Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DinsdalePiranha
    • Feb 2002

WMV 8 to AVI -- Need help with VFAPI

I've spent a pretty good chunk of time now following bgpop's instructions for converting WMV to AVI. While I did figure out where to get "WAV Dest" for GraphEdit on my own, no amount of research seems to be revealing anything relevant about the VFAPI codec/software (which is so good that the author has nothing about it on it's "official site")

Anyway, I completed all the steps in the bgpop article up to and including the one where you save a "project" file with TMPGEnc in TPR format. Now I'm stuck trying to open this file in VFAPI. I might have a chance of troubleshooting this if the error wasn't so garbled that the only way I can really convey it is with a screen shot:

The first thing I found was that according to some post I dredged out of Google (which I can't find now) I was supposed to be using TMPGEnc 12a rather than the latest version I had been using. So I downloaded this earlier version and recreated the TPR file with it. No dice, same result.

So any idea what I should do next?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- Just to clarify, I *did* install the VFAPI codec (well, I assume I did -- the instructions are all in Japanese so I just ran the batch file that was included as it looks like it calls the INI).
    Last edited by DinsdalePiranha; 21 Feb 2002, 06:54 PM.
Working...