Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Mike L, welcome to the pool! Your first picks in another crrraaazy week and your 8-5 going into the MNF game. You got a point spot of 15 for each of the first 4 weeks lowly score -2 for not making picks the first 4 weeks. To make things interesting for ya in the regular season I'll also declare a winner with the highest correct % of game picks in addition to the highest point score for the regular season. Right now your 8-5, around 61%

So for this year we'll wind up with a regular season point winner, a regular season high % right picks made winner, a playoff games winner, a Super Bowl winner (a combination of the SB game and 22 proposition bets) and the overall combined points winner and if my brain holds out an overall high % picks right winner.

josie is in the lead going into MNF with 9 right and the only one with a shot of getting a double digit score this week. Both Mikes have 8 right and we could be using the tie breakers again this week.

Look out everybody I think josie's woman's intuition kicked in.

Good luck to the 3 of ya!

A lil BB note - $$$$ swept their DS games in the AL and NL and are moving on to the CS
    Last edited by jm1647; 12 Oct 2010, 03:06 AM.

Comment

• jm1647
      • Apr 2005

Congrats to josie for winning week 5!

josie got 10 picks right (only one to get double digits right, everybody else 8 or less) and 1 point for winning the week for a total weekly score of 11 points.

Crazy weather and a crazy game is all I can say.

uufta is still at the top with a 4 point lead!!!

Everybody be sure to make the week 6 picks

Good Luck to all!!!

Comment

• uufta
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Dec 2005

Looks like I will stop reminding Josie to make her picks this week

A BIG WELCOME!! TO THE MOUNTAIN MAN (Mikey)
        Glad to see your signal is finally reaching us...LOLOL

I am slowly dropping back to the pack, Deja Vu all over again
        think I will go down the list and some time with Kabu for a while,
        then we will sneak up on you guys later.

@JM...who's QB for the Iggles this week?????
        Last edited by uufta; 14 Oct 2010, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

@ uufta Thnx for reminding Josie to make her/his picks! Woman's intuition? Another myth sold to the masses throughout history. Those 2 xtra games were totally clueless like the whole season so far. What next? 49'ers sweep the rest of the season?

@JM Btw $$$ didn't win the DS games in the AL. We swept the Twinkies with our 2nd if not 3rd tier players, albeit that Text message in the upper deck in right. Wait till A-Rod and Jeter wake up, that's when the $$$ really kicks in.

Rangers are done! Lee can't pitch 1st or 2nd game, and is going against Petite in the 3rd. We could sweep the Rangers.

That Phillies/Giants Series should be interesting. Now that's something to watch.

Freakin Favre and that stupid controversy if indeed it played a part in Monday's loss. For the life of me I can't have any faith in the Jets no matter what. Lets see what they do against the Patriots etc...

@ Dan Root more against the G-Men if they continue to play that way? We're NFC guys no? If you do you'll lose at least one game every week, and maybe even the SB. Lol...

Iggles ain't going anywhere no matter who's the QB, if indeed they have one. Vick's not a QB. Falcon's want their $$$ back and Barnum and Bailey isn't what it used to be. Iggles shoulda picked up TO and Moss complete the NFL package deal. What a joke.
          SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• josie
            • Aug 2006

Lol

@ uufta - Aw, Greg! I purposely wait so you'll call!! lol If you should fall down the ranks, would love the visit, as I'm sure Kabu and others would too!

@ jm1647 - Thanks John! Hoping the "reboot" of that good ole woman's intuition holds! lol As for the calculations for the pool, I can think of no one better to accomplish it than our notorious leader! PS Who is your QB? lol

@doctor - All myth has a bases in truth, if you know where to look.

Just want to say welcome to Mike! Sorry, it's a bit late.
            Here's to another week of crazy football!! Gotta love it!!
            Josie

Comment

• dr_ml422
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2007

Great I woke you up! Knew something had to give. I do believe in woman's manipulation, or rather intuition, excuse me. Your good Josie, though flattery and patronizing finish at some point.

JM is very much cut out for anything concerning the pool, he wouldn't volunteer otherwise.

Yes, congrats Mike and welcome as well. I got confused and thought we just aquired another new player. Didn't catch that you had joined since the beginning, though I did see Mike posted as such. This is a crazy season. Whoever pulls this off at the end has very much made excellent picks. As of now I have no clue as to who will be part of the Big Dance. Time will tell as always.

JM Not for nothing, but who is your QB for real? Any quick aquisitions we didn't hear about? Inquiring minds want to know. Lol...

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

My responses are in green

Originally Posted by dr_ml422

Yes, congrats Mike and welcome as well. I got confused and thought we just aquired another new player. Didn't catch that you had joined since the beginning, though I did see Mike posted as such. This is a crazy season. Whoever pulls this off at the end has very much made excellent picks. As of now I have no clue as to who will be part of the Big Dance. Time will tell as always.

We do have 2 Mikes , Mike DVF joined at the beginning, Mike L joined for wk5

JM Not for nothing, but who is your QB for real? Any quick aquisitions we didn't hear about? Inquiring minds want to know. Lol...
                Only the shadow knows...Vick said don't count him out for Wk5

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
                @JM Btw $$$ didn't win the DS games in the AL. We swept the Twinkies with our 2nd if not 3rd tier players, albeit that Text message in the upper deck in right. Wait till A-Rod and Jeter wake up, that's when the $$$ really kicks in.

Money team not players...$109M of non pitchers either scored, got a BB or RBI's and Thames looks like a steal listed @ $900K
                $50M of pitchers pitched in game 1...looks like about $159M total to me, more than any other team except the Boston Red Sox @ 160,913,333. Probably around the same for Games 2 & 3, but didn't look

@ Dan Root more against the G-Men if they continue to play that way? We're NFC guys no? If you do you'll lose at least one game every week, and maybe even the SB. Lol...

Back in September you said both the G-Gurls(as you called them) and the Yanks weren't going any where. Your feet gotta hurt (if that is what u land on) from jumping on and off the NY teams train

Iggles ain't going anywhere no matter who's the QB, if indeed they have one. Vick's not a QB. Falcon's want their $$$ back and Barnum and Bailey isn't what it used to be. Iggles shoulda picked up TO and Moss complete the NFL package deal. What a joke.
                dr - remember it ain't over 'til its over. Vick and Kolb both have a QB rating higher than "The Other Manning". If I had my choice of 2 QB's who played so far with a higher QB rating (#1 Tom Brady 109.0
                #2 M. Vick 108.8
                #19 K. Kolb 84.2
                #20 Eli MAnning 83.1) and do a whole lot better job of not turning the ball over, Eagles Vick & Kolb - 3W-2L 8TD-1INT 6Fumbles-1Lost Total Turnovers by QB's 2. "The Other Manning" 3W-2L 8TD-8INT 3Fumbles-2Lost Total Turnovers by QB 10, I'd take Vick's and Kolb's overall play so far

In the show you left out Ochocinco...What a show that would be Vick in @QB, throwing to TO (#2 alltime and #1active in receiving yards) Moss (#5 alltime and #2 active in receiving yards) and Ocho (30 alltime and #7 active in receiving yards). But I am happy with Jackson, Macklin, and Avant, even though it looked like Avant was playing volleyball on that Kolb pass he dropped in the end zone.

Originally Posted by josie
                @ jm1647 - Thanks John! Hoping the "reboot" of that good ole woman's intuition holds!.... lol
                josie week 5 u had some nice picks! I'm breaking out the magic 8ball, lucky quarter, chicken bones and crystal ball for week 6.
                5 weeks in, 4 different winners so far and uufta still leading the pack

Good luck to all in week 6

Comment

• Kabuchan
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  • Apr 2006

Originally Posted by josie
                  @ uufta - Aw, Greg! I purposely wait so you'll call!! lol If you should fall down the ranks, would love the visit, as I'm sure Kabu and others would too!
                  LMAO ... I get the reminder calls too ...

I make my picks on Thursdays after I have had 2 glasses of wine. This way if I pick well, all is good. If I don't, I can blame the wine ...

BTW ... I am using uufta's system this week ...
                  That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• uufta
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Kabuchan
                    LMAO ... I get the reminder calls too ...

BTW ... I am using uufta's system this week ...

OOPS! I forgot to tell you Kabu, I changed my system,

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

Missing pick message sent again to 1 person from site. Get them picks in!

How about them Yanks, Down 5-0, Cano's HR in the 7th started a spark, Gardner's run to first in the 8th, with flames shootin' out his pooper started a fire in the Yanks dugout! 5 more runs in the 8th. Heart, hustle and the "it ain't over til it's over" attitude works nice. Well done to the Yanks!! Heard on the news they had 48 come from behind wins in the regular season and 3 so far in the playoffs. I only seen the 1 last night. Was a sight to see.

Good Luck to all in week 6

Comment

• dr_ml422
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • May 2007

Sweep might be coming!

Originally Posted by jm1647
                        Missing pick message sent again to 1 person from site. Get them picks in!

How about them Yanks, Down 5-0, Cano's HR in the 7th started a spark, Gardner's run to first in the 8th, with flames shootin' out his pooper started a fire in the Yanks dugout! 5 more runs in the 8th. Heart, hustle and the "it ain't over til it's over" attitude works nice. Well done to the Yanks!! Heard on the news they had 48 come from behind wins in the regular season and 3 so far in the playoffs. I only seen the 1 last night. Was a sight to see.

Good Luck to all in week 6
                        @JM I land on my feet all the time. I'm a fan not a fanatic. In September both the G-Men and Yanks looked not so good. I keep it real, so imo they deserved to be called G-Gurls and the Yanks had reason for concern.

It's not over till it's over, though I feel we ripped the heart outta Texas last night, and if we win tonite, which looks good, I'm thinking sweep!

QB ratings don't win Super Bowls JM, you know that. Look at Big Cry Baby Ben, he had the worse QB rating in SB History in that 1st win, if barely a rating at that. I'd still take the other Manning. He beat Brady in the SB, and Kolb and Vick have done nothing at all, and prolly never will. Those are facts. Would you have McNabb back just because the Skins are winning? I wouldn't. He needed to go and that's that.

It's all good. I'll put my picks in. Good luck to all.
                        @ Kabu You're going to need that wine to blame w/your 49'ers this season, or is it whine!

They told me a while back the difference between a winner and a whiner was the emphasis on the i. Lol...

P.S. At least the Giants might make some noise against Philly, though Philly are the favorites.

Comment

• josie
                          • Aug 2006

I love wine!

@ Kabuchan - I love wine! Hmmm....new "pick" aide! I'm all for it! LOL We'll leave the whine to others.
                          @ doctor - Yes, I'm awake! And thanks for the compliment "Step into my parlor..." LOL

@uufta - New system? You were doing so well with the old one!!! Men! LOL

Well, another great weekend so far. Need to get ready to head into work. Enjoy the rest of the games for me!
                          Josie

Comment

• Kabuchan
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            • Apr 2006

@ uufta ... love the system!
                            @ josie ... wine is good for any occasion ...
                            @ dr ... the niners were bound to win at least one game ... I don't whine about them, just wish they would get their act together. PS ... I am rooting for the Giants too! I was raised in the Bay Area, I love them. Can't help myself ...
                            That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• uufta
                              Digital Video Expert
                              Digital Video Expert
                              • Dec 2005

THe Grand Pooba!!!!! is kicking butts, way to go JM, now next
                              week dont pick

My newest system is 2 Margaritas before making my picks, add 1 per/week until perfection is achieved

Comment

• dr_ml422
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • May 2007

Wow! What another week. Average right picks was 7 and JM took it this week w/10.

49'ers definitely had to win 1 game, and maybe it was this week against Oakland. Sad such a winning organisation has gone down like this. Usually management issues etc...

I'm going for the SF Giants, though it's going to be tough. Philly went all out and aquired all the big guns they needed to get back to the WS. Every pitcher's hittable though so let's see what transpires.

Have no idea who's in St. Louis though they're kicking butt! Could they be the sleeper?

We all picked Tenn. tonite except for JM and Kabu. Well JM's the winner no matter what I think, still be interesting to see if Jaguars pull this off.

Good luck to all, especially me. Lol... I have no clue who's/what's what this year.

Comment

Working...