X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oriphus
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Aug 2003

Only 45mins to kick off for Chelsea, Liverpool and United. Will have to wait until 5.15pm to see Arsenal on Prem Plus.

Trying to find somewhere that will show the United match.
    http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• Oriphus
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Aug 2003

RTE 2 have it - YESSSSSSSS

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

We're ****.

We'd be less **** if van Persie had played instead of Bergkamp. If Ljungberg had been on the bench, and came on, we would have won for sure.

UEFA Cup here we come.
        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• Oriphus
          Digital Video Technician
          Digital Video Technician
          • Aug 2003

Well, i think we were both disappointed this weekend. A pretty poor performance by United, and i presume by Arsenal. We had no form at all. I think Darren Fletcher is again a pretty much waste of space. Park didnt do much, likewise with Alan Smith.

Something has got to be done. How can we play very good football one minute, and awful stuff the next.

I watched Norwich playing yesterday and i swear they looked 10 times the team we did.

Comment

• admin
            Administrator
            • Nov 2001

Chelsea must be laughing their socks off at our teams. The only positive I can think of is that if we are still struggling come January, we might finally spend some of the 40m we've saved up for transfers.

That and the remote chance we might do a Liverpool and win the Champions League

Comment

• Oriphus
              Digital Video Technician
              Digital Video Technician
              • Aug 2003

lol, i dont think that United are playing particularly bad all the time. They have had some decent spells, but overall much improvement is needed. Big big blow with Heinze now out for the season. No Roy Keane, no Wes Brown and no Gary Neville is leaving us very stretched defensively.

Looking forward to the match tomorrow anyway...

Comment

• admin
                Administrator
                • Nov 2001

More injuries and suspensions for Man United and Arsenal, but none for Chelsea and they continues to get away with boring "lucky" football (goalkeeping errors against Sunderland and Anderlecht, from what I'm told, and Anderlecht hit the post as well).

Might be watching Liverpool v Man United today. Usually, I stay away from watching Man United games, because if I watch, they always win. I'll try my luck again, and I won't mind seeing either team win, as long as they can put some pressure on Chelsea.

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                  Liverpool 'til I die......
                  • Nov 2003

Mmmm - well Sundays match was a bit of a let down, don't get me wrong I hate losing to the Mankers but our matches usually show a bit more passion and effort, I really felt that both teams wanted the draw to preserve their starts to the season.....

More depressing still is LFC's 1 goal in the premiership so far..... we seem, once again to be better in the CL than we are in the Premiership, don't get me wrong, I would love to win the CL again (sorry admin - its ours not yours !!! ) but I would also like to see us actually challenge for the title as well.

I hope Benitez knows what he is doing - a bit like Man Utd we seem to have too much dead wood in the team and playing Crouch as the lone striker up front is not helping - no wonder the Mankers were calling us "Wimbledon" on Sunday.....

Have you both heard that Everton are setting up a budget airline to rival Ryanair and Easyjet ? Their ads will carry the slogan "In and out of Europe in 90 minutes" Bwahahahahahahahaha
                  "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

• admin
                    Administrator
                    • Nov 2001

Liverpool drew away, Man Utd lost at home, Arsenal drew away and Chelsea win thanks to a penalty. Everyone else is playing badly or having injury problems, and Chelsea has no injuries and gets all the luck. So what else is new?

Comment

• Oriphus
                      Digital Video Technician
                      Digital Video Technician
                      • Aug 2003

Yeah, i agree with you admin. Its getting worse and worse for us. Our results are very poor. We could have easily had a scoreline of around 6-3 by half time (to United of course) and yet somehow we failed to do anything. We bring on Rooney and within a few minutes he has forced a goal. In a depleted side with injuries, why did Wayne not start the match - he should have. More bad decisions by Sir Alex possibly, or is he more concerned about the CL. After 6 games in Liverpool, United and Arsenal are virtually out of the running. In the whole season, with the way Cheslea are playing both defensively and their lucky streak, you can only afford about 2 losses and maybe 3 or 4 draws. We've had a loss and 2 draws already - not good enough...

Comment

• admin
                        Administrator
                        • Nov 2001

Chelsea, despite having the biggest and most expensive squad, only has one injury at the moment. Man Utd has 7, Arsenal has 5 (plus 2 suspended), Liverpool has 5 as well.

If we combine all the injured/suspended players for these three "rivals", then here's the team

Code:
                                        Lehmann
                        G Neville   Brown     Senderos  Heinze
                        van Persie  Gilberto  Keane     Pires
                                    Morientes Henry
                        Bench: Dudek, Saha, Fortune, Sissoko, Kewell, Mellor, Bergkamp, Solskjaer

I think this is a team that can compete with Chelsea, possibly even beat them, which proves just how lucky Chelsea are with injuries and how unlucky the rest of us are with them.
                        Last edited by admin; 27 Sep 2005, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                          • Nov 2003

Its very depressing - I keep hearing that LFC are doing better this year cos games we lost last season we have drawn this - but look at Chelsea, played 7 won 7 - if you don't win games like they are we are all fighting for the crumbs......

What happened at Old Trafford this weekend ? Fergie getting booed ??? Fans are obviously voicing the frustration we are all feeling that Chelsea are home and hosed already....

I think this could be a very boring season domestically........

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• Oriphus
                            Digital Video Technician
                            Digital Video Technician
                            • Aug 2003

Admin thats an excellent point you made there. It is very annoying with the injuries to our teams. Especially Man Utd who started so well and were very strong defensively. Now, we struggle big time in defence.

Im hoping that Liverpool get one over on Chelsea tonight. I was nearly at the match. My corporate banking team took eight clients over to it, unfortunately i just missed out on accompanying them. Ah well, there's always Man U v Fulham to go to.

Comment

• admin
                              Administrator
                              • Nov 2001

A good point earned by Liverpool. I didn't watch the match, but the Gallas handball sounds like the things that Chelsea have been getting away with a lot recently. Luck, or something more sinister?

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                                • Nov 2003

There were two other penalty incidents as well - Drogba (last defender !!! ha ha) kicked Sami Hyppia in the air and also a lesser one when Garcia was brought down. Carvalho is a complete donkey he spent the whole game running into the back of Crouch and giving away free kicks !!

I do feel that Chelsea get away with murder in the CL - its almost like Mourinho's criticism of Frisk has scared the refs so that they don't give opposing teams anything that he might go to the press with.

All in all a fairish result tho, both sides know that draws in the two matches and wins elsewhere will see them both through. Chelsea weren't as good as they claim last night tho and I still laugh at how much they paid for Dogba sorry Drogba !!

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

Working...