X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

You guys need to upgrade...I get 360KB/Sec with roadrunner...it took just 1min30sec to down load the 24MB file.

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

I have an ADSL connection that is speed capped (as if it isn't slow enough already) and I live in Australia, so that's probably why.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

The audio came through super heavy on the dolby effects side...and almost muffled the voices...i wonder if that was a side effect...i may have to use AC3Fix...if your original was well mixed. Never-the-less...I've bookmarked the site and will try to send a homemade vid to another roadrunner user in a different town and see how he likes it. That would also be a way to post a vid to a thread on this site. Could be handy.

Comment

• rsquirell
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Feb 2003

This vid is small enough for someone doing the slow australian crawl to download in reasonable time. This service has potential. http://www.yousendit.com/download.as...77B447C53E9627
          Last edited by rsquirell; 20 Mar 2004, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• rsquirell
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Feb 2003

One for BOF...note: I posted this file an hour ago...and it was corrupt (had no headers because it was cut from a larger file and the site tried to convert my .mpg to a .mov...ran it thru VS7 to give it headers and this should be good...it took me 35 minutes to upload this 62MB file http://www.yousendit.com/download.as...03761B4E7FB929 It took 5-10 minutes to download at my speed...and showed up as a quicktime file (like the other one I thought was corrupt). I got it to work by right clicking and send to desktop as a link...and opening using quicktime player. The small file opens automatically in WMP. Checking...first file MPEG1...second MPEG2....converted second to MPEG1.http://www.yousendit.com/download.as...1FA05B48DC8F0C took 15 minutes to upload the new 34MB MPEG1...it took me about 1min30 sec to download and it plays in WMP....Lets see if it'll take a GIF...http://www.yousendit.com/download.as...873AAE3E853D2A hehehe...the squirell dood it.
            Last edited by rsquirell; 20 Mar 2004, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• rsquirell
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Feb 2003

Anyone who enjoys flying will like this vid...the guy at the beginning is my tech who did some free PC work for me...and held the camera http://www.yousendit.com/download.as...1E743383E24D0F

Comment

• MPS
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Mar 2003

nice1 squrell

Comment

• rsquirell
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Feb 2003

Thanx MPS...done last year with analog technology. Here's a funny...http://www.yousendit.com/download.as...413DFBEF3242E1

Comment

• ormonde
                    Digital Video Explorer
                    • Dec 2003

"the guy at the beginning is my tech who did some free PC work for me...and held the camera"

Enjoyed it rsquirell. The music sounds a bit Iron Butterfly influenced.

Comment

• rsquirell
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Feb 2003

In the mid-sixties I'd meet a bunch of guys in a Seattle park...they'd be playing a guitar, kazoos, washtub bass, washboard with thimbles on the fingers, and I'd be beating a hollow log drum. Country Joe and the Fish didn't become famous until woodstock 3 years later....that song came from their first album and is titled "section 43"...and was playing in my head in VietNam as I envisioned a movie i was living.

Comment

• rsquirell
                        Digital Video Master
                        Digital Video Master
                        • Feb 2003

Appearantly these vid links are only good for a week...so if you get one you wanna keep up better download it immediately.

Comment

• ormonde
                          Digital Video Explorer
                          • Dec 2003

I still have the one with the Ariel shots and Country Joe and the Fish music..............

Comment

• rsquirell
                            Digital Video Master
                            Digital Video Master
                            • Feb 2003

just imagine that music running through your head on a low level flight down the valley of death on an insertion into the jungle...

Comment

• ormonde
                              Digital Video Explorer
                              • Dec 2003

A good (or bad) trip, but without the chemicals............

Comment

• rsquirell
                                Digital Video Master
                                Digital Video Master
                                • Feb 2003

LOL...in Northern Ireland you can take that trip just motoring down the street.

Comment

Working...