X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Check out task manager PA with the one you have it will be running as an app.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

I guess I am just trying to understand how this works I get this link on my desk top also and it looks like nothing was done yet my computer ran this for hours today. I dont get it?

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by soup
        Check out task manager PA with the one you have it will be running as an app.
        So if I have been running the app. is this other one a program then?

Comment

• soup
          Just Trying To Help
          • Nov 2005

It will install & show up in your control panel. The way I have it set it kicks in when I log on & there is an icon in my system tray but it does not kick in when another family user logs on. For that I have created shortcuts on their desktop to kick it in. Before I log off I quit the program but we still have the PC running 24/7 & hopefully 365. I wouldn't worry about anything showing up, it will not send results until the work unit is complete & then it takes a while until it updates. If you have chosen bigger work packets, it can take days to complete one. Maybe one of the other guys can post a pic of their console that shows your progress.

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
            This is what I downloaded and nothing else:

Let me see what this other thing is.

Thanks,

Also I dont see this in my programs for uninstalling is this not a program that installs?
            I use the console in the UncasMS link also. It is a standalone app with no installer. I created a folder on my desktop for it and all the logs etc. go in there. When it runs and you minimize it, there should be an icon in the task bar, if ya double click it you can see what it is doing, right click it to get other options. It creates a file called FAHlog with what has been done so far.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
              Queen of Digital Video
              Queen of Digital Video
              • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by jm1647
              I use the console in the UncasMS link also. It is a standalone app with no installer. I created a folder on my desktop for it and all the logs etc. go in there. When it runs and you minimize it, there should be an icon in the task bar, if ya double click it you can see what it is doing, right click it to get other options. It creates a file called FAHlog with what has been done so far.
              It threw a lot of stuff on my desk top I just dont know how to configue it, UncasMS sugested in a previous post to redo the configureation the next time I run it there is where I am lost.

I dont know how to answer the question when I have no idea what they mean I started configureing it and then stopped when it came to a point of I have no idea what i am doing. LOL

Comment

• soup
                Just Trying To Help
                • Nov 2005

Here is a guide from somebody who pitched in to help us. I wouldn't worry about the config stuff, if you quit the program, you can go in & delete the client-config then double click the icon & the console will appear to go through the settings.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...&postcount=144.

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

@PA - Like I said I made a folder on my desktop (and created a shortcut on my desktop to the console in the folder). I called it F@H and downloaded the client into it. All the files it gets will go to the one folder so they are not all over the place. I also try to copy\back up the folder at least once a day for safe keeping with the old copy and paste.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                    Queen of Digital Video
                    Queen of Digital Video
                    • Jan 2004

@soup I must have missed that that does help a lot thank you.

Comment

• soup
                      Just Trying To Help
                      • Nov 2005

It is also a good idea to keep an eye on your temps for the first little while. I also do the same as jm1647 & copy the whole folder to my other drive once or twice a day, especially when it gets close to the end.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                        Queen of Digital Video
                        Queen of Digital Video
                        • Jan 2004

I havent found anything like that in my temp folder, then again I have no idea what I am looking for there, as there is a ton of crap always in the temp internet folder.

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
                          I havent found anything like that in my temp folder, then again I have no idea what I am looking for there, as there is a ton of crap always in the temp internet folder.

soup meant the temps (temperature) of your hardware :

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            • Jan 2004

oh, sorry about that.

Comment

• volfann
                              Digital Video Enthusiast
                              Digital Video Enthusiast
                              • Jun 2006

For anyone using the NON GUI versions you can always stop it in task manager by ending process on the CONSOLE. It will automatically shut down the core. I usually check my log and time the shut down close to when last step was complete to keep from wasting any time that was used already. Mine has always picked up where I stopped it at on system restart. I always shut down before doing any burns.
                              sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• UncasMS
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2001

when using 5.04 / console version you can simply use "ctrl + c" to stop the process properly

Comment

Working...