X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

Ormonde...it begins...man, can I predict the future! If you ever got the vid to play I'll make another of a montage of things to see in St. Petersburg (winter Palace, Peter's palace, various churches, canals, fountains.) It's really a beautiful city.
    Attached Files

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

To rsquirell:

I'll look forward to it...........Regarding Kerry: I certainly don't keep up with talk radio, but the article is probably an accurate account of what took place. The campaign rhetoric has been a bit calm lately because so much attention is being given to what’s been happening in Fallujah and now Najaf, but it will obviously heat up very soon.

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

Here it is...with no commentary.The Hermitage is located in the far right wing (when viewed from the river) of the Winter Palace (the green and white building). The garden you see was created inside on the roof....you are on the second floor. You end up at Peter's Palace (Peotr Hof).http://www.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=D...DF2A8CF27FC60F it's 375MB...a long download.

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

Hi rsquirell:

I tried downloading it a couple of times, but it was unsuccessful each time. If I try to play it as a streaming video, it is very choppy and hesitates badly. I have broadband (cable modem), but I think it is the throughput on the other end that is the problem. Maybe you can convert to Divx and get the file size down to 150 MB or so.

Comment

• rsquirell
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Feb 2003

Except for a couple of places where the audio faded out, it worked ok for me. Here's the DivX version....http://www.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=7...95019162531478

Comment

• rsquirell
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Feb 2003

Apparently it doesn't like either the DivX or the AVI...when I try to download WMP pops up immediately and tries to play it without downloading it from the site. Why don't you see if you can post a DivX that'll work...My Dr DivX trial is good for another 2 weeks. I tried downloading the prior VCD MPEG1 version I originally posted...and this time the audio worked well throughout. If you can get a DivX working I'll try remaking mine...and will repost.

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

"when I try to download WMP pops up immediately and tries to play it without downloading it from the site"

What I do is right-click on the link and "Save Target As". That will download the file to your HD independently. I'll post the RFK Assassination special from Discovery Channel later this evening. I just converted it to Mpeg 1 and compressed the file even further with "ReJig" so I got the filesize down to a little over 300 MB (for 43 minutes worth of video). I'll try and get your Divx file later on and let you know if I was successful.

Comment

• rsquirell
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Feb 2003

Hey.....That Works!!!! And I can use BS Player to watch it! It took 15 minutes to download the 165MB file. I'll DivX the other 2 and repost them, too. Have you been following the news? It appears the Jordanians intercepted a car packed with Saddam's WMD driven by AlQaeda people coming from Syria.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• ormonde
                    Digital Video Explorer
                    • Dec 2003

rsquirell.........I was able to download it with no problems, however, I played a little of it on Quicktime (I'm on a Mac at the moment) and there was no audio. Was the audio VBR Mp3? If so, then that's the problem as Quicktime (ver 5) seems to be incompatible was VBR Mp3. Anyway, I shouldn't have any problems on my system. BTW-excellent camera work!

Comment

• rsquirell
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Feb 2003

Checking GSpot...appearantly Dr DivX did convert it to "0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG1 Layer 3" but it's also listed as "64kb/s (32/ch, stereo) CBR". The 2 audio codecs i have that are compatible are 1) Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec (advanced) and (2) MPEG Layer-3 Decoder. it plays great on XP with BS Player. BTW...the white house in the middle of the pond was where Catherine the Great had dinner parties for her guards on the second floor.After dinner the cooks on the first floor would crank the table down flush with the floor above before they departed. Oh...and the DivX to me looks a tad blurry compared to the VCD.
                      Last edited by rsquirell; 23 Apr 2004, 04:59 AM.

Comment

• ormonde
                        Digital Video Explorer
                        • Dec 2003

Yeah, I finally was able to load it into GSpot and saw the same thing. It plays well on WMP. (although I mainly use Divx Player for AVIs/Divx/Xvid). I'll post the RFK thing later.

"Catherine the Great had dinner parties for her guards on the second floor."

And she had them killed after sexual favors were performed......

Comment

• rsquirell
                          Digital Video Master
                          Digital Video Master
                          • Feb 2003

Didn't hear about the killing part....did hear of the horsey part...

Comment

• ormonde
                            Digital Video Explorer
                            • Dec 2003

Yeah, that's pretty notorious...........(the guards and the horsey part)

Comment

• rsquirell
                              Digital Video Master
                              Digital Video Master
                              • Feb 2003

a small DviX for the International University http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=6...A74BF48E254019
                              Attached Files

Comment

• BoF
                                • Nov 2001

rsquirell you overload the yousendit service: they now have to use at least 11 servers
                                [www.scandiumrecords.com][Logan dataspirit]

Comment

Working...