Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lfcrule1972
    Liverpool 'til I die......
    • Nov 2003

No excuses - Liverpool were sh#t ! Going for a drink now - too depressed.....
    "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

We're doomed!!!!!

Our only realistic target left in the league is to aim for a Champions League spot for next season
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• Oriphus
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Aug 2003

And what a performance by Henry in the CL. Awesome first goal. You do wonder where in the League Arsenal would be had they had Thiery Henry in their team...I think top 3 easily and probably just trailing Chelsea. Ok, its obvious that Chelsea are having all the luck at the minute, a massive squad a no real injuries to speak about.

United and Arsenal are both suffering, United very badly at the minute, with Injury problems. Until thats rectified, scraping wins in the Premiership and CL are all that can be hoped for.

Speaking of which, bit of a disappointed last night with United. Not the end of the world, but frustrations are clearly showing. We should have created more chances. Paul Scholes getting sent off was an awful decision by the referee considering his first yellow card was a nothing challenge in which he didnt actually make any contact. Disappointed in the overall performance of the team, but a good outcome was that Bardlsey looks very capable of filling in for Gary Neville when he's out injured.

The sooner we get Roy Keane back the better. He is our main driving force in the team, and its like a car with only one cylinder firing at the minute. G Neville would be another great addition when he comes back, whenever that is. Up front we are fine. Rooney, Rudd and Ronaldo are doing a great job when the 3 of them play together. Park is also proving a very tricky character and with each game he plays, he gets better i feel. The midfield is lacking at the minute. This is due to Paul Scholes being off form, and Roy Keane being injured. Would like to see them both playing and playing well, and someone else but Darren Fletcher playing.

At the minute all we can hope for is that Paul Scholes picks up his game, and there were signs of that happening with his cracker volley, that if it had gone in and had not been saved, would have definitely eclipsed Thierry Henry's goal. We hope Roy Keane wont be out for much more, and that Park, Ronaldo, Rooney and Rudd keep up the good work up front.

January transfer window - a defender is what is required for United i think...

Chris
        http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

I'm currently in Shanghai at the moment, and I listened to the game on Internet radio. I had only saw the goals today, and the first one was even better than I imagined. What a way to match the record, although I would have loved for Henry to have broken the record at Highbury.

Nike have setup a nice website for the record breaking event as well:

I noticed that it was up only a few minutes after the goal was scored, seems like a nice touch.

Don't know why we're doing better in the CL than in the league - it's usually the opposite. I don't know if Arsenal can get back in the title race or not, but if not, then I hope Chelsea don't win the league. For that to happen now, unless Chelsea have a major slip-up, I think Manchester United are the only team with the possibility of catching Chelsea, especially consider our problems at present.

The injury situation continues to get worse for us, with Reyes now out for 3 to 5 weeks with a broken/bruised rib. At least Henry is back, hopefully for good this time.

Comment

• Oriphus
            Digital Video Technician
            Digital Video Technician
            • Aug 2003

Its another injury blow for Arsenal with Reyes. Im not sure United can catch Chelsea, but its only two weeks or so till we meet in the Premier League. I victory there will insure that we are only 4 points off them. Remember Arsenal when they were invincible with their record breaking unbeaten run. We beat them emphatically (no doubt ill get a retort lol) and that sent them on a bit of a downward spiral...maybe the same can happen with Chelsea?

Comment

• admin
              Administrator
              • Nov 2001

Strange set of fixtures for all the big teams this weekend: We play Man United's local rivals, Man Utd play our local rivals. The same between Chelsea (Everton) and Liverpool (Fulham).

A win for us would be great, anything that might help us get an UEFA cup spot at the end of the season

Comment

• Oriphus
                Digital Video Technician
                Digital Video Technician
                • Aug 2003

You got your win against Man City, thankfull i hear you say...

We were disappointing against Spurs. I dont think they deserved the point from the game, but i guess thats just the way it goes sometimes. Im very confident that Chelsea have not run away with the premiership. If Everton can get a result like that, then Arsenal, man Utd, Charlton, Fulham, etc can all pull of a draw/win against them. Im really looking forward to Saturday week, when i firmly believe, if we play well, we are more than capable of beating Chelsea, and beating them emphatically.

What about that wonderous goal against Boro that never actually crossed the line. A bit of a reverse on Spurs goal that Carroll...er...um...saved lol.

Liverpool are having a horid time at the minute. Its worth noting i guess that Liverpool have two games at hand, and that Man Utd and Arsenal have game at hand over Chelsea.

Chris

Comment

• admin
                  Administrator
                  • Nov 2001

A poor game against city, stupid way to take a penalty as well. Henry's fault totally from what I hear, as he pressured Pires into taking it (he practised with Bergkamp in training, but Bergkamp rightly refused to do it in this game, not when we were only 1-0 up).

I really do hope you, or any other team, can beat Chelsea before they break our 49 game unbeaten record. Of course, they still have a while to go until the do the whole season unbeaten thing.

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                    • Nov 2003

Hiya

Been too depressed to write about football - watching LFC is bad enough at the moment. Once again we seem okish in Europe and poor in the League....

As for Chelsea - don't want to dampen Oriphus' excitement but I really can't see Utd beating them.... Everton are one of those teams that can do the freak result, Chelsea will be out to beat Man Utd and I really can't see any other result - sorry......

As for the Arsenal second penalty - what a clanger !! The stuff of sports quizzes and what happened next rounds for years to come. I see Henry says in todays paper he will try it again in the future.....

Can't decide whether to watch Palace v Liverpool in the Carling Cup tonight...... given our present form it could depress me further.... lol

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• Oriphus
                      Digital Video Technician
                      Digital Video Technician
                      • Aug 2003

On that Arsenal penalty, the goal wouldnt have stood anyway had it been executed as planned. Apparently, since the start of the premiership, a rule came out to enforce that the ball must hit the frame of the goal or the keeper before anyone else can touch it. Obviously it can go into the net or go wide also.

As for United v Chelsea, I know its not looking good at the minute, but i think we are going to have a right go. Im not very confident, but i do believe that if we do to Chelsea what we did to Arsenal, then it could knock them off their stride. They have a massive squad with massive ambitions and top players, so its always going to be difficult. If they loose Terry, Lampard or Makalele i think they might start to be a bit more shakey as a whole.

We can only wait i guess. I personally think that Van Der Sar is on better form tham Petr Cech. Maybe an outstanding performance from Van der Sar and a poor one from Cech would make all the differebce. Fingers crossed eh...

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                        • Nov 2003

**** !!!!! (sorry admin) Absolutely gutted with the performance last night - we are terrible at the moment, too depressed to write anymore now.......

Aaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh !

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• Oriphus
                          Digital Video Technician
                          Digital Video Technician
                          • Aug 2003

Yeah, pretty dismal performance. Morientes wasted a lot of opportunities. Him and the big man gotta start pulling their weight. It was an embarrasing performance for them.

Arsenal had a better result though lol. On to Man Utd tonight then. Tim Howard is back in nets....

Chris

Comment

• admin
                            Administrator
                            • Nov 2001

Good performance from Arsenal, an excellent opportunity for the youth players to show what they are made of. Really want to see van Persie get a run of games next to Henry - could solve our striker problems, with Bergkamp retiring and Henry simultaneously moving to 2 clubs in Spain and at least 1 club in Italy.

Comment

• Oriphus
                              Digital Video Technician
                              Digital Video Technician
                              • Aug 2003

Yes, good performance for Man Utd as well lol against the 10 men side from around the 2nd minute. Big disadvantage to them. Good to Rossi scoring. Also, bit concerned about our defence and us conceding a goal...

Comment

• admin
                                Administrator
                                • Nov 2001

Found this picture on a forum. Hope lfcrule1972 won't take offence, but I thought it was funny.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...