X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

One thing I can't abide is a kid - and that's what you are drf; you prove it with every post - who disobeys his parents, who love him to bits and are only concerned with his welfare.
    Back in the days when I was a wee lad, I didn't dare disobey (at least not very often) ,'cause I knew that when my dad did find out, & he always did somehow, the trustly "board of edcuation" was applied to my posterior

Todays' "time outs" & "groundings" teach a kid nothin', because there is no major consequences involved. I hated the corrections that I received, & sometimes they definantly were a bit harsh, but I can honestly say that it kept me walkin' on the "straight & narrow" path!

I am actually using this thread in my son's educuation (homeschooled), because it shows him the dialoge between other parents on here, & that we all have the same message & goal in mind.

He has always been truthful with us; in fact, he will even tell on himself, ending up "getting himself in trouble", because he Knows how important the trust & communication is between us.

I would be very deeply hurt if I found out that he lied to me & didn't confess after he "came to his senses". He is My Child And My Best Friend, & we don't ever want to lose that wonderful relationship.

drf, if you showed this thread to your mom & dad, & they read all the heartfelt replies on here, unless I miss my guess, there wouldn't be a dry eye in your house, & I feel that the distrust would immediately start to heal/mend, because at that point,

they would realize that you had the courage to stand up & be a man...it could only get better from that point on - who knows, you may even get full internet privileges back

Now, do the right thing

@ BTW, my son is Not allowed in chatrooms!
    It's no wonder most of the people on IRC are college students, because then they finally break free of their parents
    You're never "free" of your parents!
    Last edited by katzdvd; 8 Oct 2006, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Budreaux
      • Jan 2006

If I were to send you your personal info my PM, would that convince you that you are not as safe as YOU think you are?

I read this thread last night and it got me thinking, so I started weeding through the information through various postings by you. Not just here, but through the trail I ahve already picked up by you?

I guarantee you that I can put your home address in your PM box in less than 2 weeks, and that's being conservative.

Care to take me up on it and make a wager.. say, you parents on DVF for a little conversation?

Budreaux

Comment

Working...