Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

I agree with Chewy on the media, the Fuji aren't bad but I'd make sure they are made in Japan...they should code out as RicohJpn. Stick with media made in Japan with the exception of Verbatims, they are good if made in Taiwan as well.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

I have given up looking for sony or fuji made in japan, from what I have heard
      production has ceased for branding of TY mids by those companies.

Comment

• locoeng
        Who Farted?
        • Dec 2005

I have given up looking for sony or fuji made in japan
        LOL...I only use Verbs and Maxell +R printables (MIJ), so I've never really had to sift through stacks and stacks of spindles looking for the good stuff. That is good information though Chewy, I'll take the Sony and Fuji off my suggestion list.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
        Walt Kelly

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

suggestion list
          is getting very short, or we will have to relax our standards

Comment

• Chokito
            • Jul 2006

Well it definitely looks like it was the firmware. Three burns = three successes. I'd love to know how can you know which is the latest firmware for a burner and where you can download it (maybe next time I'll avoid taking up your time. I said maybe). Thanks agian for all your help and for those new threads, which I havew already started checking out.

Comment

• locoeng
              Who Farted?
              • Dec 2005

Firmware is not always the cure, but can be a big factor. The link I included in my post is for RPC1, the newest firmware will be the last link in the list. The link of Chewy's that you used was from Lite-On, you should be able to check the same link to find out when there are updates.

Walt Kelly

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

I went thru at least 2 busted links before I went over to codeguys thread at cdfreaks to find one that would download

Comment

Working...