What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
    too bad what happened to brandon, his son. still remember hearing about that like it was yesterday.
    I like his film The Crow a lot and just bought the DVD as it was on sale. It proves stunt weapons can still be dangerous.

His Rapid Fire and Showdown in Little Tokyo are a kind of guilty pleasures of mine.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

nwg

i should check out the crow again too, i recall liking it but don't remember all the deatils.

BTW: you said you haven't seen the other 4 texas chainsaw movies, but you must have seen the original according to your post. but i will advise this; part 2 is the CRAPIEST MOVIE I HAVE SEEN THIS YEAR. the damn thing got me bloody mad, steady screaming from this caroline williams girl.....i don't even want to type about it. part 3 was a tad cheap, but still pretty good. worth the watch. part 4 (the next generation) same category as part 2 PURE CRAP. how anyone can watch this is beyond me. i didn't even finish it. when i go back to blockbuster they will see those 2 movies sail across the room!

bottom line....whatever you do, keep away from part 2 and 4. i'll say again too the 2003 is actually quite good for this type of movie. and i see they are making a 2006 one right now too, and it sounds dumb
      Last edited by LT. Columbo; 1 Jan 2006, 09:22 AM.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

I have only seen the original and the remake. I have stayed away from the others. Isn't Dennis Hopper in the second one?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

he sure is. i don't blame him. he just did it for the money. he buys 3 chainsaws and tries to cut the cave beams down--screaming like a fool. so ridiculous
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• nwg
            Left *****
            • Jun 2003

My New Years Recommendation

Has anyone seen the film Wasabi with Jean Reno (Leon/Professional. Ronin, Godzilla). I just watched it for the second time and forgot how good and fun it is to watch.

He is a cop that discovers he has a Japanese daughter and goes out to Japan to see her. The film is a mixture of a bit comedy and some action while he is getting to know her. There are a couple of standout scenes that make it memorable.

It is a French film with subtitles and written by Luc Besson.

Last edited by nwg; 2 Jan 2006, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• BR7
              He is coming to your little town!
              • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
              he sure is. i don't blame him. he just did it for the money. he buys 3 chainsaws and tries to cut the cave beams down--screaming like a fool. so ridiculous
              I thought that was the coolest part of the movie

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• kronos
                • Dec 2005

#1. Napolian Dynamite
                #2. Vampire Assassins
                #3. Dirty Shield

It seems as though all three of these movies only had the budget that got them a decent camera. The only good part about these movies besides the end of them was the fact that I didn't buy or rent them to view them, I seen them over at a friends house. whew.

Comment

• BR7
                  • Aug 2005

Who here is looking forward to seeing the movie <a href="http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film.php?3560">Hostel</a> I think this movie has potential and might be half way creepy I am going to try and see it this weekend if I do I will post a report about it

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

never heard of it. post a report too. also you or anyone else suggesting a horror category movie (no older than mid 70's ) would be appreciated. need to broaden my collection to suit all tastes, and horror is rather small. B movies welcome too
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

• BR7
                      • Aug 2005

I can't think of any off hand but I found this horror movie site a couple of weeks ago its pretty cool it lists a bunch of horror movies including B movies here is the <a href="http://www.horrormovies.com/?ref=3">Link</a> if you want to check it out

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• XJeepguy
                        • Dec 2005

Bewitched !

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by BR7
                          I can't think of any off hand but I found this horror movie site a couple of weeks ago its pretty cool it lists a bunch of horror movies including B movies here is the <a href="http://www.horrormovies.com/?ref=3">Link</a> if you want to check it out
                          looks like i might find something there. thanx BR7 i'll check it out tonight.

@xjeep

the trailer told me that, and there is 75 billion threads on this movie yet....
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

• jmet
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2002

I just watched "Wedding Crashers". I laughed so freaking hard, I was snorting! Amber said she has never seen my laugh like that before. I definitely recommend this movie for a good laugh!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

glad to hear it. i'll be seeing that one this weekend, from what i saw it got good reviews overall
                              Columbo moments...

Comment

• BR7
                                • Aug 2005

Just seen a good movie last night on The IFC Channel called <a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0325655/">Jian gui (The Eye)</a> it was very well done IMO and a bit scarey it made me jump a couple times this movie sucks you in and you feel for the female character which helps the movie scare you when it wants to. I am going to buy the DVD well worth it in my book
                                @LT
                                This may be one for you to check out
                                Last edited by BR7; 5 Jan 2006, 09:45 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Working...