james222
    • Jul 2002

Divx/Tv-Out config questions

I have a Geforce 440mx gfx card with s-video/tv-out

I want to play avi's/watch TV(thru a Digital-PC TV card)play DVDs/Divx files thru a 21" Sony 'black cube' trinitron colour video monitor ( model PVM -213oqm). (ok if its not poss to play DIVx files - id liek it to do all the rest)

how do i go about this exactly?

Im beginning to think that it really isnt possible. (i.e. the sony monitor is just too old and cannot synch with the graphics card.

I only use this monitor for playing VHS and playing back video from a sony digital video camera.

Im not sure if any kind of watchable picture (from a computer) can be picked up by this monitor.

Once I picked up a very bad screen of my desktop - i.e coffe cup effect. That was i think before i had fully configured the graphics card (i.e changed graphic acceleration to full and changed resolution). I was told that i shouldnt have a problem with playing back DVDs though via my computer.

However Im now just not getting anything. Only a black screen. there does seem to be soem kind of signal getting thru though.

I am connecting it via my s-video/tv-out to either the Line In or the AVScart in ( the 'picture i previously received on it was thru the line in OR the AV.

why am i not getting a signal thru to it?

what do i need to do?

do i need to get a s-video/(tv-out) - to composite adapter?

and if I do, is this adapter a piece of hardware or will it be some sort of driver software download (soembody had suggested that i should have the option to change from s-video out to composite out in my advanced settings. ?

what other settign woudl i need to change?

would u recommend that i change my graphics card? (its nto a problem for me as friend needs one)

many thanks
Working...