Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tragon
    • Nov 2007

M2TS to Divx or Xvid or?

I recently purchased a Sony HDR-SR5 AVCHD 4MP 40GB DV camera. The program I am currently trying to use it Sony Vegas Pro 8.0.

Problem: Whenever I encode videos, during playback I get horizontal lines sort of on the edges of anything that is moving. That and it makes everything semi blurred. I'm not 100% sure but does that have something to do with resizing the resolution? Hopefully one of you knows exactly what I'm talking about and knows how to fix it.

What I'd like to be able to do is take a HD video, import it into SVP8. Encode it with a codec and have the file size be greatly reduced, resolution size lowered, etc etc.. without having the artifacts and blurryness. In other words, take a 500mb video @ 1080i 16:9.. and drop it down to like 80mb but keep the 16:9 ratio. I'd like to make DVD rip quality videos.

What codec should I be using? What Settings?

Does SVP8 have what I need? If not, what should I use?

What's a good 16:9 resolution to use (with or without letterboxing at this point)?

I also have a problem with Lame MP3 (I get errors when it tries to render), any other decent audio codecs I should get?

I'm having a rough time with it so far. 90% of the options I've tried have lead to errors with the codecs as soon as I try to render projects.. The best I've been able to get is a Divx encode with bad audio mind you.. It's 16:9 with much lower resolution, but during playback I still get the artifacts (Horizontal lines).

Help??

Thanks,
    - Tragon
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

The horizontal lines imply interlaced video. Use a Deinterlace filter while encoding to get rid of them.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Tragon
      • Nov 2007

Originally Posted by paglamon
      The horizontal lines imply interlaced video. Use a Deinterlace filter while encoding to get rid of them.
      Great! Thanks.. The only problem is, how? I've gone into project settings and the only thing I saw was Deinterlace method. Now in the pulldown list it gave me: None, Blend fields, Interpolate fields. Blend fields was already selected. I've tried both options and am still getting very poor results.

Do you know of a decent program that I can import M2TS files into and have it either convert to avi (With no quality loss) and/or allow me to edit and encode with a better deinterlacing method?

Comment

• Tragon
        • Nov 2007

Actually, could it be that I'm trying to encode at too low a resolution? I tried Divx at 720x480 then cropped the top and bottom off. It seems to to a lot better.. Still some lines but much less.

I'd still like to know exactly how people make HD videos and compress them to were 20 seconds of video + audio turns out to be like 3mb.. and the image quality is fantastic.. Like DVD rip quality.

Comment

Working...