What speaker system are you using with your PC?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

206? 2 speakers? Prolly bad compared to 5.1 or somethin

Comment

• shiny#3
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Jul 2003

I have my computer as well as my hometheater (TV + VCR + dvdstandalone) connected to a yamaha rx-v470 with a triple of infinity in front and a pair of jamo 28 in back.

but since I don´t want to be killed by my neighbours i use headphones very often.

Comment

• Oriphus
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Aug 2003

Yeah, i dont really find the need for mroe than two speakers ya see. I have two home cinema hifi systems to play with. One, a Technics SCDV250 Dolby prologic system, and a Marantz SR9300 6.1 THX setup with Monitor Audio Silver 6's and surround speakers. It connects up to my 60" SXGA Projector, so you can see why i dont bother going to the cinema too much. There is 165 Watts RMS per channel on the Marantz. Couple that with the 400Watt Subwoofer system, and im in heaven. Thats why i got into collecting DVD's.

I just dont spend enough time playing music or anything on the computer. Iplay Americas army the odd time, thats about it!
        http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• MPS
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Mar 2003

soundblaster cabled to sony cfs-719l stereo with mega bass on - nice sound

Comment

• atifsh
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2003

Originally posted by Oriphus
            Yeah, i dont really find the need for mroe than two speakers ................and im in heaven. Thats why i got into collecting DVD's.

u better visit here somday get dvd for little 1.5 $
            haha even get low commpression rate dvds too those babys have 2 movies in one dvd

oh bythe way i live in karachi
            Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• Batman
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2002

Yes but those are pirated dvd's (often not from a proper dvd source), and the quality from may be lower than that of the originals.

Comment

• Oriphus
                Digital Video Technician
                Digital Video Technician
                • Aug 2003

Thanks for the um...offer? I didnt really understand what you were saying but I like to collect DVD's anyway and with a 60" projector screen i need to make sure the DVD's are of the highest quality. Two on one disc - never would i dream of that for a full length movie!

Comment

• atifsh
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2003

pirated yes , bad quality noooooo quality is excellent of such dvds or maybe 19 to 20 difference buts thats not visible like that. otherthen that yes quality of 2 on one dvd is so so.

let me explain how things go here we dont have any laws here for pirating cds/dvds here so pirated audio cd is little above 1$ and the non pirated cd is b/w 3 to 4 dollers same goes for dvds here dvds are pirated but there quality is as good as the orignal, thats why i told u to come here if u like to build ur dvd collection even bigger also software cd cost just Rs 25 (1$ = Rs 58)

Comment

• Batman
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Jan 2002

My friend bought such dvd's from Pakistan. One was from a CAM/TS, the other dvd which contained 2 movies, was of svcd quality---not bad for that price. However, the menues (if they can be called that) were terrible.

Comment

• Oriphus
                      Digital Video Technician
                      Digital Video Technician
                      • Aug 2003

I think i will do my own thanks. I dont feel the need for geting pirated movies, i can get all the movies i want whenever i want considering my friends dad manages the largest DVD distribution company in NI. He gets the DVD screeners months before they are released and its full quality.

Atfish, I also guarantee the video quality is not excellent, infact, the video quality of converted AVI files is pretty poor to start with. Two on one disc, no chance of me watching it. Remeber im using an SXGA 60" projector, and im thinking of changing the screen to 100" if i have the room, as my projector projects up to 300"

Comment

• atifsh
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by Batman
                        My friend bought such dvd's from Pakistan. One was from a CAM/TS, the other dvd which contained 2 movies, was of svcd quality---not bad for that price. However, the menues (if they can be called that) were terrible.
                        haha true menues are annoying somtimes, yes 2 movies on one dvd does have svcd quality or sligtly better, but i was taking bout the single movie and also there is one more thing if u get movie that is just released, well quality will be very poor of such.

Oriphus true in ur confiq u need every last bit of quality as ur using a 60" projection while i use a 34 inch crt.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Jan 2003

exactly because if he wants a 100" and he has a bad quality video pixel's will look like a friggen sqare inch lol

Comment

• Oriphus
                            Digital Video Technician
                            Digital Video Technician
                            • Aug 2003

SKD - your 100% right. I compressed Blue planet at 30% and a flock of birds flying looked like loads of squares on the screen. Very porr quality, that was at 60". Now at 100" i wouldnt like to see it. I run the DVD through Y, PB/PR, CB/CR >> VGA for highest quality and use a progressive scan system to make the lines between 750 and 1024. Even with that the quality can be poor on compressed DVD.

Comment

• Batman
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Jan 2002

When you have a high quality system, even small flaws become very evident That's why you need the best source material you can get.

Comment

• Oriphus
                                Digital Video Technician
                                Digital Video Technician
                                • Aug 2003

Yeah, I completely agree with that. I make sure that all my back-ups are very high quality, i strip out the extras, un-needed audio, subtitles, menus, and even the start and end credits if possible. Even 2-300MB makes a noticeable difference. I also push my DVD limit to the edges sometimes, but i can with Traxdata without worry. I would sometimes put 4480MB on a disc.

TO go back on topic, thats the main reason i dont have really amazing desktop speakers. I dont watch anything on the computer. Why bother, when you can ly down and watch it on a good screen with great sound?

Comment

Working...