This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xistan
    • Jun 2003

Due to certain circumstances in another thread I happen to like the way this thread is developing

Go get him rsquirell!

/C
    "I don't want problems, I want solutions..."

Comment

• Crash Override
      • Feb 2004

rsquirell wrote:
      "After thirty years in the computer people business"

What's the computer people business....?
      -= P4/2.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 700 GB HD
      -= GeForceFX 5600, Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

Good question...the market has been inert for the past 3 years....oh well.

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

i came across this thread for the first time today and i must say there are a few things that puzzle me:

- first of all, i dont think this thread is useful!

in case there are problems in certain forums, pls contact moderators and/or admin but pls do NOT start threads like this one - it leads to nothing but trouble!

- secondly i dont like spamming myself and i wouldnt know why i would have to add a *my pleasure* posting to any single thread i have contributed to

this is not much different to spamming in my eyes because if i would not consider it my pleasure to try and help, then why posting at all?

whenever i come across posting which i consider *inapropriate* i might close the thread or edit it or pm the user

in other words: the moderating team tries its level best but cant be everywhere and cant see everything - again pls use the report feature

on the other hand the *report button* is not meant as a mean of achieving your personal goal and discrediting other users!!

- last but not least: the topic itself might be contradictory, but please do NOT turn this into something worse or otherwise closing/deleting might be necessary, which of course doesnt solve problems either

Comment

• rsquirell
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Feb 2003

We all have our own opinions...and I think "My Pleasure" tacked onto a response of thanks from a grateful user adds the "human" touch that's lacking in the "cold" computer world...and encourages that user to return when he again experiences problems...but to each his own. It's well known you like to raise the wrath of the gods MS.

Comment

• Crash Override
              • Feb 2004

"- first of all, i dont think this thread is useful!"

Well.... there's an entire topic section for posts devoted to 'anger' and I don't quite see what's so useful about that. This is actually a pretty civil thread here.... kind of like a boxing match as opposed to a street fight.

Oh, and Quality, I'm not FROM Alabama; I just happen to be here at the moment.

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

"This is actually a pretty civil thread here.... kind of like a boxing match as opposed to a street fight."

I think that gets back to the point......We can raise some controversial issues from time to time as long as we all remain respectful.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Crash Override
                  "- first of all, i dont think this thread is useful!"

kind of like a boxing match as opposed to a street fight

Oh, and Quality, I'm not FROM Alabama; I just happen to be here at the moment.

I've been in many "street fights", with hands, elbows, feet, knees, bricks, steel pipes, knives, shanks, and with pieces (the short and long varieties).

There are many "streets" in the world, but fighting is the same, and I don't use gloves (advantage is then allowed to a thicker-skinned, thicker skulled opponent, yes, I learned to box, whilst a boy, also to wrestle, and then learned some eastern techniques), and I also target the shins, sometimes (weak point of some persons). Any "Marquis of Queensbury's rules" only apply when and only when two (2) and only 2 opponents are in the ring.

I did say ".....what county in Alabama "YOU ARE IN",... or wherever." I said, "You aren't a real southener, as no real southener would so disrespect a man , so."

But, that seems to be the problem.......some people read only what they want to read (even if such is not there), and not the post(s) in its entirety.
                  Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by UncasMS

but pls do NOT start threads like this one - it leads to nothing but trouble!

- secondly i dont like spamming myself and i wouldnt know why i would have to add a *my pleasure* posting to any single thread i have contributed to

"..leads to nothing but trouble!". The thread was a "possie up", or really a "p.ssy up", call out and from a "p.ssy". Or, haven't you REALLY "caught-on" ?

As to answering a "thank you", such is expected by many newbies, and especially by many European and Asian posters and even by southern US posters, whom have an IQ in the triple digits and do NOT live in "Cyper-World".

Such "thank you's", show our good-will and encouragement to those whom thank us to continue their "rights fight" for digital back-ups. Also, if no response og a "you are welcome", is not forthcoming, such silence is considered rude by the vast majority of all the world's people.

Finally, many of us whom solve the problems which the "Cyber World's" inhabitants do not solve, do not live in "CyberLand", and we are of the "Old School", and we both say "thank you" and expect a "you are welcome".

If you were to take your reasoning a bit further, then , the poster with the problem, should not even post a "that solved the Problem", thanks folks". And so, as theirs is a report, so is our "you are welcome". As our "you are welcome", shows them we enjoyed solving their dvd back-up problem.

Really, ripping/burning is an easy thing.......if the confusion (he said/they said) is stripped away.
                    Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• Crash Override
                      • Feb 2004

"There are many "streets" in the world, but fighting is the same, and I don't use gloves (advantage is then allowed to a thicker-skinned, thicker skulled opponent, yes, I learned to box, whilst a boy, also to wrestle, and then learned some eastern techniques), and I also target the shins, sometimes (weak point of some persons). Any "Marquis of Queensbury's rules" only apply when and only when two (2) and only 2 opponents are in the ring."

Some jokes need no punchline.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                        Digital Video Master
                        Digital Video Master
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Crash Override
                        "There are many "streets" in the world, but fighting is the same, and I don't use gloves (advantage is then allowed to a thicker-skinned, thicker skulled opponent, yes, I learned to box, whilst a boy, also to wrestle, and then learned some eastern techniques), and I also target the shins, sometimes (weak point of some persons). Any "Marquis of Queensbury's rules" only apply when and only when two (2) and only 2 opponents are in the ring."

Some jokes need no punchline.

Whenever a Northener or a person from the western US, has a change of abode to Alabama (one of the lowest wage states in US), it's usually because he was run-off from home, due to a scandal, undesirable employ, etc.. Do the "Alabamians" call you a "damned Yankee" (damned by his own kind, a know-it-all, etc.)?

I used to follow the jobs up North or California, where the wages/benefits were 2 X more. But, I'm a real fighter, I go when I choose to go.
                        Rig :

Comment

• Crash Override
                          • Feb 2004

Well, you're probably not familiar with the space program, then, which is located here in Huntsville. You know.... Boeing, Lockheed and that crew all build the parts for the international space station, and support the shuttle, etc.

Or the CinRAM DVD mastering facility here, for that matter.

I do riff on the Alabamians a lot, but they deserve it. And no, I didn't quite get run off... much the opposite. And I make more money here than I did in PA. Combine that with the cost of living decrease here and you've got a good deal.
                          Last edited by Crash Override; 12 Mar 2004, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• rsquirell
                            Digital Video Master
                            Digital Video Master
                            • Feb 2003

LOL...Crash the carpetbagger...

Comment

• Crash Override
                              • Feb 2004

You know it.

Comment

• rsquirell
                                Digital Video Master
                                Digital Video Master
                                • Feb 2003

I guess I'm one too....although I've been here for 30 years.

Comment

Working...