• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

Data Recovery

As you know - I have alot of experience in computers - in hardware and software. I am a programmer and own a shop with best prices around and has won pretty cool awards. and I am happy about that

I also work partly for a successful company who I wish to work for in the future.

I can now recover data of badly damaged HDD's with success rates of 89% +!!!!!!!!

I was so happy when I did this 2 days ago (or yesterday)

There are many ways but when it comes to really screwed up HDD's - I can now do them!

You can try to do them but i dont think it would work - trust me I been there myself and never worked but now I am proud to say I can do it.

Labs charge £100 UK STRAIGHT for diagnostics alone and as for data recovery - instant bill of £1000 UK and more - no joke.

I am now proud to say I can do it for you for nothing! Or I may charge about £50 UK because of time and effort and also keeping up with costs of using the software I use as well as trying to get some cash towards my eduction.

So if you want it done - let me know and I will see what I can do.

I just need your Home address and I need you to ship/send me your HDD along with a SAE (Self or stamped addressed envelope) so I can send you the HDD as well as the data backed up on DVD/CD (will cost £3 UK per DVD and £1 UK per CD (or less I dunno ))

I just thought i would share this information to you guyz so you know im here for you if you need me - I really care about people and things like these because I know what its like.

Thanks to my knowledge I am lucky I have passed high school 3 years ago otherwise I would fail because of data loss - using the world worst HDD make doesnt help!

Anyway - Thanks

Techno
  • MPS
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Mar 2003

what a lovely commercial tech, i've read it all

change the topic to "The Data Recovery Advertisement"

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

lol thx

Comment

• MPS
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Mar 2003

UR welcum

Comment

• Livewire
          • Jun 2003

Hrmmm This wouldn't happen to be Spinrite?

Gibson research

I tried the program that a buddy of mine let me borrow to see if it would repair a few bad harddrives I had.

It was able to recover data on the older models below 2GB size, and not on the newer models, also had some troubles with a SCSI drive I had (Some wierd error it couldn't interpret - Crash).

In most cases, when hard drives fail, they are toast completely. Hard drive manufacturers now include thier own firmware fail-safe's in thier hardware in order to avert data loss which mimic's most of these so-called hard drive software data recovery tools.

I personally would not reccomend paying money for any data recovery software unless it was really worth trying and failing at.

I wonder if these harddrive manufacturers fully understand thier own hardware enough in order to offer data recovery services for drives which crater due to problems not related to surface errors?

Somthing to look into.
          Government throws more money at a problem, so it looks like they are making a difference.

Comment

• techno
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Nov 2001

lol nope never use that.

I do it the proper way and its a success rate of 95% now

got a HDD today - was burned unfortunatly - office fire. and i recovered the data. the HDD Was melted but I extracted it to a template HDD and did the recovery there.

and HDD manufacturers just dont do data recovery - too much time consuming and also they are HDD MANUFACTURERS

the only best HDD in the world (and many ppl know this from me) is Western Digital.

Never ever gets a HDD failure only maybe 2% tops a year in recent researches and reports
            Last edited by techno; 29 Aug 2003, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• techno
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Livewire
              I personally would not reccomend paying money for any data recovery software unless it was really worth trying and failing at.
              true and well said. I dont give software to customer I do it myself personally in 23 hours because after 24 - its really gone (to do with electronic currents and timing...)

data is usually recovered and backed up in about 9 hours tops and another 3 hours to initially see if there is a way of getting the data back before physically doing it or with other "serious" software.

My advice - dont recover the data yourself - unless you KNOW what you are doing.

People today dont know how to build pc's and think they know all! but at the end of the day they come to ppl like myself saying it dont work :-/

why waste time money and effort if a person cant do a job properly and carefully?

Comment

• shiny#3
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Jul 2003

to techno: there is a company in switzerland that resides on
                data recovering and saving out of a damaged HDD
                they are looking for intelligent minds on data recovery....
                ..... they store data deep in a mountain
                as a matter of fact they do not spend a penny on public relations...

might be a chance for you??

Comment

• techno
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Nov 2001

thx

I kinda know what you are saying but not fully - explain

Comment

• Livewire
                    • Jun 2003

I hope western Digital fixed thier Hard drive sleep problem.

They used to last 1/10th the lifecycle when you choose the sleep mode in your operating system. Somthing to do with the heads banging around when the disc slowed to a halt.

I am speculating as I had an inside source who thought it was an issue.

THose errors and a few other IDE timing issues I had with Western Digital.

While Maxtor had surface error and spinup issues, Seagate drives seemed just fine.

I still am clueless. For the most part they all last more than 1 year.
                    Government throws more money at a problem, so it looks like they are making a difference.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Jan 2003

Man techno when you make it big remember me

Comment

• techno
                        Digital Video Master
                        Digital Video Master
                        • Nov 2001

lol

there were never any sleep issues with WD HDD's - if there Was Windows wouldnt allow the HDD to be put into sleep mode

Update your Motherboard and chipset drivers - update your BIOS and make sure you are using the CORRECT IDE cable for the ATA 100 IDE drive

time scale Life of HDD:

Western Digital - typical 8 years also 26 years without failure of ANY sort. Minimum 5 years no problems assuming you dont abuse it and give it good conditions

Maxtor - 8 months tops

Seagate - 1 year and 7 months before it goes "boof!"

Comment

• hacker_on_fire
                          Digital Video Expert
                          Digital Video Expert
                          • Mar 2002

"make sure you are using the CORRECT IDE cable for the ATA 100 IDE drive"

could you explain further please, i have just purchased a WD 250gb ATA 100 7200rpm?
                          MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

How 2 post questions correctly
                          Look here before posting questions

Comment

• techno
                            Digital Video Master
                            Digital Video Master
                            • Nov 2001

NICE DA BIG BEAST

you know - WD is the first HDD manufacturer to make the 100GB HDD, 200GB HDD and the S-ATA HDD?

anyway..back to hacker on fire (my bud!)

Basically just the use the IDE Cable that was given with the drive (its a yellow cable!)

Comment

• hacker_on_fire
                              Digital Video Expert
                              Digital Video Expert
                              • Mar 2002

yeah techno (the friend that knows-all), ain't talked to you for time. been at work and was not allowed to go on msn messanger obviously.

back to business.. i have got my wd drive from ebay, and is an oem version, with no yellow cable (i think..cos i havn't recieved it yet). Is their a specific name to the cable, so i can get hold of it?

p.s. how did your exams (results) go?
                              MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

How 2 post questions correctly
                              Look here before posting questions

Comment

Working...