X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

As someone we know would say, cough, this thread title is kind of misleading isn't it?

Comment

• Kabuchan
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Apr 2006

Originally Posted by katzdvd
      I believe I mentioned something to that effect some months ago in the "first"? series of these threads.

What version are we in now, I did lose count along the way. Is this Danny 3.0 or 4.0 ?
      That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• jm1647
        An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
        • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by katzdvd
        What version are we in now, I did lose count along the way. Is this Danny 3.0 or 4.0 ?

I previously had mentioned that a visit from the Super Nanny might be needed, but with talk of leaving the computer and maybe getting beat up or raped, now that might need a visit from Dr. Phil. Or if need be a visit from Jerry Springer

Comment

• ipaulo
          • Apr 2006

Here's what you do Danny. Print these pages and put them away in a drawer for safekeeping. Then let twenty years pass and pull them out and read them again. I'm sure you'll have a good chuckle. In the meantime remember who's roof your living under. Who's paying the mortgage or the rent. Who's feeding you. Who's pays for your doctor visits. Who pays for the electricity that runs your computer, the list goes on and on. Until your capable of taking care of these things on your own. I suggest that you follow the rules your parents set, and quit your crying. Because your starting to sound like a spoiled brat that thinks the world owes you something. The world doesn't owe you anything, but you do owe your parents everything. You might not see it this way now, but you will in the future. That's why I'm tell you to read these pages in twenty years. Try doing some of the things that others have suggest here. Go outside and play, get a few bangs and bruises it'll be good for you. Take care Danny

Comment

• drfsupercenter
            NOT an online superstore
            • Oct 2005

Well my mom's letting me use the computer to work on a project. I figured I could take a break...

But I've been working on these video clips for a PowerPoint I'm making since yesterday, should give me an A in this presentation which my teacher said would be enough to give me an A in that class
            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
            Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
            My DVD Collection

Comment

• photo_angel2004
              Queen of Digital Video
              Queen of Digital Video
              • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
              Hello,

Unfortunately my parents took away my keyboard and mouse.. because they were mad about the "progress report" grades I got. They didn't believe me when I said that those grades were better (which they are)
              My son and I just went through that one too. His progress report was VERY bad lots of missing home work (which he told me he got done at school)
              I flipped ..... BUT I didnt do anything until speaking with his teachers FIRST.

The problem was solved after talking to his teachers and found that his grades are back up and by the time his report card is out it looks like the real grades are mostly A's and B's,

Those reporsts are a bit off to say the least. Good luck to ya on that one. Too bad your parents dont belive your teachers and you have to wait to the end of the year.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                NOT an online superstore
                • Oct 2005

Yeah, I even offered to have my teachers email my parents... but my parents just said "We'll wait until the official grades come out in 3 weeks".

Good for them, but I have stuff I could be doing!!!
                CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                  Queen of Digital Video
                  Queen of Digital Video
                  • Jan 2004

That sucks Danny,

I didnt want to punish my kid unless it was really needed these last few weeks of school are big ones for him as they are his last few weeks at this school and there is much going on in the celebration of the graduation.

I feel for ya on this one.
                  Just a call to the teachers to make sure should be good enough.

Heck I e-mail my sons teachers myself when I have questions.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                    NOT an online superstore
                    • Oct 2005

My mom used to do that... but then she stopped (probably because she's lazy and still accusing me of being that way)

As I said, I will use school computers as much as possible... and hopefully bring one of my public grades up to an A (the ones they see the reports on, so she'll get off my case about it)

Heck, the other day I got a certificate saying I was in the Magna Cum Laude category, and my mom was like "I'd be happy if you graduated with that... but with these grades you'll lose that"
                    I'd like to see her face in 3 weeks
                    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                    Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• katzdvd
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Feb 2006

Progress reports provide a "snapshot" of a daily grade(s) at any one given time, & could be taken out of context, I suppose. However, if one would keep "all" their grades up, they wouldn't get a nasty surprise such as this one...I rem. my senior year, we had "senior privileges", which allowed us certain "perks", if you will, & was based on a system much like your progress reports are. If we dropped the ball for just a short while, it pulled our total grade average down, & then they would yank our privileges until the grades improved. If our grades fell too far at any time in H.S., we lost the ability to participate in extra activities.

A couple times I was close to getting "booted" from the wrestling team, but I did manage to make it. Also, I would add - at that time (10th. grade), I was also working a 6 day a week job from 6 p.m. to midnite, so I was really crammed for (study) time. Plus, add the (unfair) chores that my parents piled on me as well, not too much free time, I must say.

Did I mention that I had to walk almost a mile (believe it or not, uphill) to the bus stop? Ah, those were the days

I feel that kids today >mine included < whine too much, do way too little; seems all there care about doing is going from "screen to screen", i.e. tv vid. game to pc monitor, then over to a friends house to do more of the same. Then to the mall to repeat the process. When we go hunting/fishing, the lad wants to take the game boy along!

GEEZ! All I can say is I feel sorry for this generation of kids on their wedding night... (Yells in from the living room) >>>Not yet, I have to get the High Score On HALO 2!<<<

P.S. - not trying to be hard on you; after re-reading this post, it may seem so, but I guess I'm just sayin' try to look at it from your parent's point of view as well. I don't know them personally as you do, so maybe they do have a tenancy to jump the gun on punishment, I don't know, since we're dealing with a "one-sided" conversation here. Maybe if you all just sat down & talked things out in general, (w/o yelling ) it would help out a bit. My family has a "talk" pretty much every week where we try to discuss things such as this, & from a very young age, we instilled in our kids; "Always talk, never fight".
                      We try to keep it calm; my wife & I both came from families that didn't practice that, so I already know that method doesn't work... Talk to 'em

AND, don't forget all those "lame" holidays, such as Mother's day/Father's day/Birthdays, etc. If ya have no $$$, homemade gifts are fine (yes, I know, corny), but they still win brownie points with parents, as well as "I love you" & hugs do!

Hang in there

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                        NOT an online superstore
                        • Oct 2005

Of course you had to walk up hill both ways to school, that totally doesn't defy logic at all

Oh wait, didn't you just ride your pet dinosaur to school?
                        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                        Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• Chewy
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2003

I am not that old, they even had buses, it was flat country and only a mile to the bus stop

the gas station let me come in and scorch my coat on their pot belly coal stove

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                            NOT an online superstore
                            • Oct 2005

My bus stop is two houses down, why were they so far away back then? Heck, my SCHOOL is only a mile away... I could walk to school at the same distance you guys walked to the bus
                            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                            Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• doctorhardware
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Dec 2006

@photo,
                              That sounds familiar here to many missing assignments. He does just enough to get by. He so pig headed.
                              Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• jm1647
                                An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
                                My mom used to do that... but then she stopped (probably because she's lazy and still accusing me of being that way)
                                Lazy huh, well I hope she gets lazy when it comes time to wash your clothes and do the other things a Mom does for their kids.

You have been posting about your parents saying that you spend too much time on your puter. You got the progress report which like you stated was a true status of your grades at that time.
                                A decision was made to keep you off your puter for 3 weeks at home. Then you call your Mom lazy because she wouldn't call or email the teacher. Shame on you.

Grow up, quit your whining, face the facts about the 3 week no puter priviledges at home and live with it

There is an old saying, "Lifes a b1tch and then you die"

Comment

Working...