X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tibble
    • May 2003

Cannot Connect to Camcorder anymore

Hi again, this is Tibble.
    Before I begin let me tell you my specs and what I have.

Im using a Sony TRV38 camcorder and It is Firewired to my Soundblaster Audigy Card(which has the FW port). I am Also Using Adobe Premeire 6.5 to do all of my capturing. And I Use TMPGEnc to encode my AVI's into DVD format.
    I did have to "HACK" my premeire so that I could Use MainConcepts Codec for better encoding. That involved removing the WINNT\SYSTEM32\qcap.dll file
    when the qcap.dll file is removed you can use main concepts codec (In premeire) to export but you CANNOT capture
    when the qcap.dll file is back in the WINNT\SYSTEM32\
    directory.. you can capture once again.

Ok .. here is my problem When I first used my cam with adobe premeire (it gave me an error message saying "cannot connect to DV device or device not present) I was able to solve this problem by goign into the DEVICE manager and I noticed that the ICON for Scanners and Imaging devices was NOT present.After many trials I had to eliminate the (already present Texas Instruments driver and use the windows drive to make the cam finally work)

Here it is... I was recently encoding a file in TMPGEnc. (yes i did have my cam hooked up to my computer at the time) when we had power surge(power out in the apt) and my puter was shut down. my file didnt encode but that wasnt my problem.

My problem is that after the surge I can NO longer get premeire to connect with my cam again
    I tried so manythings (enabling and disableing things in the Device manager) but no avail. Premeire DOES say that the cam IS ONLINE in the preferences, but I cant capture anythign because it says "cannot connect to DV device"

If ANYONE can help me with this, Id be most greatful. Its so frustrating because I DID have it workign before and now its not
    ;(
    please help

Tibble
Working...