Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Kinda know what you mean............I was in Shannon via London just last week.

Comment

• rsquirell
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Feb 2003

surreal...i had some friends in Iraq on a DOD contract and got worried yesterday when the atrocities at faluja happened...but my friend called from the Raleigh airport...he just got back and wasn't in that convoy.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

Lucy Guy..........The insurgents are getting bolder in their attacks.

Comment

• rsquirell
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Feb 2003

Well....that security firm has 4 openings...think i'll check out that high paying contract job. lol

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

Last I heard, it was $350 to $1000 a day, I guess depending on how much risk is involved, but it seems people are lining up to get in on it.

Comment

• rsquirell
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Feb 2003

It's not that good...talking to my friend...I mentioned they had the bios of all those guys on routers...theyre all ex-SEALs under 40....my friend is older than me...he says they're all clowns. They may be athletes...but when the sh*t hits the fan they're they're cowering behind their rucksacks. They have no combat experieence...real combat experience...and can't read battlefield situations. I told him I might apply to that Blackwater group, since they have opening...and he tells me his group has openings...but if the guys don't know you forget it. You gain a rep in the biz...and if you haven't been in the sh*t they don't want to even discuss it with you.

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

Blackwater Group..........isn't that the firm that has been hired to protect Bremer and the entire CPA?

Comment

• rsquirell
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Feb 2003

Appearently there are several competing contractors...all with strictly DOD direction...and with no ties to intelligence agencies that may have been compromised during the Clinton era.

Comment

• rsquirell
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Feb 2003

vacation....http://www.yousendit.com/download.as...AFD6A1C46F6C12 It's over 200MB and took me 15 minutes to download at roadrunner speed...but ormonde and quality proof might find it worth the wait.
                    Last edited by rsquirell; 9 Apr 2004, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• ormonde
                      Digital Video Explorer
                      • Dec 2003

I look forward to trying it tonight when I get home............

Comment

• rsquirell
                        Digital Video Master
                        Digital Video Master
                        • Feb 2003

I wrote a script so I wouldn't be grasping for words...and now it looks more like a documentary http://www.yousendit.com/download.as...AB7F30931F2266 I think I'll send it to the History Channel, lol

Comment

• ormonde
                          Digital Video Explorer
                          • Dec 2003

Hi rsquirell:

Unfortunately, it pauses and drops out every couple of seconds. I would really love to see the whole thing because I've been to Helsinki a number of times. BTW-I ended up getting a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-250 for capturing from cable. So far, it's worked really well (wish it was able to get the digital stations), but I've recorded a lot of recent History Channel documentaries lately. (The assassination of RFK was the last one a got)

Comment

• rsquirell
                            Digital Video Master
                            Digital Video Master
                            • Feb 2003

I got the LBJ killed JFK conspiracy one they ran during JFK week last November. Thought RFK was pretty cut and dried. They have a lot of good stuff. Helsinki is just 90 miles from St. Petersburg...nowadays tourism is allowed with Russia...but you need a Visa (which usually takes a month to get approved from the time they get the application.) They still don't mark passports as a rule ( during the old days marking passports would give away their agents)....but if you ask they'll stamp your passport now. Oh, and unless you have a translator, you'll need to learn a little russian....few ordinary russians speak english. You can usually get away with english in the rest of europe...but not in russia. I just downloaded to check it out...it plays fine...get the latest Version of Quicktime.
                            Last edited by rsquirell; 12 Apr 2004, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• ormonde
                              Digital Video Explorer
                              • Dec 2003

"I got the LBJ killed JFK conspiracy one they ran during JFK week last November."

I've got the most recent History Channel one on the Crusades. I think I'll be making a trip in the near future to St. Petersburg. My significant other has relatives in Murmansk (an Uncle in the military-submarines). It’s been one of my dreams to see the Hermitage Museum.

Comment

• rsquirell
                                Digital Video Master
                                Digital Video Master
                                • Feb 2003

yep....it's neat. Also, don't miss peter's palace. Lotsa neat things to see and do there....but the food sucks. They have a burger king-style restaurant "Big Carolina"...and I never could get my friends to understand it was a russian brand....they were all sure it was an american chain. I couldn't find any place in St. Petersburg that served steak. Get the latest Quicktime version.
                                Last edited by rsquirell; 12 Apr 2004, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Working...