Jake Wants a New Computer or to build one!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doctorhardware
    replied
    The motherboard I got for my son had 4 USB on the back and 4 additional on the motherboard.

Leave a comment:

• JakeBlues
    replied
    Where are you guys?

Originally Posted by JakeBlues
    Look at what what Samsung recommends me to use in this new drive...
    wahahaha
    (I dunno guys.. i can't quit laughing)
    I wonder if the Mexell it's telling me to use is the Mexican CMC's that Maxell sells now?

WOW I had the urge to waste $25 dollars and buy CMC lightscribe disk just to see if pictures are pretty..... wahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (NOT!)
    Just wondering did anyone find good deals in the weeks ads?

Leave a comment:

• jm1647
    replied
    I can't thank you enough for directing me to that case... it's pretty cool!
    Did you see the .39 cent Ultra Power 500 watt supply I bought to stick in that bad boy!?
    ROCKS!!!!!

I like the case. I'm gonna drill out the rivets to make the lower HDD cage removable.

I got 3 of them PSUs from frys.com when they were free after rebate But I also used the Amazon $30 credit card bonus to get another standalone DVD recorder a lil while back. And the $30 credit card bonus from buy.com to buy a burner awhile ago too

Did ya see the post for the 400GB Sata II HDD for $99.99 with free shipping at frys again I got 2 of them too

Leave a comment:

• JakeBlues
    replied
    RB, Soup, Chewy, Blu.. you guys will laugh...

Look at what what Samsung recommends me to use in this new drive...
    wahahaha
    (I dunno guys.. i can't quit laughing)
    I wonder if the Mexell it's telling me to use is the Mexican CMC's that Maxell sells now?

WOW I had the urge to waste $25 dollars and buy CMC lightscribe disk just to see if pictures are pretty..... wahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (NOT!)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JakeBlues; 23 Mar 2007, 09:05 PM. Reason: Info

Leave a comment:

• JakeBlues
    replied
    Thank you jm1647!

Originally Posted by jm1647
    The mobo should come with at least 2 USB I/O ports built in on the back and maybe like the one Chewy recommeded to katz and the one I got came with an additional bracket for 2 more out the back and additional pins to hook up to the front USB ports of the Ultra case.
    I can't thank you enough for directing me to that case... it's pretty cool!
    Did you see the .39 cent Ultra Power 500 watt supply I bought to stick in that bad boy!?
    ROCKS!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• JakeBlues
    replied
    Yeah Chewy! I think I do....

Originally Posted by Chewy
    need the exact model and present firmware?
    Hell I guess so! (laughing my ass off).. there is NO "present firmware" in the package

Damn that NewEgg (still laughing) I should have known the prices were
    too good! Lemme tell ya bro... NO manuel, no disk, no box, no nothing... but nicely taped in 4 inches of bubble wrap!

The tag on the writer reads DVD Writer Model SH-S182
    down near the computer bar code it says SH-S182m/bebe
    and I guess this may be the serial O6006gip101825v F/W sbo3
    next line H/W:A Ver.M January 2007

Remember you told me hardware has about a 2 year life before it needs to upgraded?? Well This was born a month after my daughter!! So I have a running start!
    I have 2000 on THIS system... I wanted to play with it until the NEW system is up and running!
    (sighs)
    What should I do.........?
    Last edited by JakeBlues; 23 Mar 2007, 08:48 PM. Reason: more info

Leave a comment:

• jm1647
    replied
    dang I need one of those USB cards (thingys) you hook to the back of the case from the mother board so i an hook the USB stuff in... and I hope to God the thing has serial ports and other crap I need!
    Wish me luck!
    The mobo should come with at least 2 USB I/O ports built in on the back and maybe like the one Chewy recommeded to katz and the one I got came with an additional bracket for 2 more out the back and additional pins to hook up to the front USB ports of the Ultra case.

Leave a comment:

• doctorhardware
    replied
    @jake
    I can get you a blue case fan for you for around $2.00 or less.

Leave a comment:

• Chewy
    replied
    need the exact model and present firmware?

Leave a comment:

• soup
    replied
    Open up ImgBurn / Tools / Drive / Check for Firmware Updates.

Leave a comment:

• JakeBlues
    replied
    I was wondering....
    How do you tell which firemware to use?
    Do you download the first and upgrade? Do you just go to the firmware
    update site you've shown me... a few times?
    The drive came with NOTHING!!!!!!!!
    No Box.. No Disk.. No manuel... NO NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!
    says on it... dvd writer model SH-S182
    Then... SH-S182/BEBE (but made in Jan of 2007!! not bad)
    Chewy.. how do I decide which firmware to use???
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Chewy
    replied
    just don't try running a 939 cpu on an am2 socket with ddr

Leave a comment:

• JakeBlues
    replied
    No I am sorry if I mis worded my post...
    I think I meant to say "compatible" with each other!
    You always out think me... I thought you knew me better!
    hehe I told you before.. sometimes I am slow to think!
    On board sound has come a long way? wow that's cool! Well I hope my future Mo-Bo has great one.
    Chewy... just so know, you and ratboy and soup and a few others have been VERY supportive of me even when I am so hard headed I don't just don't "get it". And you will explain things again and again until I DO "get it".
    And I thank you and ALL my friends for the support thats why I ask for your help now... because I trust you all.
    Any good suggestions for Mo-bo's VId-cards or memory????
    .. Can ram. cpu, mo-bo match up "perfecly"?

Leave a comment:

• Chewy
    replied
    ram, cpu and mobo must match up exactly???

onboard sound is so good now, forget sound cards

Leave a comment:

• JakeBlues
    replied
    Chewy, Soup & Ratboy & other friends... Need input!

OK guys take a look at my last post.... #96
    I think I have done well so far... I did stop one order one night because I was having a few (heh) and ordered 2 power supplies!!
    You can't amend an order from New Egg but you can cancel it and start again.. so I did. I am GALD I did because it gave me time to rethink and make substitutions for the parts I've ordered. I think the only money wasted so far was the 80mm fan... I have parts and things around not to mention a friend at work who'll probably give me a few.

THE NEXT BUYS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT I THINK....

The Mo-Bo and the Video card!! VERY expensive so alot of shopping and a lot of research is going to have to happen. The only thing I want in a MO-BO right now other than quality and a good price is 2 ide headers and can support AMD x 2 cpu. (just incase my final decision is indeed a AMDx2 and NOT just a reg amd chip from a few months back before the x2 series came out)
    As Chewy pointed out and after reading on his suggestion I agree that a PCI- Express video card will be the way to go. But to 256 or 512 msg card?
    I dunno... If you guys can help me find these I'll be appricative and I'll chat here with you all and see if it's a concensus that's it's a good deal..price..quality etc.

Sooner or later I'll need a sound card... I have NO IDEA what the ones today are good.. but my last few computer had Creative Labs, I think one was a awe 64 gold (wahaha) and did great. My second was a CL live card first gen had a few problems but after some firmware updates a friend did it was ok.
    Too bad I only had it a few weeks before a lighting strike destroyed it beyond repair.. YEAH the whole damn thing was a friend.. nothing survived they could find. So if you just happen onto a good sound board deal... lemme know.
    Thanks Guys!

PS, OTHER than the Power supply all the other things are now here in my home.
    The power supply should be here in 3-5 business days
    Last edited by JakeBlues; 22 Mar 2007, 02:29 AM. Reason: more info

Leave a comment:

Working...