Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Exar Kun
    • Mar 2004

Will Arsenal slip to 2nd??

I wouldn't count Chelsea out yet. This team has surprised a lot of more experienced teams before. If they do play their best they might take Arsenal for first. You just never know with Chelsea, they have their bad days and then their unreal days. If Arsenal dosn't play better than they did in their last game, they might slip to 2nd.

Man. United???? Just face it, their done in. The'll be happy in third. Or not?

If you guys follow the Italian league Juventus lost to Inter. Milan again 3 - 2. Jeez Juventus is not doing well. They didn't to bad but they just couldn't get their offence going. It's a shame that Juventus (ranked 3) got taken out by Inter. (ranked 6). Another one of their bad days. O well, my fav. italian team, Roma, is still kicking butt, taking out Lecce 3 - 0. Juventus might catch them though for 2nd. The question though, is if anybody can catch AC Milan. I hardly doubt that anybody can, considering that they do got a 9 poing lead over Roma.

Got great weather here, it hit 30 decgrees C. Unreal. I'm pretty much busy playing football (or if ur from here "soccer") and desigining websites. NHL playoffs are starting also.

Anyways, Arsenal (1st??), Chelsea (2nd??), Man United (definately 3rd)

Comment

• Oriphus
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Aug 2003

Yeah, I watched the match. 3-1 down and it ended up 3-2. Inter arent having the best season either...

Man United?? Who?? Just the team thats on the league 8 times out of 11 thats who. How many times has Chelsea one the Premier League I wonder....hmmm....could it be never....Only actually won the league title once back in the 50's. I dont think they are going to be a team winning titles, thats for sure. For all the sceptics out there, my guess is you will be receiving a revengeful hammering from Man United next season. This season has been a great one for us compared to last, 3 points better than we were last season, but unluckily for us, Arsenal have had an amazing run, and to be honest, Chelsea have won a lot of games 1-0 that they never deserved to win. I still think there is a good chance that Chelsea will finish 3rd...
      http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• Exar Kun
        • Mar 2004

Ya I agree, Oriphus, Manchester United is definitely going to have an awesome season next year, but for now.........Arsenal rules!!!!

No surprise on who's gonna win the Arsenal vs. Chelsea game tomorrow. Can't wait to see that game.

Arsenal 3 - Chelsea 1 on Tuesday and,

Arsenal 2 - Liverpool 0 on Friday.

This will give Arsenal a great opportunity to secure their top spot and not have to worry about Chelsea sneaking up on them.

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

We have to win Tuesday's game, and must at least win one and draw one of the next two league games. Otherwise, it will give Chelsea the boost they need to make a challenge for the title, but they do have to play Newcastle and United away, and I think they may also slip up at Aston Villa.

Our fixture list for this week is terrible, but news is that Wenger wanted to have 4 games in the last 8 days of the league campaign, but the FA refused saying that we might have won the league by then and would put out reserve teams. So now the FA has solved this problem by trying to make sure we don't win the league - bastards!!! Well if we do lose a game in this run of games, then we will lose the chance to break a new record for not losing all season, and you can bet we'll be putting out reserve teams for the last few games, if we have definitely won or lost the league title!!
          Last edited by admin; 6 Apr 2004, 11:31 AM.
          Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• Exar Kun
            • Mar 2004

Ya, definately. Arsenal has to watch out that they don't slip up in the next couple of games. Anything less then wins on Tuesday and Friday will put Arsenal in an interesting situation, trying to stave of Chelsea later on next week. But then again, Chelsea has no championship league experience and will most definately lose against the United who themselves are very optimistic in winning the league this year (joking on the United part).

I wouldn't worry about Arsenal, they know that they gotta put in a solid perfomance if they want this title. Ya and I did hear about that FA ruling. The FA are so Anti-Arsenal. I swear, next they will probably try to figure out how to disqualify Arsenal and then put Manchester up against Chelsea for a chance to take first. Whatever, Go Arsenal Go!!!!!

Comment

• MPS
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              • Mar 2003

I still say MU gets better than 3rd

Comment

• Oriphus
                Digital Video Technician
                Digital Video Technician
                • Aug 2003

I agree with that statement. Chelsea at the minute are 8 points ahead of us. However, we have a game at hand so that will bring the deficit down to five. We WILL beat Chelsea at Old Trafford, bringing the difference to 2 points. So assuming that Chelsea are not infalable and do slip up atleast once with a draw/loss before they play us, and we finish the next 8 games with wins, then we will be second for sure. However, we need Arsenal to lose 4 games of their next 8 to enable us to have a stab at the League. That realistictly is not going to happen....

I think it will be a close match tonight. I do think that Arsenal will manage the victory though. I know Chelsea will try hard. To me it doesnt make much odds, because Real Madrid will put out the winner anyway, though i do recall saying that about Real Madrid v Juventus last year...

Comment

• MPS
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  • Mar 2003

wow... what a shocker @ hibury
                  arsenal is out of both cups after all...
                  thou premiership goes to them anyways...

< in small font, so that admin can't read this >NICE GOING CHELSEA!!!

Comment

• Oriphus
                    Digital Video Technician
                    Digital Video Technician
                    • Aug 2003

It was looking like a possible Treble only days ago....How quickly the tides can change eh....

It was a good match, well done to both teams, but Chelsea did look the stronger side. This might be the start of an Arsenal fall apart, handing United the league after we beat Chelsea at home and they draw won...lol - I wish...

Even more surprising is that Real Madrid, after a 5-1 lead half way into the second half, went out of the Champions League. Looks like the giants, Real Madrid and Manchester United are having a difficult time at the minute. Both, in my opinion, will be back at the top of their game next season, with every likelyhood of winning domestic titles and Champions League.

It must be Milan versus either Chelsea or Monaco in the final, most likely Chelsea i think...

Comment

• admin
                      Administrator
                      • Nov 2001

I have nothing to say. The only thing that makes me feel slightly better is the fact the Madrid has been knocked out (really wanted to see a Arsenal-Real match, even though I know we'll get knocked out sooner or later), but it also means an easy ride for Chelsea.

So money does buy you happiness ...

Comment

• MPS
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        • Mar 2003

well paint my socks pink and call me a faggot! how da hell real got kicked out?!

Comment

• admin
                          Administrator
                          • Nov 2001

And now Milan are out as well ... Chelsea to win it?

I think I'll tip Depor for the cup. If there's a Monaco-Depor final, then it should be a great match to watch - will be looking forward to an 11-7 scoreline

Comment

• MPS
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            • Mar 2003

milan out - how did that happen too?????? man, what great surprising quarters...
                            i think porto gets the cup (nice streak would this be - uefa cup, chimpship & Ch.League)

11-7 scoreline
                            too true

Comment

• Exar Kun
                              • Mar 2004

More dissapointments....

What a dissapointment with Arsenal losing to Chelsea. That's what I meant when I said that people should not underestimate Chelsea. Most of their wins are just one pointers, but I guess you sometimes only nee the one point to win. Well.....at least Arsenal beat Liverpool. But then again, that isn't saying much is it.

Anyways, at least Roma beat Lecce yesterday. That was a kick @ss game if any of you guys watched. Totti (Roma) got a nice penalty kick and made it 3 nil for Roma in the the dying minutes of the second half. What a shocker for AC Milan.

Comment

• admin
                                Administrator
                                • Nov 2001

A great comeback after a disappointing week and first half. Henry is irreplaceable, so why try (take note Madrid)!!

Give Houllier a lifetime contract, I say

Comment

Working...