Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tammie K
    • Sep 2010

Football pool rookie

Hi, I'm Greg's niece (actually his name is BUTCH). Been a football fanatic since Butch taught me the game when I was 13. So however I do this year, it's HIS fault!

Tammie

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by doctorhardware
      What about Cutler of the Chicago Bears, for the first time ever since being a Chicago Bears, no fumbles or no interceptions thrown.
      doc I was only referring to LOSING QB's Cutler and the Bears won

Tammie - if Uncle Butch taught you probably will kick butt like he does

josie - glad to see the Bronco's are still getting their monies worth from B. Dawk

Dan- I couldn't find my crystal ball but I'm gonna find it for week 3

Kabu _ I'll make sure to use the missing pick thingie from OP to remind everybody to make their pick too at least 2 days before the early game

Comment

• uufta
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Tammie K
        Hi, I'm Greg's niece (actually his name is BUTCH). Been a football fanatic since Butch taught me the game when I was 13. So however I do this year, it's HIS fault!

Tammie
        How dare you divulge that to the world actually folks, I am known as Butch to my family, and Greg to the everyone else...I was bestowed with that nickname from my brother "Moose" LOL, when I was three. So Tammie is in in deep sheet now... J/K sweetie

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

Well if the Vikings lose, which they shouldn't w/all that's at stake being 0-3, at least the Twinkies are in and may actually make some serious noise.

@ Dan I have no idea myself which way to go this week. It's nuts! Think this might actually be one year where I really consume the Pool as a fun activity no matter how competitive I am.

Have no idea about the Broncos, players or coach. Prolly another team that'll be a pita to make picks for.

@ JM Please do use that missing picks reminder. Too early for a mulligan and definitely with how the season's panning out, we need all the straight plays as possible.

@ Kabu You're in for a very long season sweetheart. The Niner's are in the NFC, so at least there's still some real contenders to root for should things get really miserable. Lol...

Hi Greg. I always had a habit of calling others by their real name, even if they had a nick. So Greg's just fine to me. Big gap from Greg to Butch though. Long story? Lol...

Good luck to all of us, I think we're going to need it this season.
          SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• jm1647
            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by dr_ml422

@ JM Please do use that missing picks reminder. Too early for a mulligan and definitely with how the season's panning out, we need all the straight plays as possible.
            Used the missing pick routine again. If u didn't get an email ur picks are in. Email sent to 1 person from the site.

dr - remember no mulligans - a week of missed picks = weekly low score - 2 points - miss the early in the week game(s) = 0, nada, goose egg

Like Maynard G. Krebs usta say "Work! (Link is to a 47 second clip on youtube)
            I been retired for awhile and react just about the same way Maynard does about "Work!"

Comment

• josie
              • Aug 2006

Good luck to all this week 3 of FOOTBALL!

John - yes, we are happy to have "B-Dawk" in the ranks! Just love him! Him and Champ in the secondary! YEAH Baby!!! PS: I want to retire! Work! Yuck!!!

Greg/Butch - lol always love to get the scoop on my fellow "poolers"!!

Tammie - thanks for the inside info! lol I love to give "Butch" a hard time anyway!!

Crystal ball is all mine this week boys!!! I bought them all!!! And I'm not sharin!!! My "woman's intuition" is on the fritz!!! Maybe I need a "reboot"! lol
              Josie

Comment

• dr_ml422
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2007

That crystal ball didn't see that tie coming huh? Jeez! Looks like the G-Gurls aren't going anywhere either. Thnk God the Vikes won. Steelers always find a way it seems. Dallas pulled it off for their lives.

Ooops! I must be losing it a bit. Lol... Read the score wrong. Falcons pulled it off! I think I picked the Falcons too hopefully.

Congrats Uufta! That Jets game took me out. There was a blown call towards the end there, though that's spilled milk. They're not going anywhere anyway. Miami had them, and Indy looks stronger again. Let's see what next week brings. Good luck to all.
                Last edited by dr_ml422; 28 Sep 2010, 07:58 PM.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• uufta
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Dec 2005

Why is everone so quiet?? dont worry about catching me, last year I hit the wall and had to come from the bottom

This week games are even tougher than last weeks, gonna have to pick more long shots than ever.

@Mike..I really feel bad about the Packers loss on Monday

Unc
                  Last edited by uufta; 30 Sep 2010, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by uufta
                    Why is everone so quiet??
                    I dunno maybe or

Missing pick email sent to 4 people.

Good Luck to all in week 4

Comment

• uufta
                      Digital Video Expert
                      Digital Video Expert
                      • Dec 2005

I hope people dont mess up already But, I think this week is gonna suck big-time, if its time to hit the wall, its best to do it early.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • May 2007

I hope people dont mess up already But, I think this week is gonna suck big-time, if its time to hit the wall, its best to do it early.
                        Hi Greg. You mean mess up w/the picks as they've been so crazy to choose a winner? Or forgetting completely and missing out on a week of picks? It's been one helluva season already, I'm looking for some ease from here on. Can't even imagine playoff picks if like this.

Hey JM, you slacking off on posting the week's winner? Don't tell me my post was official enough. I'm definitely retired!
                        Last edited by dr_ml422; 2 Oct 2010, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • May 2007

Ok so I thought Baltimore might upset the Steelers, though I picked Pittsburgh. St. Louis though beating Seattle? The Eagles can't finish off McNabb and the Skins? Hopefully this will be my early hit from the wall!

You guys sleepin or what!

Comment

• Tammie K
                            • Sep 2010

More dirt

So get this: Butch is teaching me all about football and he says: "Just to keep it fun let's bet a buck a game, but I get to have the Vikes every week." And what happens? It's 1973 and the Vikes go 12-2. So for Xmas he says my present is I don't have to pay him! But I did learn alot about football and love love the game. I've been playing in fantasy football leagues for over 20 years, from back in the day when it was so new we had to figure the points from the Monday paper.

Comment

• uufta
                              Digital Video Expert
                              Digital Video Expert
                              • Dec 2005

Cleveland!!!!! WTF!!

@Doc .. What I am hoping is nobody misses a weeks picks, hard to catch up with this bunch..

@Tammie .. remember memories of a 13 yr old are real fuzzy and you being in your 70's makes it even harder..

Here comes Mike out of the bushes LOL,

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

Cleveland!!!!! WTF!!

@Doc .. What I am hoping is nobody misses a weeks picks, hard to catch up with this bunch..,
                                I'll give this week another Vick got sandwiched and left the game, Kolb looked like Kolb, The Iggle fans gave McNabb a nice welcome back to the Linc ( yeah we throw snow balls at Santa but not home town heroes) and then the defense gave up about 150 yards rushing, get a delay of game on 4th and goal and settle for a FG ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Andy has an eye for talent but poor clock management

This week woulda been a bad week to miss gettin in all picks - going into the MNF game, whoever missed gettin their picks in would get 3 points so far...remember low weekly score -2 is what is given if no picks are made. But 3 so far is better than nothing.

Originally Posted by Tammie K
                                So get this: Butch is teaching me all about football and he says: "Just to keep it fun let's bet a buck a game, but I get to have the Vikes every week." And what happens? It's 1973 and the Vikes go 12-2. So for Xmas he says my present is I don't have to pay him! But I did learn alot about football and love love the game. I've been playing in fantasy football leagues for over 20 years, from back in the day when it was so new we had to figure the points from the Monday paper.
                                I should get you, josie and Kabu to talk to my wife, she is hooked on them soaps and couldn't give a hoot about football!

Originally Posted by dr_ml422

Hey JM, you slacking off on posting the week's winner? Don't tell me my post was official enough. I'm definitely retired!

I've been updating the OP site admin message that is seen on the login screen on the right side (think I forgot to hit save for week 2 though ) and forgot to post here but it don't matter who does it.
                                Here it is for week 4 so far....

Another crazy week!

Going into the MNF game Mike is in the lead with 9 right. If NE wins the MNF game Mike wins week 4

If MIA wins the MNF game we gotta use the tie breaker again this week

josie - I picked agaiinst Denver but was glad to see Buck get that touchdown

Was also glad to see TO get 10 for 222 yards but sad to see CIN lose the game

Good Luck to all!!!
                                Last edited by jm1647; 4 Oct 2010, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...