X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Flemming
    • Jan 2002

I so need some playback help!

Hi Peeps,

I am so in need of some help or else this comp is gonna get it!
    My system:-
    AMD K-6 Processor (500hz)
    512 mb Ram
    10g Hard Drive
    Creative Riva TNT2 32mg Graphics card
    Windows 98 second addition

About 4 weeks ago msplayer 2 (which is the one I always use for ease) stopped playing AVI files, well not stopped, but played really slow and jumpy and sound travels way ahead of video (when it decides to play!).

I have downloaded several diff codecs including the up to date DIVx even saying no to playing all divx upon installing but nothing works. I have also installed loads of other players and it makes no difference at all. MPEG files seem to work ok but as soon as an AVI with some good pic quality enters the player it slows etc. (I have also tried wmp 7.1 but its just the same)

In msplayer 2 you can see what codecs are being used etc However, mine never has any actual codecs installed in this window only the filters above it.

Therefore you cannot try different settings.

This made me think that perhaps my codecs weren't installed properly and I saw on the MS site that if you go to the multimedia in control panel click devices and then video compression codecs if you are unable to click on the settings button of the codec they are not installed correctly.

So, i reinstall them but still nothing. Even the codecs that came with windows , the RLE video codec & Video 1 video codec doesn't let you click on the settings button so i guess they are not installed either.Sorry such a long message but I am in despare... can anyone help??
Working...