direct copy from drive two to drive one??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teneniel
    • Mar 2007

direct copy from drive two to drive one??

First let me apologize if there is already a post addressing this question. I have browsed for it, but quickly. I'm short on time this week. I'm sorry.

Second, I must apologize if this is something very easy to figure out on your own by just playing. Again, I am very short on time this week. So, I'm sorry.

So, can ImgBurn do a straight copy from Drive B (the reader) to Drive A (the burner) ??

I have a backup that works and just want to make another copy. (The files are not on my HD anymore, and I know I can Rip them there from the working Back up and then Burn them, but I'm trying to eliminate a step and hopefully save time.)

Oh, also I'm sorry if it seems late to be asking this question. I have made backups before. I just installed my second drive yesterday and haven't had time to play with it yet.

Unfortunately the next time I will be online is Wed. evening, so I will read any responses then.

Thank you in advance for your patience and knowledge.

Also, if this post gets deleted for breaking any rules, I apologize to the moderator who had to do it. Thanks
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Do you have Nero?

Comment

• Dan
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

You can do it with ImgBurn.

Select Build Mode, choose the drive with backup as source and other drive with blank DVD as destination.

This may not be as reliable though as you are working 2 drives at once. I prefer to take the extra 6 minutes and read ISO to HDD, write ISO to disk.

EDIT Just tried one to show you a log....
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Dan; 2 May 2007, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• shrink0
        • Jan 2006

You can use IMGTools burn, I use it all the time for disk to disk or HDD to burner copies......
        ImgTools is tools to make an image of a DVD Folder(VIDEO_TS) and also burn it. In Addition, the burning tool allows you to confirm and burn a DVD from VIDEO_TS made by any other application.
        sigpic
        Google is your friend

Comment

• Dan
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Dec 2005

No need, he is already using the best burn engine.

Comment

• shrink0
            • Jan 2006

@ Teneniel, trust me try IMGtools burn for disk to disk..you won't be disappointed... no need to build iso, IMO.....
            I always tell the truth ,even when I lie !!!!!
            sigpic
            Google is your friend

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

IMGtools burn for disk to disk
              uses the nero api? that's no good

and as long as the 2 drives share a cable you are not really saving any time by doing it on the fly
              and may be wasting a disk and more time

Comment

• shrink0
                • Jan 2006

chewy wrote "uses the nero api? that's no good."
                But it works!!!
                sigpic
                Google is your friend

Comment

• Dan
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Dec 2005

We know you love IMGTools but hasn't the thread starters question about ImgBurn already been answered?

Comment

• shrink0
                    • Jan 2006

If it's been answered ,then why you still posting? let's move on then!!!!
                    sigpic
                    Google is your friend

Comment

• Dan
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Dec 2005

I am the one that answered the question pertaining to ImgBurn, while you constantly go on about another application entirely.

The question had been answered before your first post on this thread so you had no need to post at all, let alone 4 times about the same damn thing.

Comment

• shrink0
                        • Jan 2006

You still posting about same Dan thing? come on now move on!!!!
                        sigpic
                        Google is your friend

Comment

• Teneniel
                          • Mar 2007

Dan - thank you! I don't know how much time I saved, it took about 8 min. But it was nice to be able to walk away and not have to worry that it would be waiting for me to put in the blank, it was already there. Oh, why wouldn't this be reliable?? Like, if I multi-task while doing it? I guess I don't see the problem in running both drives. My PC should be able to handle it, or I've wasted a lot of money...

soup - I do have Nero, but it tends to cause problems in Vista so I try to avoid using it. I know Nero does this, but like I said, I try to avoid it. Oh, and Nero burns an ISO to a temp folder and then to the blank anyway. SO it uses both drives but doesn't save time.

shrink0 - thanks anyway for the tip, but if it uses Nero I'll be avoiding it like the plague.

chewy - the drives don't share a cable. one is IDE and the other is that new stuff. This one turned out ok, and I saved time, but am I headed for future problems? I don't want to waste any discs. They aren't cheap after all.

Comment

• Teneniel
                            • Mar 2007

nevermind what I was going to say here.
                            Last edited by Teneniel; 3 May 2007, 03:05 AM. Reason: found the answer

Comment

• Chewy
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2003

with one drive on pata(ide) and the other serial(sata)/that new thingy?

you are good to go for COF(copy on the fly), when I know I have a great source disk I use 8X, if in doubt then 4X

Comment

Working...