Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zero G
    Next to Arch Stanton
    • Jan 2006

I use a Case Logic wallet for my backups. I was running out of storage room with all the jewel cases. I like the wallet solution, and it's quicker to find what I'm looking for.
    "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Derree
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Jul 2005

We have all the dvds on two bookcases in the family room and I can tell with a quick glance if any are out of place.. (the are in alphabetical order) The Mrs will play games with me sometimes and take one out or move them to see if I will notice...I always do....
      sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
      good
      -------------------------------------------

Comment

• Zero G
        Next to Arch Stanton
        • Jan 2006

I gave up on having any order when my boys entered the picture. Nobody ever owns up to taking anything or leaving things out of place. Kids are the biggest reason for me to back things up.
        "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by Zero G
          I use a Case Logic wallet for my backups. I was running out of storage room with all the jewel cases. I like the wallet solution, and it's quicker to find what I'm looking for.
          When I outgrew the 2 x 200 wallet and went to a third it took forever
          to reaarrange and keep alphatized, allowing space for additions,
          that's it, 500 give or take a few is enough. At 2 a week that's 5 yrs worth of entertainment. Series/sets like kung fu, deadwood and band of brothers get
          smaller wallets. Now I just need the winnebago!

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

Fellowes 240 CD spinner?

Fellowes used to make a 240 CD Spinner, particle board with veneer.
            The nice thing was they were assembled!! Pull 'em out of the
            box and stick little pads on the bottom plate and fill with jewel cases!!
            They sold for around $70 in the mid 1990s.

I can't find 'em anymore. Does anyone know if they still make 'em?

The 360 degree 4 sided wooden equivalents I see on the web are
            all assembly required!!! These things you could pick up by the top
            board even when they were full, to move to another spot. Not flimsy.
            Plus the shelves were already set up to stack the jewel cases flat,
            not edgewise. If I knew they'd stop makin' 'em I woulda' bought
            a dozen!! Dang!!

Comment

• gonwk
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

@ Raven ... you can use CaseLogic wallets or equivalents (you can get Rebates on other Brnad which are perfectly fine ... just feel the paper where your DVD blank will rub against ... if "Soft" then A-OK) just fine ... just do the following ...

1) Keep you Wallet case size to 208 or less (reason: Weight of the DVDs will warp each other over time).

2) If wnating to Zip them then put less than allotted 208. If unzipped then no problem.

3) Sotre them on their LEG ... meaning standing up ... don't pout 2, 3, or more wallets on top of each other and forget about them (reason: see #1).

4) Store in Dark & Normal Temp room ... in a Closet where is about 70 degrees (if swings to 78 in summer so what) ...

**5) Not related to STORING but as Important if not more ... USE Quality DVD Blank for you back-ups ... otherwise 6 months doen the line and after repeated use ... yoiu back-ups WILL deteriorate ... and if you scan them using NERO CDSpeed ... "ScanDisc" tab ... you will see "DAMAGED" or "BAD" sectors ...

G!

Comment

• gonwk
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Dec 2005

Hi Miles,

Do these help ...

스포츠 양방배팅 이란 많은 이들에게 이익을 창출하는 뛰어난 방법 중 하나로 손꼽힙니다. 그러나 이 방법을 효과적으로 활용하기 위해서는 전략적인 접근과 숙련된 기술이 필요합니다. 이 글에서는 스포츠 양방배팅에 대한 기본 개념부터 전문가 수준의 팁까지 제공하며

DollarDays offers the widest assortment of bulk quality products for charitable outreach efforts, storefronts, fundraisers and more! Save up to 70% off on wholesale school supplies, backpacks, blankets, socks, hygiene kits, personal care items, baby products, shoes and toys.

G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
                  Eclectician
                  • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by gonwk
                  Hi Miles,

Do these help ...

스포츠 양방배팅 이란 많은 이들에게 이익을 창출하는 뛰어난 방법 중 하나로 손꼽힙니다. 그러나 이 방법을 효과적으로 활용하기 위해서는 전략적인 접근과 숙련된 기술이 필요합니다. 이 글에서는 스포츠 양방배팅에 대한 기본 개념부터 전문가 수준의 팁까지 제공하며

DollarDays offers the widest assortment of bulk quality products for charitable outreach efforts, storefronts, fundraisers and more! Save up to 70% off on wholesale school supplies, backpacks, blankets, socks, hygiene kits, personal care items, baby products, shoes and toys.

G!
                  That's the kind of stuff I've been finding. Anything with good capacity seems to either require assembly or is over-priced or both!! Thanks for
                  lookin' tho'

Comment

• ed klein
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2004

Maybe not the cheapest, but works very well for DVD growth and very convenient.

Standard size CD cases, with front, back, spline pictures and identification
                    A to Z. Holds DVD5, DVD9, and future HD-DVD, Blu-Ray disks.

Stored in a large bookcase, space for 400+

Comment

• Experi-Mentor
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Nov 2004

i simply use/buy double or quad dvd cases.
                      this way, the original & the copy are in the same place, & no extra room is used

Comment

• jm1647
                        An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                        • Apr 2005

For the space saving I use the slim jewel cases, but I now put 2 DVDs in each. The last batch of 1300 I got at Staples, when they did the price boo boo on line, and got them for $2.49 a hundred

Comment

• gonwk
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Dec 2005

Hi there,

with jewel cases & other cases ... you guys must be running of wall space for storage!

G!

Comment

• NightTran
                            King of Digital Video
                            King of Digital Video
                            • Aug 2005

I am running out of room now I just store them in my external HD, no more burning and keep alphabet...
                            sigpic

Comment

• MilesAhead
                              Eclectician
                              • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by gonwk
                              Hi there,

with jewel cases & other cases ... you guys must be running of wall space for storage!

G!
                              I have these home-made bookcases I was going to throw away. Maybe I'll fix 'em up instead. If I bought new the assembly would prolly be as taxing as just fixin' these.

Comment

• gonwk
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • Dec 2005

Hi guys,

@ NT ... I actually thought about backing up on External Drives .. but it is more Costly ... versus just a Blank ... so I went with Blanks. I like HD because you can access them lot easier searching thru them and I can watch them on TV directly.
                                @ Miles ... looks like you need to add it to your "Honey Do List"!
                                G!

Comment

Working...