X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeyBK
    Digital Video Maniac
    • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by locoeng
    Spike TV had excellent free fights on last night for the UFC. If I had bet on the three big ones I would have lost money on all three and really all of them could have went either way except for one.

Mirko "Cro-Cop" vs. Cheik Kongo
    Matt Hamill vs. Micheal Bisping
    Quintin Jackson vs. Dan Henderson
    I really thought Cro-Cop and Henderson would've won fairly easily, but Kongo looked impressive (but so did Gonzaga...lol, maybe Cro-Cop isn't as good as he seemed at Pride?). I was also impressed by Quinton as well. As for the Hamill/Bisping fight, Hamill won in my opinion...
    MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
    Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
    ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
    XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
    Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
    Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
    *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
    *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• locoeng
      Who Farted?
      • Dec 2005

I agree totally Mikey, Kongo dominated Cro-Cop. I think Cro-Cop has looked a little worn out and frustrated his last few fights and wouldn't be suprised if he retires soon...he was already talking about retirement before he left pride because he couldn't capture the top prize.

As for the other two fights, I think Hamill/Bisping was pretty close and could have went either way. Hamill looks to have gassed in the last round and a little at the end of the second and if the stamina would have been there he could have won easily. I really think that fight could have gone either way. The same with Henderson/Jackson...both were impressive and I wouldn't have been suprised if it were a draw. It was one of those fights who I didn't really know who to root for because I like both fighters so much. I was really suprised that Henderson didn't dominate Jackson on the ground.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
      Walt Kelly

Comment

• locoeng
        Who Farted?
        • Dec 2005

Dredging up an old thread to talk about fighting

There has been a lot of action since we've last posted in this thread. Most recently Matt Hughes, once regarded as one of the best fighters in the sport, was dominated by a relatively unknown fighter Thiago Alves ( http://www.mmatko.com/matt-hughes-vs...ufc-85-bedlam/ ). Bisping is still looking strong as well.

There has been an uprising is other organizations too after the UFC gobbled up PRIDEFC. EliteXC, a Showtime exclusive, has recruited Kimbo Slice who is known for his internet brawls and they are now calling him an MMA fighter. After three fights I'm still not convinced. Bo Cantrell was a joke and so was Tank Abbott. Suprisingly James Thompson have him his biggest run for his money... http://www.mmatko.com/kimbo-slice-vs...video-elitexc/

James Thompson is known to have a glass jaw and it took Kimbo 3 rounds to lay him out. I think Kimbo was glad it was finally over

Then there is WEC and what some will call the showdown of the year... Uriah Faber vs. Jens Pulver. http://www.mmashare.com/faber-vs-pul...deo-t1793.html

I was impressed with Pulver who was a big underdog coming into the fight and undefeated as a featherweight, but Faber clearly out classed him in the end.

Enjoy

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
        Walt Kelly

Comment

• BR7
          He is coming to your little town!
          • Aug 2005

I have been watching a lot of the middleweight MMA HDNET fights on HDNET.There have been some very good fights.Jason Miller has been fun to watch but he got beat the other night by Ronaldo de Souza.The most brutal fighter I have seen is Melvin Manhoef,he just over powers everyone

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Working...