X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oriphus
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Aug 2003

It ended up 1-0 to Portugal. A very good second half performance by them. i only wish that Russia had beaten Greece by more than 1 goal, then Spain wouldve been through as well and we'd all be happy. All-in-all, im glad Portugal got through.
    http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• MPS
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Mar 2003

what about our very own manutd's c.ronaldo? he's outstanding.

GO ENGLAND!!!

...and SWITZERLAND

Comment

• Oriphus
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Aug 2003

Yeah, Ronaldo has been one of the stars of the Portugal side. he is still very young, but its widely known that when Portugal bring on Ronaldo, likely hood is that he will make a massive difference. Im looking forward to the coming season with him and with a solid defence. That would be ideal. I think we are good up front with RvN and Louis Saha with cover from Solskjaer (hopefully used often as a sub) and Alan Smith.

Not long to go until the England v Croatia match, Would be funny if there was a big upset wouldnt it lol

Comment

• MPS
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Mar 2003

too true about CR & MU

upset - no it wouldnt be funny :|

i wanna see England-Holland final

Comment

• Mig$y
            Retired
            • Jan 2004

oooooh, not long to go till the England game... I'm getting excited. I hope Rooney holds his temper

Comment

• chickeneater
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Apr 2002

How about them Yankees?
              FFDShow filters
              Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• Oriphus
                Digital Video Technician
                Digital Video Technician
                • Aug 2003

lol - the Yankees play football??? Rooney is just like Paul Gasgoine in his younger days

Comment

• MPS
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  • Mar 2003

depends what he meant by yankees. if ny yankees, then true,. if americans in general, then... also true them cowboys aint playin good soccer i tell ya :-}

Comment

• Oriphus
                    Digital Video Technician
                    Digital Video Technician
                    • Aug 2003

England are through along with France. Good results for both of them.

Comment

• Mig$y
                      Retired
                      • Jan 2004

C'mon the boys......

I was cheering for the Swiss big time aswell.

We had a few patchy moments but very happy with the result.

I think Rooney's pricetag may have trebled over the tournament.

Comment

• MPS
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        • Mar 2003

nevermind the pricetag - he's everton bound for the moment

great play by rooney and the rest of england, nice win - i was schocked by the early upset goal for croatia.

what about swiss performance in till it was 1-2? great job you alpine guys!

Comment

• admin
                          Administrator
                          • Nov 2001

I can't believe the Henry bashing the media, and from even some of the more "well known" commentators. He had two bad games , one of which included earning a penalty to win the game, and he's suddenly the worst player at the tournament.

And now that he's scored two goals, all I hear is how Saha came on and made the difference, despite not actually touching the ball for Henry's second.

And don't even get me started on the Rooney love-fest - he scores against the mighty footballing nations of Switzerland and Croatia, and suddenly he's the new Pele, Maradona and van Basten stuffed into one body (no wonder he's so wide). Is he not the same guy that scored a massive 9 goals in 40 starts for Everton?

Or maybe I'm just bitter because of the time difference, and the fact that all the live matches are at 4am
                          Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• MPS
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            • Mar 2003

it's not that rooney scored those goals and didnt for everton - it is the fact that his talent really shows at this tournament, till yesterday he was the youngest to score at euro in its history and you know how people love statistix. rooney not only scored but healso shows great heart for game, has a few assists. moreover look at his performance - if the team looses the ball, who runs in the ball's direction? wayne. like when he run across the whole pitch and when lost the ball immediately run at the goalie to take it over, which he almost did.

saha - came on and pushed forward immediately, touching the ball or not, he gave an openiing for theiirry.

i agree that henry is not the worst playa, although played like a ghost in previous 2 games - see no henry hear no henry, except maybe for that england penalty

what about the stupid italians with their accusations against denmark and sweden? in case u'ven't heard, italians accuse danish & sweden coaches that they'll (in the name of friendship or whatever) agree to draw the match, so that italy goes out and scandinavians thru. i havent heard a bigger b*llsh*t recently... oh, wait, i have - today. in European Council there was a scandal - why? cause some french representative started using english and all other fu*king frog-eaters took off - left the place all offended and sh*t

so... u're just bitter i guess

Comment

• Oriphus
                              Digital Video Technician
                              Digital Video Technician
                              • Aug 2003

OK - First off, Im a bit annoyed at the way the media are talking about Thiery Henry. His record speaks for itself. Fair enough he has not looked good the first two matches, but everyones biggest mistake will be to underestimate him. I also know one thing FOR SURE. Id far rather have Thiery Henry in my team than Wayne Rooney.

And don't even get me started on the Rooney love-fest - he scores against the mighty footballing nations of Switzerland and Croatia, and suddenly he's the new Pele, Maradona and van Basten stuffed into one body (no wonder he's so wide).
                              Its ridiculous the way they are getting on about Rooney. Ok, he has scored a few goals against, say, lesser opponents. Did he score against France? No! Has he been tested against any of the European mighty? No! He looks to be a very good talent in the making, but comparing him to Pele is just so stupid i dont know whether to laugh or feel offended for Pele. Christ, i dont think he'll ever be as good as Pele. He has a lot of potential, and i mean a lot, but i see him more like a Paul Gasgoine rather than a Van Basten. No dount his price tag will be ridiculous.

Im really looking forward to the England v Portugal and i hope that Figo and Ronaldo can help bring a decent Portugese side further in the Championship. Lets see how many goals young Wayne can get against a better quality side.....then we can start to see his potential

Comment

• Oriphus
                                Digital Video Technician
                                Digital Video Technician
                                • Aug 2003

Oh....come on Sweden & Italy tonight

Comment

Working...