• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

My responses in green again

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
    @JM I land on my feet all the time. I'm a fan not a fanatic. In September both the G-Men and Yanks looked not so good. I keep it real, so imo they deserved to be called G-Gurls and the Yanks had reason for concern.

I dunno after game 2 against the Rangers are you still on the Yankees train? And with the Rangers hitting and base stealing, even HOME so far the Yanks could be a reason for concern

Rangers had enuff runs to win the game after 2 outs in the second inning, Rangers at the end of 8 1/2 innings won 7-2

It's not over till it's over, though I feel we ripped the heart outta Texas last night, and if we win tonite, which looks good, I'm thinking sweep!

Time to put the broom away and this series could be a weep for the Yanks Game 1 was a squeeker for the Yanks and a blowout for the 4 Rangers

QB ratings don't win Super Bowls JM, you know that. Look at Big Cry Baby Ben, he had the worse QB rating in SB History in that 1st win, if barely a rating at that. I'd still take the other Manning. He beat Brady in the SB, and Kolb and Vick have done nothing at all, and prolly never will. Those are facts. Would you have McNabb back just because the Skins are winning? I wouldn't. He needed to go and that's that.

As the saying goes Defense wins championships, just like in SB XlII. The Giants Offense made some plays. TOM was the QB on the winning team who also got the MVP, had a nice opening drive for a FG, a nice 1st TD drive where Tyree scored but that 2nd and winning drive belongs to Bradshaw and the O line for the 4th and 1 run, and Tyree's jump ball helmet catch The MVP belonged to the Giants Defense. The D had 5 Sacks. Tuck had 2 sacks and 1 Forced Fumble, recovered by Osi, 9 hits on the QB and about a qazillion hurries and held the Pats to just 14 points. That year the Pats were the highest scoring team and 18-0

BB was the QB on a winning team also who went 9-21 123yds, sacked 1-8 yards and intercepted 2X , Willie Parker had a 85 yd rushing TD and handed of to Randle El who thru the pass to Hines when he scored

TOM beat Brady The offense scored....the defense beat Brady at his own game The Pats ran 48 passes and only 16 runs and the Big Blue defense was on fire

Kolb and Vick have done nothing....Vick is still changing the game after a 2 year layoff and is more of a QB thamn he ever was. The Eagles have changed him. Kolb ain't doimng bad at all and wil continue to get better. Sundays game showed that, he had his 3rd 300+ yard game, with DeSean Jackson out for 3 qtrs.

McNabb winning now, are you kidding, he always won, just not in the big games. 11 years with the Eagles, 5X NFC East Division Champ 2001 thru 2004 and 2006, 5X in the NFC Championship Game and 1 Super Bowl and NFC Wild Card in 2000, 2008,2009. Do I want him back, nah. I'm tickled pick with Vick and Kolb no matter who starts, the way they are both playing now, Like Reid says "It's a beautiful thing to have them both".

P.S. At least the Giants might make some noise against Philly, though Philly are the favorites.
    Game 1 was a squeeker for the Giants and a blowout for the Phillies

We have a potential tie for week 6 if the Titans win. If the Jags win, I win , if the Titans do, Dan wins having the Titans in the tie breaker.

uufta - remember "It ain't over til its over", Your still the Grand Poobah at the top
    Everybody get them week 7 picks in and good luck to all.
    Last edited by jm1647; 19 Oct 2010, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Too many stats no rings!

Jm you're a typical fan tha's used to losing so much that you get caught up in stats that are worthless in the whole context of things.

If Eli doesn't shrug and fight off those Patriot defenders he never throws and the Patriots win! Come on JM that was the best catch in NFL history bar none. Not even that Immaculate Reception can beat it.

Big Ben as you just pointed out did nothing in that SB.

5 NFC titles no Ring! McNabb just couldn't finish the job. Who cares about those titles? I know Philly Fans want a ring not a NFC Title.

Vick continues to change the Game? What running again? Give all of us a break JM. He's not a QB everyone knows that. Of course after a couple of years he's still in form. For Pete's sake he's still young and he did Fed time.

So is Jeter no good now that he can't hit a beachball for the life of it? Guess who has to go from the Eagles? Hmmm, let me see, Reid that's who. They threw everyone out except the one who ran it all.

The Phillies and any other team would take what you call a squeaker. The freak out pitched DOC that's a fact. Sooner or later the best get hit JM you know that.

As far as the tie breaker goes for the pool, I thought we had to also get the correct score no? Let us know cause I'm thrown off by this tie and winning thing according to tonite's game.

It's all good JM. I constantly get the same replies more or less from the Mets fans here. You really want to get into it, just start a simple talk w/one of them and you'll see.

Lee's pitching a no-hitter I think as I type.

Yes I'm still w/the Yanks JM. a 2-1 lead is nothing. We took care of the Braves down 0-2 and the Red Sox put us out 0-3. It's not over like you said.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• jm1647
        • Apr 2005

Been busy and had a lot to respond to. My rant to your rant is in green

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
        Jm you're a typical fan tha's used to losing so much that you get caught up in stats that are worthless in the whole context of things.

I'm used to losing and winning. Happens to the best. Stats worthless? What stats?

I don't keep stats the NFL does. The whole context of what things?

If Eli doesn't shrug and fight off those Patriot defenders he never throws and the Patriots win!

Come on JM that was the best catch in NFL history bar none. Not even that Immaculate Reception can beat it!
        First off I was glad to see the Giants win. I'm NFC East all the way, Eagles first then the Cowboys, Redskins and Giants. In any order if they are in the playoffs and SB, then any other NFC team.
        A buncha ifs in that game. If Jacobs don't get the first down on 4-1, Eli never throws, If the defense didn't hold the Patriots to 14 points, and thats an opinion held by a whole buncha people, Giants fans too. If there ain't holding on that play, Eli winds up on his face and no pass, no catch on that play.

I agree a great catch, that is why I mentioned it. Best in NFL history? Again gimme a break. The Immaculate reception went for a winning TD. Another one, The first "Hail Mary Pass" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hail_Mary_pass Staubach made to Pearson who trapped the ball on his hip with 1 hand that went for what was the game winning TD. Did ya see Moss's 1 handed TD catch. And there are more great catches in NFL history.

Watch and listen to a knowledgeable and very proud Giants fan keeping it real about the game here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dGrInA1dpA

Big Ben as you just pointed out did nothing in that SB

No he did something he scored on a 1 yard run if you recall. I only posted his passing stats because you mentioned his rating which does not include rushing.

5 NFC titles no Ring! McNabb just couldn't finish the job. Who cares about those titles? I know Philly Fans want a ring not a NFC Title.

Is there an echo in here? About titles - What team or a fan of a team don't want team or fan don't want hem LOL Remember you have to win the Division to guarantee a trip to the playoffs. Then the Wild Card kicks in but there you have to win more than 11 other teams in the conference to get the first one. Only 5 Wild Cards have won the SB and the Giants were one of them. Division winners won all the rest

Vick continues to change the Game? What running again? Give all of us a break JM. He's not a QB everyone knows that. Of course after a couple of years he's still in form. For Pete's sake he's still young and he did Fed time.

Shoulda been changing the game he plays, or changing his game. Fingers didn't finish typing what the brain was thinking. He has changed as you might have seen if you watched any Eagles games....Most of the time he looks to pass first now unless it's a called play for him to run...something the Eagles instilled in him. He didn't invent the running QB. Does Rodger Staubach, Fran Tarkenton, steve Youg to name a few ring a bell.

Not a QB? First overall pick in his draft year. If he had become a free agent with the Falcons there would have been a bidding war to get him. Another break from u needed here. he's a helluva athlete. Vick wasn't a BB player neither but Vick was drafted in the 30th round of the 2000 MLB Draft by the Colorado Rockies for the OF.

Young OK... still in form OK . :wtf does Fed Time have to do with anything...let it go, regardless of where he was he didn't play in the NFL in 07 and 08.

The Phillies and any other team would take what you call a squeaker. The freak out pitched DOC that's a fact. Sooner or later the best get hit JM you know that.

Yup nothing wrong with winning a squeeker(a close game with an eek in it). You don't like to win close games? Yup doc got hit and the freak's team scored more than doc's team. Another yup for the pitcher getting hit sometimes even by the not so best of hitters. Happens all the time

So is Jeter no good now that he can't hit a beachball for the life of it? Guess who has to go from the Eagles? Hmmm, let me see, Reid that's who. They threw everyone out except the one who ran it all.

Jeter's no good and can't hit a beachball.....You mentioned that not me.

Replace Reid...Hmmmm And replace him with who?? I don't think Reid is going anywhere soon. He's having a good year so far even with everything that has happened

Yup nothing wrong with winning a squeeker (a close game with the eek in it). You don't like to win close games? Yup doc got hit and the freak's team scored more than doc's team. Another yup for the best getting hit even by the not so best of hitters. Happens all the time. And I never mentioned anybody being the best

As far as the tie breaker goes for the pool, I thought we had to also get the correct score no?

Let us know cause I'm thrown off by this tie and winning thing according to tonite's game.

Whatever game is set as the tie breaker for the week determines the weekly winner if a tie. If at the end players have the same number of picks right we use the tie breakers. Tie breaker precedence as on the site pick page except for using the "closest to" is Game winner first, if the same then closest to the total score , if the same then the closest to the away team score then closest to the home team score. I had 10 right going into MNF and picked JAX, who lost and left me @ 10 right. Dan had 9 right going into MNF and picked TEN who won which gave him 10 right also. The first tie breaker is the winning team which Dan had so he gets 1 point extra for the week

It's all good JM. I constantly get the same replies more or less from the Mets fans here. You really want to get into it, just start a simple talk w/one of them and you'll see.

I never mentioned anything about other teams or players being bad , including the entire roster of the Yanks and Giants I Just posted some facts and stats. Your the one always doing the bad mouthing. Should I call the Yankees Yankers if they lose like you called the Twins Twinkies?

Get into what with who??

Met fans? I have no reason to start any talk with them at this time. If I did, it would be facts and stats

Lee's pitching a no-hitter I think as I type.
        Lee didn't get it as you know, it is very hard to get especially in the postseason. Doc is what 1 of 2 to do it?

Yes I'm still w/the Yanks JM. a 2-1 lead is nothing. We took care of the Braves down 0-2 and the Red Sox put us out 0-3. It's not over like you said.

Glad to hear your still on the Yanks train. The Yanks are now down 3-2 , the Phillies are down 3-1 Again IAOTIO. Chill dude, relax, enjoy the games because that is all they are games. Now if the losing team fans had to give up their first born or something it would be a different story
        to Dan for winning week 6 with ten right and the right pick for the winning team in the tie breaker for a total of 11 points.

Everybody don't forget to get in the week 7 picks!

Good Luck to all !

Comment

• uufta
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Dec 2005

OOPS!! Way to go Dan
          (Not the last time I will be premature)Happens much to often LOLOL

@dr...Yanks are sucking, dont know if all that money can win two more away games

Comment

• Dan
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by uufta
            OOPS!! Way to go Dan

@dr...Yanks are sucking, dont know if all that money can win two more away games
            what? who me? You and dr aren't the only ones that thought jm won the week, but I'll take it and I need it bad,lol.

Good luck to all this week!

Comment

• jm1647
              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Dan
              what? who me? You and dr aren't the only ones that thought jm won the week, but I'll take it and I need it bad,lol.

Good luck to all this week!
              Tie breakers....who ever put that in... DUH never mind it was me just trying to have 1 winner a week and overall. Ties are nice with a suit but no where else

Originally Posted by uufta
              OOPS!! Way to go Dan

$$$$ swept the DS but the Rangers and Giants were up 3-1, now are up 3-2 and have their league $$$$ team with their hands full and backs to the wall. Game 6 Yankees play tonight and the Phillies on Saturday. Can the $$$$ teams win the CS...only "the Shadow knows" maybe. IAOTIO for all

$$$$ ranking and team record for the NFL after week 6. Hopefully no typos, if so to me and lemme know

The NFL after week 6
              2010 NFL Teams Total Payroll from http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Sports/nfl-salaries.php

Record from http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings

1 Oakland Raiders Team Salaries $152,389,371 2-4 AFCW
              2 Dallas Cowboys Team Salaries $146,401,600 1-4 NFCE
              3 Minnesota Vikings Team Salaries $133,354,045 2-3 NFCN
              4 Cleveland Browns Team Salaries $131,916,300 1-5 AFCN
              5 New Orleans Saints Team Salaries $131,531,820 4-2 NFCS
              6 Pittsburgh Steelers Team Salaries $128,815,061 4-1 AFCN
              7 Tennessee Titans Team Salaries $126,017,443 4-2 AFCS
              8 Arizona Cardinals Team Salaries $122,110,110 3-2 NFCW
              9 Jacksonville Jaguars Team Salaries $122,109,207 3-3 AFCS
              10 Chicago Bears Team Salaries $120,065,819 4-2 NFCN
              11 San Francisco 49ers Team Salari $118,766,239 1-5 NFCW
              12 New York Jets Team Salaries $116,910,097 5-1 AFCE
              13 St. Louis Rams Team Salaries $116,677,660 3-3 NFCW
              14 New York Giants Team Salaries $115,816,180 4-2 NFCE
              15 Miami Dolphins Team Salaries $114,649,660 3-2 AFCE
              16 Buffalo Bills Team Salaries $113,364,927 0-5 AFCE
              17 Carolina Panthers Team Salaries $112,114,711 0-5 NFCS
              18 Washington Redskins Team Sal $111,963,684 3-3 NFCE
              19 San Diego Chargers Team Salaries $111,813,340 2-4 AFCW
              20 Philadelphia Eagles Team Salaries $109,557,398 4-2 NFCE
              21 Cincinnati Bengals Team Salaries $109,727,880 2-3 AFCN
              22 Houston Texans Team Salaries $108,445,418 4-2 AFCS
              23 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Salaries $104,329,311 3-2 NFCS
              24 Seattle Seahawks Team Salaries $102,985,710 3-2 NFCW
              25 Atlanta Falcons Team Salaries $96,391,525 4-2 NFCS
              26 Detroit Lions Team Salaries $95,827,117 1-5 NFCN
              27 Denver Broncos Team Salaries $95,599,778 2-4 AFCW
              28 Green Bay Packers Team Salaries $94,018,300 3-3 NFCN
              29 Indianapolis Colts Team Salaries $93,373,915 4-2 AFCS
              30 New England Patriots Team Salaries $92,734,120 4-1 AFCE
              31 Baltimore Ravens Team Salaries $90,713,965 4-2 AFCN
              32 Kansas City Chiefs Team Salaries $83,623,776 3-2 AFCW

In all sports $$$$ gets talent. Talent should win but lesser paid teams have performed better than higher paid teams, some owners can and do spend money, some owners can't or won't. And as we all know sh1t happens. Teams don't perform or are out performed by other teams, crazy ball bounces, turnovers etc.

More $$$$ - The NFL owners if a lockout, won't provide health coverage for players and their families.

And the new rule for stopping violent hits seems OK to me. More than 1 way to stop a play with out trying to knock a guys head off.

Enuff for now
              Last edited by jm1647; 23 Oct 2010, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• Dan
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Dec 2005

I agree, it's better to have an all out winner in any competition than a redo or tie.
                Interesting to see the Ravens, Pats and Colts at the bottom since they are SB contenders. Nice to see the Giants are in the middle,lol.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2007

I did good. Finally got everyone awake some and going a lil more. Had to utilize the competitive banter rule. Lol...

$$$ might not help any of the 2 most wanted teams, though tonite we'll know about one of them.

Why is it that when the Yanks lose it's the $$$, and when they win it's also the $$$?

JM was very clear and correct. Some owners don't want to spend period. They all have $$$. You can't be a owner and not have $$$ to compete at least. I never believed in small market teams because they choose to be small market.

The $$$ debate/argument is old already and tbh has no place anymore, especially in MLB. There will never be a salary cap in MLB. Ever.

If the $$$ factor bothers anyone then send back the mandatory payouts teams like the Yanks, etc... chalk over to the so called small market teams every year.

Thnx for clarifying the tiebreaker JM.

Good luck to all.

Btw, I overheard someone calling the Twins the Twinkies, so actually it was a term of endearment floabw.

That's a good one JM about health coverage. For Pete's sake how much more do they want? This I have exactly nothing to say about whatsoever. It can and does get costly with serious illnesses so that's a fact no one can ignore.

I do believe that former NFL players should also get more for any of those injuries that they have been fighting about for a while now. The $$$ is there.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • May 2007

JM Thnx for letting us post a lil MLB stuff here. You could have suggested otherwise.

Wow, what a series. Rangers handled Yanks and that's it in a nutshell. The Giants/Phils matchup was great. Been a while since both sides had very good pitching, and despite very big names in Philly for hitting, the hitting was very good on both as well.

The Fat Lady is gargling for the next song. I'm watching this series. I like it. I also was blanked out for the ALCS because of TBS, I had to ditch cable, wasn't worth it and saving a bit more to actually pay more CC bills Lol...

That said I'm set w/Fox, though they might not be happy thinking about their ratings. Tough.

Ttytt, I'm actually very ok to see some different teams go at it. Hope all the others just open up those pockets and try to get with it. It's time. Actually, some have already and are in place to move to the next level next year. Look out for the Reds, Padres, Braves and Rays.

I made my picks for this week. Lets see if I at least win 1 week.

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

dr - yeah we went off topic quite a bit with the BB and money talk. The $$$$ thing can go on forever from both sides. Maybe you start another topic?

Back to Football and the pool

Cleveland over the Saints.....talk about ccccrrrraaazzzzzzyyyyyyyy I thought maybe the T.Ocho show or the Eagles would be the upsets this week but Cleveland 30-17 over the Saints

We got a 5 way tie going into the MNF game and 4 of u have NYG and 1 DAL. Good Luck to all of ya!

josie 8 NYG 41 17 24
                      Tammie 8 NYG 41 17 24
                      freak, football 8 NYG 45 21 24
                      MAC, MAGNUM 8 NYG 51 23 28

uufta 8 Dal 45 25 20

And if the NYG win and the final score is 41 with the 17 and 24 points we got a tie....hmmmmm gonna need more tie breakers in case the 4 we have already don't work......gotta think...need to use something on the OP site for the week. What do you think about replying "I'm in" in a weekly topic @ OP starting week 8 after your picks are made to use as a tie breaker, and who posts first breaks the 4 tie breakers tie? The site uses the hour, minute and second of a post/reply. Or any other ideas to break a tie if the 4 tie breakers we have already don't work?

If this week comes out in a tie, gonna give both a point this week.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • May 2007

I don't know about the "I'm in" because that means we all would have to be in a hurry to make our picks soon after the MNF game. For us on the east coast that's about 11pm or later. It's for fun so I'm just thinking that a rush to get that in is pushing it just a tad.

There should be something though because it's been so crazy this year there might just be a weekly tie.

How about Oakland scoring 57 or so points! That was nuts too.

How about just giving both players in a tie each a point if the 4 way breakers don't work, and the final winner at the end 1 xtra point for winning it all? The 2 tied players would still get a point and the ultimate winner still would win no matter what, even if they weren't 1 of the tie players? Let the others input some suggestions also.

To actually get the correct score for the 4 way tie breaker is so against the odds that both should get a point.

Comment

• Dan
                          Digital Video Master
                          Digital Video Master
                          • Dec 2005

congrats for winning week 7 dr, it was nice to see the Giants bash Romo around, guess the Boys won't have to worry about hosting the SB.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • May 2007

Originally Posted by Dan
                            congrats for winning week 7 dr, it was nice to see the Giants bash Romo around, guess the Boys won't have to worry about hosting the SB.
                            Thnx Dan. I didn't even know I won until now after checking my mail. We won't have to worry about Dallas for the whole year, and maybe more. After that quick start though, I said to myself, "Oh no not another crazy outcome!" They're done, put a fork in them. Lol...

Comment

• uufta
                              Digital Video Expert
                              Digital Video Expert
                              • Dec 2005

Congrats dr
                              The more people that win, seems to keep me floating on top dont seem to moving away much LOL

@JM that money list is a shocker, I KNOW the Vikes will shed a bunch of that next year..along with the coach I hope..

Comment

• uufta
                                Digital Video Expert
                                Digital Video Expert
                                • Dec 2005

@JOSIE...

Comment

Working...