Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ogros
    • Aug 2004

Xvid.ax exploer/media player fix

Download the latest build from www.koepi.org or wherever remove any previous installs of xvid then close all unneccessary applications start the install eg(with Koepi's when it asks for language DO NOT PROCEED YET hit Ctrl+Alt+Del end task "explorer" then continue install WHEN FINISHED go back to task manager select "file" then "new task" type in "explorer" and you should be good to go.

the reason unistalling then reinstalling xvid doesn't work very well is explorer will hold the xvid.ax in cache and even if you uninstall and reboot explorer will continue to load the old xvid.ax although running the instalation when explorer is closed did update the "xvid.ax" to one which doe not conflict with media player 9.

Hopefully this works for you.

if not I do not pretend to be a guru it worked for me. I'm not looking to fix my not broken media player so don't ask me why yours still doesn't work although... I do accept praise.

Good luck

http://www.roeder.goe.net/cgi-bin/fe...1-05062004.exe (The build of Xvid I used)
    All good no more Microsoft touch =)
    0%
    Bill is a Naughty Naughty Man he conspired with xvid and so did Ogros there all wasting my time =(
    0%
Working...