• Show
Clear All
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

I can feel your frustration,Danny.
    my parents are expecting me to study 24/7 without breaks
    Ofcourse, they don't.It is just how YOU see the things(and we all saw at your age).
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• katzdvd
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2006

BTW drf,

I do appreciate it when you bring up these topics, because I can have my kids read them; that way, they realize I'm not the only harsh parent in the world!

Comment

• locoeng
        Who Farted?
        • Dec 2005

Harsh?!?!?!?!?!?

I guess this is what I have to look forward to in a few years....I think I'm starting early with this whole bedtime thing with my three year old.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
        Walt Kelly

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

Ofcourse, they don't.It is just how YOU see the things(and we all saw at your age).
          Yes, it is! They basically said so themselves. Otherwise, they would let me use the computer when I'm done studying.
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter

Not exactly, the progress reports are "current" grades, but by the time they get to people's houses, the grades are 2 weeks old. You know how much grades can change in that time... in my honors English class, it said I had a C on my progress report (which I did, for a breif while), but now I have a solid B. But leave it to progress reports to make me look bad.
            Danny wake up and smell the roses

The progress report stated you had a C which you admit that you did have at the time. If it never fell to as C you wouldn't have ever started this topic.

Seems to me your parents are doing the right thing with you. And if taking the mouse and keyboard from you doesn't stop you from using your computer , maybe it is time for it to go back in the sun room or wherever it was before, where it was visible to your parents.

Comment

• katzdvd
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Feb 2006

Seems to me your parents are doing the right thing with you. And if taking the mouse and keyboard from you doesn't stop you from using your computer , maybe it is time for it to go back in the sun room or wherever it was before, where it was visible to your parents
              @ drf,
              y'know, as long as you keep "bending" the rules & getting back online against your parents wishes, you aren't earning any brownie points here either...

I'm just sayin'...

Maybe it would be a good idea for your parents & you to "communicate" instead of "bickering"?

@ I know you're tired of hearing this, 'cause my son sure is, but; "When you get older, you'll understand"

I mean, look at it from a parents' point of view; in a few "short" years, you could possibly be in their shoes, have a few little rugrats of your own runnin' around, & then all those *Bill Cosby comedy bits will start making real sense to you.

*If you've never heard them, there priceless! I suggest you check them out, esp. the ones on parenting/kids!

"My Father Confused Me", "Mothers Will Hit You for Nothing","Those of You With or Without Children, You'll Understand", "Kill the Boy", "The Grandparents"

Comment

• Dan
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Dec 2005

Poor DRF, you start these threads looking for support and you only get more finger waving.

You need to understand everything being said is from our experience as kids and trying to be good parents.

The last thing you want to do at this point is push them away (your parents), because 5-10 years down the road it will be a decision you will regret IMHO.

Comment

• katzdvd
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Feb 2006

The last thing you want to do at this point is push them away (your parents), because 5-10 years down the road it will be a decision you will regret IMHO.
                  Well said...

Comment

• Gary D
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Dan
                    Poor DRF, you start these threads looking for support and you only get more finger waving.

You need to understand everything being said is from our experience as kids and trying to be good parents.

Or when college starts or a family
                    Gary D

Comment

• Dan
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Gary D
                      Or when college starts or a family
                      .........oh so true Gary. (how did you know about my "educational experience" in college? )

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                        NOT an online superstore
                        • Oct 2005

And if taking the mouse and keyboard from you doesn't stop you from using your computer , maybe it is time for it to go back in the sun room or wherever it was before, where it was visible to your parents.
                        @ drf,
                        y'know, as long as you keep "bending" the rules & getting back online against your parents wishes, you aren't earning any brownie points here either...
                        I'm not using my computer at home... my mom never said I couldn't use the school computers (yay loopholes)

I do appreciate it when you bring up these topics, because I can have my kids read them; that way, they realize I'm not the only harsh parent in the world!
                        So you're admitting my parents are harsh? Finally someone agrees :roftl:

The progress report stated you had a C which you admit that you did have at the time. If it never fell to as C you wouldn't have ever started this topic.
                        See, and here's where my parents and I have conflicting viewpoints. When they do the online grade-posting, or progress reports, often it is when we only have 2 or 3 assignments, so the grades are very inflated. Say I got a C on a test (which I did), it would show as a C until I did well on the next one (which I also did). It's just all about the timing in when they send their grades. I prefer only knowing the final ones, that way I'm not as worried about having a B, because they would have been brought back up to A's.
                        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                        Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• jm1647
                          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                          • Apr 2005

I'm not using my computer at home... my mom never said I couldn't use the school computers (yay loopholes)
                          Always looking to get over and to find loopholes is what is gonna get ya in trouble drf

I'm just curious, what were you supposed to be doing when you posted this from school?

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                            NOT an online superstore
                            • Oct 2005

It was before school started... my only true free time. The bus gets here around 7:20, school starts at 7:40, you expect me to twiddle my thumbs for 20 minutes? LOL
                            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                            Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• doctorhardware
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Dec 2006

Must be at school. LOL
                              Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• blutach
                                Not a god of digital video
                                • Oct 2004

It was before school started... my only true free time. The bus gets here around 7:20, school starts at 7:40, you expect me to twiddle my thumbs for 20 minutes? LOL
                                You could go out into the bloody schoolyard and play like we did when we were kids. It's healthier, too and you actually form real relationships with other human beings instead of with a bunch of silicon.

drf - I am disgusted with your behaviour and if I had reds to give, you'd get 'em every day. I really can't stand kids who won't obey their parents - whose only crime is that they love their kids very much and only want them to have a bright and wonderful future.

There's time enough to control your life when you are 18. Till then, trust your parents.

Regards
                                Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                                [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

Working...